Harbinger Down Again? Seriously??!??!?!

Azpoker

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope they will fix whatever the underlying problem is with this server.

In terms of the population of the Harbinger -- that is, how many players are around -- I feel it is quite good and not overly crowded. I wish that the server technology (hardware? software? no idea!) was not in apparent disagreement! :(

Can we get free character transfers off of Harbinger? That's now 2/30 days that my game-time has been interrupted.

You do know some of us work, and have real life priorities with limited time to play, and we can't wait around on the servers all night, right?

You could get 1 free one by using refer a friend, but that probably doesn't do much for you unless you only have 1 character.

This is getting ridiculous BW

Correction, this has BEEN ridiculous. For a long time. It's beginning to transcend hilarious and becoming just sad, like the smelly kid in middle school asking the pretty rich girl to a dance who thinks he really has a shot.

You could get 1 free one by using refer a friend, but that probably doesn't do much for you unless you only have 1 character.

Exactly.. I've already used the refer a friend to transfer TO Harbinger. Lol.. Surprise, surprise that was a mistake, but I did it a while ago..

If I had known the issues I would have stayed on The Ebon Hawk.

Jokes on me, I guess, and I have 9 characters on Harbinger now.

I assume it is a modern server virtualized in a cluster right next to all the other VMs so why one would go down and not the others is extremely odd. The only thing I can think of is database corruption issues. Most likely some remnant of a previous problem never completely cleared up. It's always the database, damn DBAs ;)

I assume it is a modern server virtualized in a cluster right next to all the other VMs so why one would go down and not the others is extremely odd. The only thing I can think of is database corruption issues. Most likely some remnant of a previous problem never completely cleared up. It's always the database, damn DBAs ;)

The servers are not centrally located nor are they centrally hosted.

Exactly.. I've already used the refer a friend to transfer TO Harbinger. Lol.. Surprise, surprise that was a mistake, but I did it a while ago..

If I had known the issues I would have stayed on The Ebon Hawk.

Jokes on me, I guess, and I have 9 characters on Harbinger now.

Considering all the issues with the server lately, maybe this will force them to actually fix the issue instead of putting a band-aid on it.

Here's to hoping :ph_cheers:

It's probably time for either a second West Coast PvE server and/or to trash The Harbinger's hardware and replace it with a new server. I have no idea why this happens, but it seems to me to be either a population issue or it's the hardware... Does each server share the same hardware? If so, then the population I guess is reaching the top end of what the server tech can handle.

Not sure what can be done, but hopefully something to fix this long term is in the works.

Considering all the issues with the server lately, maybe this will force them to actually fix the issue instead of putting a band-aid on it.

Here's to hoping :ph_cheers:

I wish, I really hope so. I'd like to stay on Harbinger, but not being able to play during prime time when you work 40 hours a week, etc, makes me really question transferring.

It happens to servers that have a large population that is relatively spread out. I'm no server tech but I'd venture to guess that it's possible that the pure amount of syncing having to take place due to players from the East coast as well as all the APAC players having widely varying ping times could have a hand in this.

I dunno.

EDIT: Notice that it is almost always crashing between 8pm - 1am Eastern, which is roughly the time that the server is at its most stretched, with APAC just logging in and East Coast not yet finished for the night.

Interesting theory. Harbinger is known as the unofficial APAC server both before and after there were APAC servers.

Hahahahahaha... You've got to be kidding me.

Had a nice afternoon, played a few hours of Kotor, I open SWTOR to check the current prices of a Kotor armor set and... and... really? Hahahahahaha.

Edited by idnewton

I wish, I really hope so. I'd like to stay on Harbinger, but not being able to play during prime time when you work 40 hours a week, etc, makes me really question transferring.

I hear you. Eventually they will have to do something, either fix it completely or offer free transfers to everybody. It's going to happen eventually.

I'm hoping for the former, but who knows? Maybe they'll merge us elsewhere :eek:

Interesting theory. Harbinger is known as the unofficial APAC server both before and after there were APAC servers.

if that was true (which it could be idk) they should not have gotten rid of the asian servers awhile back

if that was true (which it could be idk) they should not have gotten rid of the asian servers awhile back

While I don't know exactly why the APAC servers were removed, it is definitely true that Harbinger is the unofficial server for APAC players.