Masssively Article

Smartcat

Someone saw this article? It mentions a new race coming after 3.0, something about an appearance gear system (lets hope is a wardrobe type of thing). I'm posting because I didn'r see people talking about it. I'm excited :eek:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/10/13/swtor-dev-spoilers-from-the-nyc-cantina-tour/

People were talking about it on Reddit yesterday. Also, the species is Togruta. ;)

Saying that they're using the single side quest class story as a testing ground for more class story (without returning to full chapters) seems peculiar. One has to wonder exactly what aspect is being tested. It can't be 'do people want to play that content' because it's obvious that the majority do. No testing needed. I seriously hope it isn't 'how little dialogue can we get away with while cramming the content into a repeatable daily area.' ;) Edited by errant_knight

Saying that they're using the ssingle side quest class story as a testing ground for more class story (without returning to full chapters) seems peculiar. One has to wonder exactly what aspect is being tested. It can't be 'do people want to play that content' because it's obvious that the majority do, no testing needed? I seriously hope it isn't 'how little dialogue can er get away with while cramming the content into a repeatable daily area.' ;)

"Can we write something for the class stories that people will enjoy, given that the majority of the writing team is gone and we've only got two guys left?"

I count one lonely soul, at least as far as the original team is concerned. Who's the other one? :p

Charles? Boyd? I think he works with Hall Hood? I must admit, I haven't been paying attention for like... ten months, so the "team" could just be one dude. Still, even if were correct, it'd mean that there's really only like two women working in Austin, and both are on the social team, rather than development :/

Charles? Boyd? I think he works with Hall Hood? I must admit, I haven't been paying attention for like... ten months, so the "team" could just be one dude. Still, even if were correct, it'd mean that there's really only like two women working in Austin, and both are on the social team, rather than development :/

Thought we went through that already. ;)

Hall Hood is now Lead Writer for Shadow Realms. Seeing that he used to be Lead Writer for this game and now Charles Boyd is, I believe it's fair to assume his contributions are either minimal or non-existent.

Neil Pollner ( SW Lead Writer ) is supposedly working at Bioware still but dunno what he writes nowadays. Shame, seeing that I consider the SW story -- together with the Agent -- the best, as far as the writing is concerned.

Thought we went through that already. ;)

Hall Hood is now Lead Writer for Shadow Realms. Seeing that he used to be Lead Writer for this game and now Charles Boyd is, I believe it's fair to assume his contributions are either minimal or non-existent.

Neil Pollner ( SW Lead Writer ) is supposedly working at Bioware still but dunno what he writes nowadays. Shame, seeing that I consider the SW story -- together with the Agent -- the best, as far as the writing is concerned.

Agent was Alexander Freed, who recently spoke about Hunter, but unfortunately did not touch on the subject of Hunter's gender identity, which was rather the point from which the correspondence leapt.

Sorry, I just, I like Freed's writing. I like SCORPIO and though I hate Hunter, I must admit the foil is well written.

What did Charles Boyd write? I must admit I'm too lazy to trawl through the credits or, you know, attempt to google him.

Edited by Tatile

Agent was Alexander Freed, who recently spoke about Hunter, but unfortunately did not touch on the subject of Hunter's gender identity, which was rather the point from which the correspondence leapt.

Sorry, I just, I like Freed's writing. I like SCORPIO and though I hate Hunter, I must admit the foil is well written.

What did Charles Boyd write? I must admit I'm too lazy to trawl through the credits or, you know, attempt to google him.

I'm aware Freed wrote the Agent one. I was referring to Pollner as having written the SW one. :p

Charles Boyd was Lead for the Trooper story.

EDIT:

Also...

One of the most anti-climatic scenes from me was NOT being able to kiss Hunter aboard the Star Chamber, with my female Agent the first time around.

Such a wasted opportunity. :(

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I am taking a lot of these "leaks" with a grain of salt.

Just seems too much of what people are asking for... sort of a "too good to be true" feeling

Uh huh! I caution anyone falling for these rumors. I urge you to be excited, but remain realistic please!

Yikes. How about putting spoiler tags around giant plot twists, huh? This isn't the spoiler section and we have a lot of new players in the game

Sorry, I know a lot of IA players, so I kinda assumed it was general knowledge. Fixed.

It's the Old Republic, TUXs. Bioware Austin. ;)

If there's something we've been taught the hard way, is to NEVER be overexcited about anything. IMHO anyway.

I agree completely!!!

How the hell is it that anyone here doesn't know this by now? ALWAYS expect LESS. On a scale of 1-10, expect 2's. The larger the release, the better chance for a delay...or the complete removal of some part of the release that you were most looking forward to.

I'm not trying to stifle hope on 3.0, but I am trying to inject a tiny bit of realism...don't let your imagination get carried away.

I agree completely!!!

How the hell is it that anyone here doesn't know this by now? ALWAYS expect LESS. On a scale of 1-10, expect 2's. The larger the release, the better chance for a delay...or the complete removal of some part of the release that you were most looking forward to.

I'm not trying to stifle hope on 3.0, but I am trying to inject a tiny bit of realism...don't let your imagination get carried away.

2's?! Let's not get optimistic now, I'll be happy with a one.

One large cup of tea and a nap when we find out that 3.0's been delayed until the new year.

Edited by Tatile

Saying that they're using the single side quest class story as a testing ground for more class story (without returning to full chapters) seems peculiar. One has to wonder exactly what aspect is being tested. It can't be 'do people want to play that content' because it's obvious that the majority do. No testing needed.

It's a test to see if the cost of producing even that much affects the bottom line compared to how much revenue they get from selling the expansion. Do more people buy this expansion than the last one? They can then get feedback on the 12x bonus and class stories to see what had the greatest effect.

Basically it's a cost/benefit analysis, not really a test for players. They know people enjoy the stories and like quick leveling...that's why the 12x bonus exists.

Neil Pollner ( SW Lead Writer ) is supposedly working at Bioware still but dunno what he writes nowadays.

I think Pollner is up at Bioware Montreal now, meaning he's likely working on the new Mass Effect game along with Joanna Berry (Jedi Consular).