What do people see in Lana Beniko?

Djiini

Thread title. It eludes me.

It is a girl, too many people here like any girl...

She is ok looking I guess, better than some, worse than others...

I'd rather have Satele as a companion... She's a Shadow of course, I'd prefer a Sage... maybe she could convert? :)

A heal/dps Sage companion? It would be like Treek, but better! :)

Personally, I couldn't care less about her looks. I like the fact that she doesn't fit into the typical "drown everything in a river of blood" mold of most Sith we come across. I like her for the same reason I like Darth Marr. She's pragmatic, with the best interests of the Empire in mind, not her own power grabs at the expense of the Empire like so many others.

People see different things and like different things. That's really all there is to it. If you don't like it, that's fine. No need to goggle at people who are interested in her. You don't like her, move on.

I think one of the major draws is that she is the only female Imperial character that female player characters have ever gotten a Flirt line with.

Personally, I couldn't care less about her looks. I like the fact that she doesn't fit into the typical "drown everything in a river of blood" mold of most Sith we come across. I like her for the same reason I like Darth Marr. She's pragmatic, with the best interests of the Empire in mind, not her own power grabs at the expense of the Empire like so many others.

This. Also, if looks are an issue for you, remember that even somebody as vain as Jaime Lannister can find a soft spot for Brienne.

She's bland. And as someone pointed out in an FP once, she looks like she does coke.

And there are female Sith that don't look monstrous or rage all the time. Lachris comes to mind. Also that one from the Smuggler story on Tatooine.

Edited by CrutchCricket

I find her look somewhat blank too. However, there are two reasons as to why I like the character.

First: She appears to be a (somewhat) reasonable Sith-Lord. While I think she will not hesitate to burn you to a crisp if you want to harm he Empire, she doesn't appear to be one of those "I will drown this world in flames and blood!" type of Sith. Even Lachris had that. Most Sith woman you meet in this game appear to be maniacs.

I mean, lets take a closer look at Jaesa? If you think the Emperor is radical, play through her Dark Side story.

Second: She can shut up. She can talk, but she doesn't talk too much. Looking at the other alternatives my Marauder and Sorcerer have to deal with every day, she seems to be downright perfect. (Yes, I'm looking at the Jedi-Padawan and the slave!).

Well, for many empire side players, it's probably the first time they've met a female sith that doesn't want to rip your heart out and eat it infront of you.

Also, it's probably the first girl they've seen in-game that doesn't look like a goth convention reject :D

This is actually a good explanation. I was wondering as well, what is so special in Lana Beniko, because I think she looks a bit weird. Like one of the "dogs" that Carl Barks drew for his Donald Duck stories. You know, with those weird noses, hats and stuff. ;)

Indeed. She is what a Light-side Sith should be. Not subverting the Empire for Light-side points, but simply not being absolutely mindlessly maniacal about serving its interests.

I mean, lets take a closer look at Jaesa? If you think the Emperor is radical, play through her Dark Side story.

Ah, my "insane piece of Alderaanian trash". :p

At least according to a certain other companion.

But yep, she's definitely a "true Sith", while Lana probably leans much closer to Marr (and even Malgus a bit) with the philosophy that all this infighting will destroy the Empire.

Indeed. She is what a Light-side Sith should be. Not subverting the Empire for Light-side points, but simply not being absolutely mindlessly maniacal about serving its interests.

Dead center. She's characterized as a "Light Sith" in a way that doesn't serve as shorthand for "Wannabe Jedi who just needs to defect already, but BioWare won't let her."

Seriously, they won't even let Sith Warrior players go allegedly "darker than a Dark Jedi" without espousing sympathy for the actual Light Side of the Force. I see in Lana a lot of what I try to see in my Sith characters, and it's neat to finally have that point of view reflected in the script.

As others have said, its her personality and point of view that make her interesting, not her looks.

Some of us actually enjoy the "Empire first" attitude she has. I find it especially nice as a compliment to my Operative.

As others have said, its her personality and point of view that make her interesting, not her looks.

Some of us actually enjoy the "Empire first" attitude she has. I find it especially nice as a compliment to my Operative.

This fits in with what I see as appealing about her, that and her Morrigan eyes. It is rare to see a Sith that actually has the Empire's best interests in mind when they do what they do. Marr is one, I'd count Malgus, but really, he's more in it for himself:

Else, why would he proclaim himself the new Emperor. If it's really the Empire first, wouldn't he look for a new way to "govern"?

All this talk about light side sith, and according to some ppl a light side sith is what a true sith is... Please please don't make me throw up ugh.. Any way my only concern with Lana is her hair is too bright, and as for jaesa I love her as a sith companion compared to that Jedi filth ashara, damn I can't stand her every time she talks I just want to execute her in the most painful way possible.. And I would take great......great .....great pleasure in her torment :):D:p:p:D:cool::p Edited by Lt-Snake

All this talk about light side sith, and according to some ppl a light side sith is what a true sith is... Please please don't make me throw up ugh.. Any way my only concern with Lana is her hair is too bright, and as for jaesa I love her as a sith companion compared to that Jedi filth ashara, damn I can't stand her every time she talks I just want to execute her in the most painful way possible.. And I would take great......great .....great pleasure in her torment :):D:p:p:D:cool::p

No one is making that assertion. It's just that "true Sith" who simply go around slicing everything and choking everyone are extremely boring and predictable, even if written well. Those kinds of characters are one note with virtually no narrative potential.

All this talk about light side sith, and according to some ppl a light side sith is what a true sith is... Please please don't make me throw up ugh.. Any way my only concern with Lana is her hair is too bright, and as for jaesa I love her as a sith companion compared to that Jedi filth ashara, damn I can't stand her every time she talks I just want to execute her in the most painful way possible.. And I would take great......great .....great pleasure in her torment :):D:p:p:D:cool::p

I don't think Lana is what a Sith should be, she's far too rational and focused, its just nice to have one that puts the Empire before her own selfish agenda.

I actually think Marr and Lana have more in common with Palpatine than an Old Republic Sith. You could never imagine 99% of the Sith SWTOR having the self-control and vision required to create what Palpatine did.