The Most Lifeless Universe....

BadSwings

And don't give me any "I'm level 50 so of course I played....." ********, i'd wager you used the PvP exploit to hit 50 cause i've been all but no-lifeing it since Early Access and i'm only level 32..

I don't play much, and I'm 31... You are definitely not "no-lifeing" it.

Edited by GemG

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are multiple planets you can level on at the same time. Currently, I can level on Hoth or Quesh.

They are different level ranges, so your argument is invalid. Also, quesh lasts for what, 1½ hour and then the quests are exhausted?

To the fanboys. We get it, its linear, and if he rushed the quests, he probably visited every single questhub there is. And holocrons/datacubicles? Yeah awesome, novelty... You simply cannot defend an mmo by stating that the singleplayer part is awesome...

Edited by Snuller

What are some ideas, that given the current game, BW could do to improve the feeling of Life in the earlier zones?

LOL ideas?!? LOL...

sorry, but I really want to see how this evolves IF someone picks up the gauntlet

trolls rarely have anything constructive to say..

Cities are dull empty shells.

Entire worlds unable to be explored.

A Universe so linear it's like traveling down a blackhole.

This game like many others has taken several steps back in the mmo genre. Create expansive concepts and shut out the actual delivery. If one can overlook the fact that this is a suped up scroll-screen type game you'll still feel cheated because of the crappy server instance system that's in place that keeps players seperated.

***, if WoW or EvE can have x amount of players in an open world/universe enviorment why cant swtor? Im not tech savy but it's like stepping back into time with whatever there using to run the game and I dont mean the GuildWars 1 type graphics...that can be another issue.

All in all it's just my opinion, story's engaging light saber and force power real cool but thats just half the game...if that much can be acreditted to it.

I purchased Star Wars...In the game the "Wars" are possible but the "Stars" are locked out to us.

Sad.

Try getting to Tattoine or Hoth. The planets are so huge that even with a speeder is obnoxious getting to places

The Old Republic has way more life than any other MMORPG for the simple fact that the NPC are fully voiced and the conversations are interactive.

I like the game, but you can't be serious. You can't even click on most npcs standing around that don't offer a quest. Animated furniture.

I like the game, but you can't be serious. You can't even click on most npcs standing around that don't offer a quest. Animated furniture.

I really don't understand how TOR is more lifeless than say ..WoW

Between the NPC VO chatter, explosions, blasters, droids, NPC and mobs doing EXACTLY what they do in WoW, I really think people are playing different games or something

What did you want? deers being attacked by wolves in Corruscant??

You have to remember, this is the beginning. BW already stated that they were going to add more quests, areas, and planets. As a fan of SW since I saw A New Hope at 7 (yeah the first release,, not the remake), I'm very pleased with the storyline concept and the amount of things to do.

The graphics are ok, I was hoping more realistic, but w/e. The animations are great, and I like the dice role combat style.

As for the environment, I find it very static. While it may not be important to most people, weather, and wildlife are important to immersion.

The lore and storyline are right inline with the expanded universe, so I like that fact.

I do hope that future addons include sandbox style planets. But overall, this was all not unexpected. Since BW first announced this game they told us exactly what they were going to do. So coming into the forums and complaining about combat, lack of macros, linear stories, etc is moot. BW delivered exactly what the described. They also said they were continuing to add more.

The whole game is linear.

<- Already lv50 SI Sorc Healer.

There is absolutely no reason to go back to any of the planets.

* Hopefully they expand them and add RvR into the game.

yep, its a game on rails., occasionally you get it visit a siding, but there is no real option as to where you go with the storey driven quests.

I think my issue is I came from RIFT. Zone events of a 3-4 raid groups all at the same time, sure there were problems with graphics and performance, but it never ever felt dead or lifeless.

you obviously didn't get very far in the game. Only the first planet is linear and the second somewhat so (but not much). Past that, planets are immense, fully explorable, and exploration is encouraged by hidden quests, datacrons and lore unlocks.

Basically, you're so far off the mark that it's not even funny.

Lifeless? please... That's not even realistic.

The game takes a lot of step forwards in the MMORPG genre, for sure not backwards.

everything has been linier so far, on the 4th planet for me, and this one is even mroe linier than the rest(Nar Shaddaa). the game steps back away from MMOs, i can't even find a reason to call this an MMORPG anymore, at most it's a CORPG, but really, i haven't even needed a group for anything... it's just an RPG with a chat box.

The graphics are ok, I was hoping more realistic, but w/e. The animations are great, and I like the dice role combat style.

Yes, because light sabers and blasters are so realistic.

The graphics are amazing actually. Nar Shaddaa and Talis were absolutely gorgeous and pretty detailed.

What do you want changed to be more "realistic"?

They are different level ranges, so your argument is invalid. Also, quesh lasts for what, 1½ hour and then the quests are exhausted?

To the fanboys. We get it, its linear, and if he rushed the quests, he probably visited every single questhub there is. And holocrons/datacubicles? Yeah awesome, novelty... You simply cannot defend an mmo by stating that the singleplayer part is awesome...

At 37, quests on both planets are both yellow. I can choose to level on either planet. My argument is perfectly valid.

Tatooine is massive and open....or did I miss something?

I don't really know what people expect from MMO's anymore, if it isn't one side complaining because its too linear aka WoW, its another side complaining its too open aka Eve Online.

There is no way of keeping everyone happy all the time.

Edited by Lonewolf

you obviously didn't get very far in the game. Only the first planet is linear and the second somewhat so (but not much). Past that, planets are immense, fully explorable, and exploration is encouraged by hidden quests, datacrons and lore unlocks.

Euh... what game are you talking about ?

I am 39 and what I do untill now is totally linear : I do my class quest, take any extra quests I see on my way...

The only non linear thing are flashpoints on the fleet and that's it.

Sure, you can check for datacrons and lore, but other then that you do the exact same steps as every single other person on your class.

Also... clearly, our definition of immense is quite differently... and not even close to fully explorable (altough I understand that point from a game-design).

I understand that you want to like this game and it has alot of good things going for it. But it is lacking all the things the OP says.

yep, its a game on rails., occasionally you get it visit a siding, but there is no real option as to where you go with the storey driven quests.

I think my issue is I came from RIFT. Zone events of a 3-4 raid groups all at the same time, sure there were problems with graphics and performance, but it never ever felt dead or lifeless.

If you came from Rift then you know how utterly tiny that game are in comparision.. that was one of my biggest gripes with that game, it was so small you could see across two zones :rolleyes: