I'm interviewing Eric Musco live tomorrow (15th Oct) 7pm GMT+1

snave

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad he hammered home on that operative wink; but I actually think Snave is loading his questions too much. More flies with honey, and all that. That said; Eric can irritate as its like trying to nail a fried egg to a wall.

I'm loving the loaded questions. We know the answers are going to be PR, but its nice to see the communities pov being thrown out there like this.

Now Im loving the loaded questions. Straight at this top level PvP requirements. "Right now there are no controls in place." lol

It sounded to me like Eric had no real conversations with the devs on having a minimum expertise requirement.

Edited by Technohic

Yay. He asked about the better than cross server thing. And then Eric poops on it.

Pretty much confirms that the pvpers low expectations should stay low. Doubt its going to be anything worth mentioning and I doubt it will improve anything. They need to just hunker down and give us cross server. Stop fighting it. Every new MMO now has it. Its a standard now.

And this will help how? I'm sure they're well aware of the number of people who have actually unsubbed as well as the number of people who have claimed to have unsubbed, but either didn't or did only for a minute before resubbing.

I've been watching people threatening to unsub over and over for almost 3 years now. People who continue to post on the forums regularly, a privilege reserved for subs Only. This was especially prevalent several months ago when Eric Musco made his infamous "no" post, which countless people updated their signatures to cite as a reason they were unsubbing....but continued to post/continue to post daily.

So whether somebody keeps playing the game or has stopped playing the game, but continues to post on the forums daily, threatening to unsub/claiming to have unsubbed, but continues to pay for a sub, it's not the least bit effective in swaying anyone, from the top EA people, to the top Bioware people, let alone the community manager, who most likely will just be rolling his eyes.

inb4 somebody challenges this, but not before going back years to edit out all their unsub QQ.:rolleyes:

This is not exactly correct. I will take my self as an example. I unsubbed for roughly 3 month this year. Compared to that, my sub was active all year 2013. Quick math that is 33% lose in revenue in 2014 compared to 2013. My sub runs in a couple of days, and I do not plan to sub again till 3.0 is live and functional (functional might take month). If I unsub next two month it is 42% revenue loss this year.

Now the questions is have sub numbers increased in 2014. I do not have factual statistics, but it is not unfair to say que times have gotten longer in 2014 compared to 2013.

Going back to subbing, I am not planning to leave the game, but with less interesting stuff coming (everything after 2.4 so far was not my cup of tea), I will most likely unsub for even longer period in 2015. Am I active on the forums when I am a sub? Yes, but that does not mean BW was able to maintain my business in 2014 like they did in 2013. And 2015 does not look promising at all.

Edited by Ottoattack

Just as a reminder for anyone who wasn't aware, I'll be interviewing Community Manager Eric Musco tomorrow (15th October) at 7pm GMT+1 / 1pm CDT on the topic of community management; specifically that of the PvP community.

So, after SPAMMING the REGULAR Twich sessions full with PvP questions so that NO-ONE ELSE was able to deliver their own questions,

the PvP folks get what they want.

Lesson learned : If you spam the REGULAR Twitch channel long and hard enough, then you'll get what you want - as an PvP player of course. Everyone else gets nothinbg, of course. That's what it makes it so great being an PvP player : One gets everything ! All needed it enough spam. And the resulting loss of RL reputation because of that spam can easily be neglected becauise there is the almighty Internet Anonymity !/i]

Full Success !

I have no idea what your point is here. The PvP community gets next to NO attention, and you say "REGULAR" a lot, and in caps, so does that mean there is a PvP stream we should tune into to communicate with Bioware that the PvP community is un-aware of? If so please share your insight.

Snave is one of the more popular and entertaining EU streamers. The interview gave nothing more than some dialogue between the Operative class rep - who happens to be a PvP player, and the Community Manager for the game.

Remind us all again what you would rather had happened? The answer would have been nothing in place of this. The community suggested this first, not Snave from what I recall.

So, after SPAMMING the REGULAR Twich sessions full with PvP questions so that NO-ONE ELSE was able to deliver their own questions,

Lesson learned : If you spam the REGULAR Twitch channel long and hard enough, then you'll get what you want - as an PvP player of course. Everyone else gets nothinbg, of course. That's what it makes it so great being an PvP player : One gets everything ! All needed it enough spam. And the resulting loss of RL reputation because of that spam can easily be neglected becauise there is the almighty Internet Anonymity !/i]

Full Success !

Butthurt 12 year old pve'er is butthurt.

Full Success !

Stop SPAMMING the REGULAR PvP forum with PvE ****.

To be quite honest.. I really disliked the most part of the interview.

It's filled with personal opinions from snave and while some of it is good content and a good bucket of water in the face of musco.. a bigger portion is just complete bull.

The best example, which kind of made me lol, is how wakalord would be the best classrep to ever exist.

No actual offense intended to wakalord.. but if he had been the classrep we would've had autocrit mauls in 2.4 and in 2.7 we would've ended up gutted into the ground.

Full Success !

No one cares, go away.

watching that stream was like having to listen to all the couch potato coaches at work who think they are football experts. but, there is a reason they are sitting on the couch just watching the games instead of coaching the games.

Was a great stream and glad some of the tougher questions were asked to Musco. Props for that Snave.

We have to let the PVP players voice be heard. Nightmare operations are created for a small elite section of the game, but pvp in general is back seated.

There are really only two ways to be considered a great player in this game: Defeating Nightmare Operations, or Ranked PVP. So where is the new content support for pvp? Bring back the 8v8's, Now someone will probably say no one played them, well, news for you, they were ran by most pvp guilds. Other pvp guilds ran regs to gear their players for 8v8s. Also 8v8s allowed pvp guilds to include their players, if one wasn't the best, he could be carried. There is no carrying in Arena's.

Also, Ranked PVP has bolster and hard or nightmare operations do not? What bias is this?

Community Team, you guys are our only hope. Get the devs to make swtor pvp more of a priority.

This is an outrage! Eric Musco told me I was his favorite class rep at the Chicago Cantina. (First question of the stream.)

Edit:

It's nice to hear that the class rep system had a supposedly big impact on the developer team.

Edited by Andrew_Past