Can we finally make Datacrons legacy-wide in the new xpac?

wilcou

They're already doing this with class buffs and HK/Treek. And don't try that "class buffs are not permanent" argument again. Please.

Yes, I tend to ignore stupidity. If you really can't see what's wrong with comparing datacrons to gear + all the other stuff, then I can't help you.

You already know that class buffs are not permanent. You also know that HK/Treek are companions which are usable only in some situations and not permanent stat bonuses that apply to your character at all times.

If you refuse to see that datacrons and all that other stuff are the same principle, differing only in scale, then I can't help you either. That does not change the truth, however, no matter how much you wish they were different.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always laugh when someone uses the word "EARN" in reference to something in a GAME.

If it's just a "game" and people shouldn't have to "earn" anything then why should anyone have to put forth any effort for anything? Why not just give everyone everything simply for logging in?

You already know that class buffs are not permanent. You also know that HK/Treek are companions which are usable only in some situations and not permanent stat bonuses that apply to your character at all times.

If you refuse to see that datacrons and all that other stuff are the same principle, differing only in scale, then I can't help you either. That does not change the truth, however, no matter how much you wish they were different.

Is this a serious argument? Please tell me you're not being serious? This can't be serious......No one is this ignorant.

Is this a serious argument? Please tell me you're not being serious? This can't be serious......No one is this ignorant.

He always trolls these conversations trying to make an argument. he uses extreme examples to try to argue his point. he cannot be convinced and his arguments make little sense.

If it's just a "game" and people shouldn't have to "earn" anything then why should anyone have to put forth any effort for anything? Why not just give everyone everything simply for logging in?

I don't understand how this is even close to giving people everything. People still have to do the datacrons, they just don't the special snowflake sense of achievement doing the same boring and sometimes buggy puzzle tasks.

For some, solving it on their own is their sense of achievement, redoing that solved puzzle is not.

Legacy Class buffs for completing chapter 2 IS a permanent bonus. You get to apply the bonus even In situations where you do not have people of other classes available to give you the task.

While you mention that hk is not usable in all situations, they are also a lot simpler to achieve, and yet it is also unlockable in legacy.

See? When the reward is desired enough, the effort required is not too much as you DID put forth the effort to obtain the achievement.

Yes the achievement. The stats bonus are miniscule.

Since you have chosen not to obtain some of the datacrons on each character, that tells me that even you recognize that those bonuses are NOT necessary and that leaving them in the "have to be earned per character" category will not have an adverse effect on characters.

No. You misrepresent time spent v reward obtained.

Yes the achievement. The stats bonus are miniscule.

If the stat bonuses are miniscule, then there is no reason to make them legacy wide. If the stat bonuses are miniscule, then it will not hurt player A if one of his character's does not have those miniscule bonuses because player A is too averse to the minimal effort required to actually find the datacrons with that character.

No. You misrepresent time spent v reward obtained.

No, I don't. If player A felt that not having the stat bonuses on character A would have an adverse affect on character A, then the time spent v reward obtained calculations for player A would be different. Player A would find the datacrons with character A since not having those miniscule stat bonuses would have an adverse affect on character A.

When you admit that you do not find the datacrons with every character, you acknowledge that there is no adverse affect on character's that do not have those stat bonuses. If not having those stat bonuses had an adverse affect, then you would likely find the datacrons rather than intentionally "gimp" your character.

If the stat bonuses are miniscule, then there is no reason to make them legacy wide. If the stat bonuses are miniscule, then it will not hurt player A if one of his character's does not have those miniscule bonuses because player A is too averse to the minimal effort required to actually find the datacrons with that character.

No, I don't. If player A felt that not having the stat bonuses on character A would have an adverse affect on character A, then the time spent v reward obtained calculations for player A would be different. Player A would find the datacrons with character A since not having those miniscule stat bonuses would have an adverse affect on character A.

When you admit that you do not find the datacrons with every character, you acknowledge that there is no adverse affect on character's that do not have those stat bonuses. If not having those stat bonuses had an adverse affect, then you would likely find the datacrons rather than intentionally "gimp" your character.

Doesn't matter if its miniscule or not, its still tedious and time consuming and its something that should be legacy wide just like class buffs and buffs from max companion affection.

Doesn't matter if its miniscule or not, its still tedious and time consuming and its something that should be legacy wide just like class buffs and buffs from max companion affection.

Why? Because some players are too lazy to earn them on every character for which they want those "mininscule" stat bonuses ?

Datacrons are a completely OPTIONAL part of the game. If you do not wish to find the datacrons with a given character, then you do not have to do so. Not having those miniscule bonuses would not affect your character adversely.

If you feel those bonuses are worth having, then you should be willing to put forth the minimal effort required to obtain them.

The devs can change their minds at any time, but so far, they have not chosen to do so. I have not seen anything to indicate they are even considering changing their minds, though, In fact, everything I have seen or heard indicates that they have no plans to do so.

Why? Because some players are too lazy to earn them on every character for which they want those "mininscule" stat bonuses ?

Datacrons are a completely OPTIONAL part of the game. If you do not wish to find the datacrons with a given character, then you do not have to do so. Not having those miniscule bonuses would not affect your character adversely.

If you feel those bonuses are worth having, then you should be willing to put forth the minimal effort required to obtain them.

The devs can change their minds at any time, but so far, they have not chosen to do so. I have not seen anything to indicate they are even considering changing their minds, though, In fact, everything I have seen or heard indicates that they have no plans to do so.

No ones stopping you from doing mundane/tedious platforming. Legacy system exists for a reason. Its not a matter of being lazy, its a matter of literally not wanting to do it more than once. It should be part of the legacy system. I don't care if its an individual legacy purchase like the xp buffs and companions are.

No ones stopping you from doing mundane/tedious platforming. Legacy system exists for a reason. Its not a matter of being lazy, its a matter of literally not wanting to do it more than once. It should be part of the legacy system. I don't care if its an individual legacy purchase like the xp buffs and companions are.

BTW was being said NO in the podcast... if I understood well, that is.

Laziness is defined as an aversion to work or effort. "Not wanting to do it more than once" sure seems like "an aversion to the effort" of doing it more than once. By definition, that makes it laziness.

Effort put forth on one character does not entitle every character to those rewards.

If player A does a daily on his mercenary, do each and every one of his characters, present and future, get those credits? If player A completes a quest, do each and every one of his characters, present and future, get the XP from that quest? If player A loots a piece of gear in an OP or FP, do each and every one of his characters, present and future, get the same piece of gear, or a class appropriate equivalent piece of gear?

EA/Origin/Steam or whatever game id clients should recognize the player past achievements and whenever a player buy and start a new game you will see the following message....

Puzzle.....check

Strategy...check

Action.....check

Accuracy...check

Congratulations. Given your past achievements, you are given the score of 99 for this game. Here is the end game cut scene... Enjoy.

***Game Over***

If player A does a daily on his mercenary, do each and every one of his characters, present and future, get those credits?

Yes, it's called a mailbox.

If player A completes a quest, do each and every one of his characters, present and future, get the XP from that quest?

Not really relevant since it is nowhere near the same thing. Not even on the same scale.

If player A loots a piece of gear in an OP or FP, do each and every one of his characters, present and future, get the same piece of gear, or a class appropriate equivalent piece of gear?

Ya, its called legacy gear.

Laziness is defined as an aversion to work or effort. "Not wanting to do it more than once" sure seems like "an aversion to the effort" of doing it more than once. By definition, that makes it laziness.

So anyone who ever said "The effort here isn't worth the reward?" is a lazy slob?

What if someone offered to pay you $5 to dig a mile-long ditch? Are you lazy for refusing?

Troll much?

Yes, it's called a mailbox.

So, you're saying that when player A does a daily, he only gets ONE reward of credits and that he can send those credits to any of his alts. He does not get an identical "credit reward" for each and every one of his characters, present and future. So, doing a daily once only provides the rewards for THAT character. It does not equate to the rewards for each and every character a player has, present and future.

Yet, you want to be able to find the datacrons ONCE on ONE character, and have each and every one of your characters, present and future, receive an IDENTICAL set of rewards (stat bonuses).

Not really relevant since it is nowhere near the same thing. Not even on the same scale.

Yes it is.

You want to be able to find the datacrons ONCE on ONE character, and have each and every one of your characters, present and future, receive an IDENTICAL set of rewards (stat bonuses).

Why do they not give each and every character the same amount of XP when one a player completes a quest on one character?

Ya, its called legacy gear.

Again, you admit that looting a piece of gear only gets you ONE piece of gear, not an identical piece of gear, or a class appropriate piece of gear, for each and every character you have, present and future. So, once again, effort put forth on that character only provides the rewards for THAT character. It does NOT equate to rewards for each and every character a player has, present and future.

Yet, you want to be able to find the datacrons ONCE on ONE character, and have each and every one of your characters, present and future, receive an IDENTICAL set of rewards (stat bonuses).

So anyone who ever said "The effort here isn't worth the reward?" is a lazy slob?

What if someone offered to pay you $5 to dig a mile-long ditch? Are you lazy for refusing?

Troll much?

Did I refuse to dig that ditch and still expect to be paid the $5 simply because I dug a ditch yesterday?

Do you go to your boss and tell him that you do the same thing each week and that you are not going to do it this week since you did the same thing last week, but still expect to get paid for this week? Do you go to your boss and tell him that you expect him to pay your entire family the same amount he pays you since you are doing the work?

Did I refuse to dig that ditch and still expect to be paid the $5 simply because I dug a ditch yesterday?

Do you go to your boss and tell him that you do the same thing each week and that you are not going to do it this week since you did the same thing last week, but still expect to get paid for this week? Do you go to your boss and tell him that you expect him to pay your entire family the same amount he pays you since you are doing the work?

That analogy isn't even remotely feasible here. I'm laughing that you even brought it up.

So, you're saying that when player A does a daily, he only gets ONE reward of credits and that he can send those credits to any of his alts. He does not get an identical "credit reward" for each and every one of his characters, present and future. So, doing a daily once only provides the rewards for THAT character. It does not equate to the rewards for each and every character a player has, present and future.

Yes it is.

You want to be able to find the datacrons ONCE on ONE character, and have each and every one of your characters, present and future, receive an IDENTICAL set of rewards (stat bonuses).

Why do they not give each and every character the same amount of XP when one a player completes a quest on one character?

Again, you admit that looting a piece of gear only gets you ONE piece of gear, not an identical piece of gear, or a class appropriate piece of gear, for each and every character you have, present and future. So, once again, effort put forth on that character only provides the rewards for THAT character. It does NOT equate to rewards for each and every character a player has, present and future.

*headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*

I'm out.