PSA: Human hair styles 1 stealth patched to apply to aliens.

ghoul_drool

Right now, if you have Human Hair styles 1 unlocked for your account, you can create a Mirialan, cyborg, Miraluka or Chiss character with those new hair styles. Also, cyborgs apparently get to use the new hair colors and white eyes as well, though I haven't tested that.

Oddly enough this wasn't in the patch notes but IS actually live right now.

Hurrah for retroactive free stuff and all that!

Edit: Or not.

Edited by ghoul_drool

I tried this out because I'd love to have one of those hair styles on my Cyborg.

I have not purchased the expanded hair on any of my humans yet, but I do see the options available for my Cyborg. However, the game will not let me select them. If I move the slider into the bright purple area (the new styles & colors) the button on the image designer interface changes from "Change Appearance" to "Exit".

So then I purchased the expanded hair design on a human. That worked, obviously.

Back in on the Cyborg and... I have to change something ELSE, in addition to the hair style, to get the hair style to change along with it. So I did that, clicked the Change Appearance button, and got... an error.

Nope, you really can not put the new hair styles on a Cyborg.

Edited by DarthTHC

• 4 weeks later...

I say allow almost all options for all races. Naturally there would be some limitations based on the model limitations themselves, but most of the options could and should work on the current races in the game.

I also hold out hope to see red glowing eyes in the future. Even orange would be acceptable.

What I want to know is why all aliens *except* for purebloods can preview the "new" hairstyles. Does this mean that even if the aliens eventually can use the new hair, purebloods still can't? I've wanted a long haired pureblood since that hairstyle came out! Bah!

This would bring a lot of good will to Bioware.

It was ridiculous that these were restricted to single species to begin with,

I really hope they go the way of opening this up to the other species,

instead of "fixing the bug"

But who knows, they went back and "fixed" the character selection screen

after all that positive outpour regardiing it.

I'm not holding my breath. :(

This would bring a lot of good will to Bioware.

It was ridiculous that these were restricted to single species to begin with,

I really hope they go the way of opening this up to the other species,

instead of "fixing the bug"

But who knows, they went back and "fixed" the character selection screen

after all that positive outpour regardiing it.

I'm not holding my breath. :(

Judging from the name (Human Hair Expansion One), I suspect they were once upon a time, planning to do a pack for other species (Miraluka Hair Expansion One, Mirialan Hair Expansion and so forth) but people may have recognized that as a cheap way to wring credits for minimum work, since the hair styles would likely have all been the same.

Judging from the name (Human Hair Expansion One), I suspect they were once upon a time, planning to do a pack for other species (Miraluka Hair Expansion One, Mirialan Hair Expansion and so forth) but people may have recognized that as a cheap way to wring credits for minimum work, since the hair styles would likely have all been the same.

Probably. But now we're stuck in the worst of both worlds. We know the new hairstyles work on the alien races (you can see them working properly in the appearance designer) but we don't have access to them.

I don't mind how they handle it, either by widening out the human pack to cover all races (probably the best choice for generating good will) or by adding an alien species hairstyles pack. But they need to find a way because the current situation is rather silly.

Probably. But now we're stuck in the worst of both worlds. We know the new hairstyles work on the alien races (you can see them working properly in the appearance designer) but we don't have access to them.

I don't mind how they handle it, either by widening out the human pack to cover all races (probably the best choice for generating good will) or by adding an alien species hairstyles pack. But they need to find a way because the current situation is rather silly.

I absolutely agree. Then again, IMO, we should have expacs on every aspect of character creation. Sure it is all cosmetic, but many people are willing to pay cash for cosmetic stuff in a game.

I absolutely agree. Then again, IMO, we should have expacs on every aspect of character creation. Sure it is all cosmetic, but many people are willing to pay cash for cosmetic stuff in a game.

The question you should be asking yourself is if people would be willing to pay, in the fashion that Bioware originally envisioned.

Back when the first batch of new human ONLY hair styles was first released, it was plainly obvious that Bioware was trying to gouge folks, as usual.

Seeing that over a year and half went by with no progress on that front, I can only assume it kinda backfired, which is why the incoming pack will -- presumably -- include the human ONLY hair styles for Mirialan, Chiss, Miraluka(?) and Cyborg.

Three -- or four -- in one. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The question you should be asking yourself is if people would be willing to pay, in the fashion that Bioware originally envisioned.

Back when the first batch of new human ONLY hair styles was first released, it was plainly obvious that Bioware was trying to gouge folks, as usual.

Seeing that over a year and half went by with no progress on that front, I can only assume it kinda backfired, which is why the incoming pack will -- presumably -- include the human ONLY hair styles for Mirialan, Chiss, Miraluka(?) and Cyborg.

Three -- or four -- in one. :D

We have the answer to that question already: No. Not per-specie like (speculation on my part) planned.

But in general? "Hair Expansion One", "Iris Color Expansion One", "Hair Colors Expansions One", " Tattoos Expansion One", "Zabrak/Mirialan Tattoo Expansion One" (two different items, didn't want to type out both), "Chiss/Twi'lek/Sith/Zabrak Skintone Expansion One" (again, maybe different items since they wouldn't all the be the same colors), "Scars Expansion One", " Twi'lek Markings Expansion One".

And then from time to time, drop the next set of those expansions ("Hair Expansion Two" etc.)

People might pay for those.

I saw this too! I'll just join some of you folks sighing in despair over how it is only previewable, not purchasable. :(

My guess/hope is that they are preparing to release a catch-all "stuff for humans that we're opening up to other races" unlock in the CM. I noticed that the human hairstyles pack is on major sale this week too . . . maybe a consolation of sorts for the fact that the new unlock they are planning to release will have such a wide scope (hair for several races instead of just one), in comparison? Unlikely, but I'm crossing my fingers!

I sincerely hope that they will make another attempt at new appearance unlock offerings for the CM. It seems that the "human only" options landed them in a bit of a pickle, but I hope after rectifying the situation they are not too discouraged to give it another go. Obviously, the new hairstyles are popular (at least the good ones :p). Just park your character by a GTN kiosk on fleet, or check out the ladies posted on TOR-fashion, and you'll see a ton of characters using them, even though they are human only!

I saw this too! I'll just join some of you folks sighing in despair over how it is only previewable, not purchasable. :(

My guess/hope is that they are preparing to release a catch-all "stuff for humans that we're opening up to other races" unlock in the CM. I noticed that the human hairstyles pack is on major sale this week too . . . maybe a consolation of sorts for the fact that the new unlock they are planning to release will have such a wide scope (hair for several races instead of just one), in comparison? Unlikely, but I'm crossing my fingers!

I sincerely hope that they will make another attempt at new appearance unlock offerings for the CM. It seems that the "human only" options landed them in a bit of a pickle, but I hope after rectifying the situation they are not too discouraged to give it another go. Obviously, the new hairstyles are popular (at least the good ones :p). Just park your character by a GTN kiosk on fleet, or check out the ladies posted on TOR-fashion, and you'll see a ton of characters using them, even though they are human only!

The pack only has five: Braid and bun, Long mane of hair for Ladies, Qui-Gon's hair for men, Dress tied back for both

• 2 weeks later...
I just noticed this today when I went to check out the pigtails on one of my characters. Those human only styles obviously work reasonably well on other species. I don't see any reason not to make them available. Having them available to preview and not change is just cruel. :) Edited by Mozepy