Something way better then cross-server

NotAnyOldName

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O. M. G. I never thought about that. That would be so Bioware.

I don't think it is a great idea but you could make it like I think what GW2 does, where the abilities and utilities all get unlocked when in the WZ, so essentially giving a level 10 character everything they would have at level 60. Their tree would fill up and stuff would dump on their bar then they get 7 clicks to select their utilities. Maybe they could have a pre-configuration before entering the WZ.

The down side would be that bolster really would need to be made fool proof and I do not have faith in that ever happening. Players also possibly would not have their utilities selected as they would not know what they were doing and if you think you get bads now; wait till you get a fresh level 10.

The bigger downside is it would make PvP even more unwelcoming for newbs. A new player finish his starter, gets his AC, decides to give PvP a try, and queues. Suddenly he's inedited with a whole lot of new crap. It can be really daunting. It's like giving a kid who just got his learners permit keys to a 458.

This idea would work find if they broke it down to two brackets and kept the 10-29, but newbs need their proving ground.

And how would you account for trainer skills that still haven't been learned yet? Stuns, bubbles, interrupts, etc. are the real difference maker between that 60 sniper and 10 mara.

Also:

There isn't an issue with the population in regs. I never wait for more than a few minutes for a pop, so changing the brackets wouldn't do anything.

This.

1 big megaserver would solve everything. Ranked PvP, here I come!

X-Server was supposed to be implemented in the 1.2 8v8 Ranked system way back in 2012, but was scrapped. Bee-Dubya has known about X-Server, and the need for it, for a long time. However, they just didn't have the tech to pull it off.

So a solution I heard mentioned at the time, by the then Lead Dev (who has since been fired), was to create a Megaserver where a postseason could be conducted. So we would commence the preseason and regular season on our individual servers. Then, based on the Ratings achieved, we would all participate in a Postseason on a Megaserver to flush out the top teams and players.

That may be what they are planning or have in mind when they say "way better." However, it is actually an old idea, and frankly, may simply be pure speculation at this point.

Edited by DarthOvertone

O. M. G. I never thought about that. That would be so Bioware.

I don't think it is a great idea but you could make it like I think what GW2 does, where the abilities and utilities all get unlocked when in the WZ, so essentially giving a level 10 character everything they would have at level 60. Their tree would fill up and stuff would dump on their bar then they get 7 clicks to select their utilities. Maybe they could have a pre-configuration before entering the WZ.

The down side would be that bolster really would need to be made fool proof and I do not have faith in that ever happening. Players also possibly would not have their utilities selected as they would not know what they were doing and if you think you get bads now; wait till you get a fresh level 10.

I think what was supposed to be adressed was ranked queue times, and I HIGHLY doub they will be letting players below level 60 queue ranked. I'm not saying their solution is going to be anything good, but letting level 10's queue with max level players is probably not what they have in mind. :rolleyes: