The Most Lifeless Universe....

BadSwings

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the fanboi's can see no wrong with the universe as long as the force and a lightsaber is in thier hands.

No matter if the universe is in a room and all you have to interact with is your reflection in a mirror.

So true. The amount of fanboys on these forums, refusing to see anything wrong with the game, amazes me. And they keep going over the top praising everything, unwilling to accept that the game they actually play probably didnt really live up to everyones huge expectations.

This game makes me miss Star Wars Galaxies a lot.

The voice acting, awesome, story, awesome, action, fairly awesome,

But I dont feel like Im part of any real living world. I feel like its a linear singleplayer rpg, with the occasional guest or two for a mission.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this game a lot, but I really don't feel part of anything. I feel like Im just walking a line. The game will be fun for awhile, but once I complete my story I think any joy I got from it will be gone.

Sure I loved good quests in other mmos, but what I loved more was exploring the world with my buddies, just to find some sort of terrible beast we cant possible kill, and try killing it anyway :) Or hanging out in the general "hang out spot" and dueling people. Finding that perfect place in the middle of nowhere-bumblef**k to place your house.

Idk, those were the things that were important to me. Not constant questing.

This game makes me miss Star Wars Galaxies a lot.

The voice acting, awesome, story, awesome, action, fairly awesome,

But I dont feel like Im part of any real living world. I feel like its a linear singleplayer rpg, with the occasional guest or two for a mission.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying this game a lot, but I really don't feel part of anything. I feel like Im just walking a line. The game will be fun for awhile, but once I complete my story I think any joy I got from it will be gone.

Sure I loved good quests in other mmos, but what I loved more was exploring the world with my buddies, just to find some sort of terrible beast we cant possible kill, and try killing it anyway :) Or hanging out in the general "hang out spot" and dueling people. Finding that perfect place in the middle of nowhere-bumblef**k to place your house.

Idk, those were the things that were important to me. Not constant questing.

This, so much. That game was so buggy and full of exploits but for these reasons will always be #1 in my heart

you obviously didn't get very far in the game. Only the first planet is linear and the second somewhat so (but not much). Past that, planets are immense, fully explorable, and exploration is encouraged by hidden quests, datacrons and lore unlocks.

Basically, you're so far off the mark that it's not even funny.

Lifeless? please... That's not even realistic.

The game takes a lot of step forwards in the MMORPG genre, for sure not backwards.

Obviously you haven't played that far in, because Tatooine isn't even near fully explorable. If you go anywhere away from the designated playing zone, you die from exhaustion.

you obviously didn't get very far in the game. Only the first planet is linear and the second somewhat so (but not much). Past that, planets are immense, fully explorable, and exploration is encouraged by hidden quests, datacrons and lore unlocks.

Basically, you're so far off the mark that it's not even funny.

Lifeless? please... That's not even realistic.

The game takes a lot of step forwards in the MMORPG genre, for sure not backwards.

Actually he is dead on the mark.

In a game where i can stop and listen to npcs having a conversation i am sorry they are not out in the middle of a war zone ignoring the mobs 5 feet in front of them. A great example Ord Mantall where in the fort the npc alliance troopers are firing on the enemy. A lifeless game WHAT other game do the npcs mail me to tell me what has happened in their life since i left. If your level 50 already... DID YOU STOP FOR THE STORY? I'm doing Balmora on my Sith right now for no xp because i did all the group quests so unless you did lots of space battles, pvp, and space bared through quests its amazing how fast you made it.

Yep the game is as linear as it gets. The world doesn't feel connected at all.

Doesn't matter that the later planets are more open than the starting ones. They're huge yes but totally devoid of anything. You can have spaces as huge as 2-3 mins of riding on your speeder without encountering a single npc or mob or player. At times you have to check if you disconnected or not and the server isnt' refreshing. It's sad really.

Plenty of space stations/cities etc have huge areas which some aren't populated at all. It really feels like kotor3 instead of an actual MMO.

But hey, most of the people from the defense force already bashed your post as expected. They can't accept the fact that it will most likely go f2p considering it doesn't feel like an MMO at all so why would people keep subbing?

The actual story line, you do it once, congrats, done, unsub. Endgame doesn't look promising at all right now either.

Oh and another thing, they won't even create server forums. How can you not have that and expect a server to form a community of any kind?

Edited by Skeelol

In a game where i can stop and listen to npcs having a conversation i am sorry they are not out in the middle of a war zone ignoring the mobs 5 feet in front of them. A great example Ord Mantall where in the fort the npc alliance troopers are firing on the enemy. A lifeless game WHAT other game do the npcs mail me to tell me what has happened in their life since i left. If your level 50 already... DID YOU STOP FOR THE STORY? I'm doing Balmora on my Sith right now for no xp because i did all the group quests so unless you did lots of space battles, pvp, and space bared through quests its amazing how fast you made it.

WoW mails you about quests after the fact - So I guess Bioware didn't do it first?

No one said Bioware was lacking on Story - they airn't....They are just lacking on everything else...

If you have a great story and have a mediocre game to go with it, then I might as well get the paperback version instead...

The OP is right on, and I feel really bad for all the people who are saying "Good leave" because that's exactly what they said in games like Warhammer, LOTRO, Aion, Age of Conan, and Rift - All of which are no where near where they should and COULD be in Subs...

Edited by Trevalon

This is like playing KoToR and quitting within 10minutes because you don't have your lightsaber yet. The game starts off at a slow simmer and only gets better and better, imo.

You can go back for datacrons, harvesting, collecting codex entries.. In other games, when you finish questing in a zone/area, is there some magical reason to go back to it that this game lacks? Not following your logic here.

This is what I'm seeing a lot of... I see a lot of well SWTOR lacks this this and this...

But they don't look back and see or say that no other MMO has it either.

BUUUHHHH?!!?!

IMHO this has the best crafting system I've seen in an MMO. Useful items in the first tier, with the ability to reverse engineer to get blue and purple schematics. Diverse crafting ingredients and the decrease in down-time because you can send your companions to gather materials for you. Increase your crafting/gathering speed when your companions fondness of you increases past a certain point.

AH does it's job pretty well from what I've seen - guildmates have had no complaints when buying items off it, and neither have I.

You didn't see SWGs crafting system. And diverse? It's just 5 grades of material. I'm glad they implemented the cross profession ingredient gathering, but this is far from the best crafting system.

And sure, people who have used anything like an AH will have no trouble using this one. But some people don't play MMOs much. It's also a pain to level your crafting by going to the AH because you don't know which profession has your resource. A search by name bar would be nice, one that doesn't need the "REQUIRED" drop-down boxes.

You can make that claim in regards to Guild Wars 2 due to the extensive play time you've had with the game, right? Please, enlighten us with your infinite Guild Wars 2 wisdom and hours, upon hours of gameplay experience. Oh wait. :rolleyes:

I'll bite... enlighten us with yours

This, so much. That game was so buggy and full of exploits but for these reasons will always be #1 in my heart

The bugs and exploits were what made it. I mean seriously, who doesn't know this one?

You can not mount while riding a mount.

WoW mails you about quests after the fact - So I guess Bioware didn't do it first?

No one said Bioware was lacking on Story - they airn't....They are just lacking on everything else...

If you have a great story and have a mediocre game to go with it, then I might as well get the paperback version instead...

The OP is right on, and I feel really bad for all the people who are saying "Good leave" because that's exactly what they said in games like Warhammer, LOTRO, Aion, Age of Conan, and Rift - All of which are no where near where they should and COULD be in Subs...

Jedi Knight>>>> Pandas

That's the problem. The game tells you everything. Tells you what has happened during cutscenes. Tells you what has happened through the mail. You never see it for yourself. NPCs have so little involvement in the actual game world other than standing around doing idle animations.

Every planet has a bonus series. Some you have to return to the planets later to do. It's not the game's or the developers' faults that you rushed through the content and skipped all the side quests and bonus missions.

The Old Republic has way more life than any other MMORPG for the simple fact that the NPC are fully voiced and the conversations are interactive.

who cares if they skipped every single quest up to 50... this is a mmo. not a single player game... mmo's are suppose to be designed to last forever... the real content should be at max level........

sooooooooooo who freaking cares if they skipped .... biowares fault for designing a game based around leveling...

Say maybe 2 worlds your can level on at the same time (know this may come in the future) that way you get bored on one planet you can go to another.

Over all though I love it.

That would be very cool indeed! I've made 2 characters now and in each character, I hit a point at which I can't wait to get off my current planet. The only downside is I have to stay because the next planet is too difficult.

who cares if they skipped every single quest up to 50... this is a mmo. not a single player game... mmo's are suppose to be designed to last forever... the real content should be at max level........

sooooooooooo who freaking cares if they skipped .... biowares fault for designing a game based around leveling...

Oh you mean there not going to add new content? You mean its REALLY just 5 days after launch? I mean MY GOD it's over guys....its been 5 days and no new content already....... /unsub

Oh you mean there not going to add new content? You mean its REALLY just 5 days after launch? I mean MY GOD it's over guys....its been 5 days and no new content already....... /unsub

uh.. yea people will quit if there is no new content.. doesn't matter if the game just came out or not.. if there is nothing to do.. why pay 15$ a month

You're right, I assumed "StarWars" would be a universel mmo sadly it's not, i'll play till the 30days are up maybe come back when it goes F2P something to do till GW2.

Or do us a favor and leave now. This has many years before it goes free to play, but by then you will be telling your hopelessly boring wife and kids about how you used to play these nerd games.

Or do us a favor and leave now. This has many years before it goes free to play, but by then you will be telling your hopelessly boring wife and kids about how you used to play these nerd games.

It's really funny to see you think that way. It will go f2p and quite fast actually. Years ahead, rofl.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.