Harbinger Down Again? Seriously??!??!?!

Azpoker

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't know exactly why the APAC servers were removed, it is definitely true that Harbinger is the unofficial server for APAC players.

What he's saying is that if my theory is correct, there should have been a bit more forethought before closing APAC altogether.

My understanding is that Harbinger has the most players using it, and that may be why it crashes a lot.

It may also be something BioWare has little control over, like a problem with the Internet in California. California-located Internet hosts are the target of quite a lot of DDoS attacks, and even if they are not directed at BW, BW may experience some fallout.

Unfortunately, BioWare never tells us what the problem was when a server crashes, so we don't know.

Could it be that it was this server that was slashed and recreated after the failed effort of creating an Oceanic server. Is it the fact everything was re-integrated poorly? I think it may be time to create a fresh server with accounts you have there now and give us a fighting chance of playing a decent game, without the tiresome glitches we have suffered quietly with since we stated on the server near 3 years ago.:rolleyes:

I read that the servers are in Santa Clara, CA and Ashburn, VA. So harbinger would be in Santa Clara. I would ASSUME the server hardware is fully redundant and dual path to the Internet. If true that would leave the issue to be a software code or database issue. I can't imagine a hardware or Internet disruption issue this often unless their hardware/Internet is single homed and/or bad fiber they are too lazy/cheap to fix properly. Edited by DyreMaker

It's probably time for either a second West Coast PvE server and/or to trash The Harbinger's hardware and replace it with a new server. I have no idea why this happens, but it seems to me to be either a population issue or it's the hardware... Does each server share the same hardware? If so, then the population I guess is reaching the top end of what the server tech can handle.

Not sure what can be done, but hopefully something to fix this long term is in the works.

I am not sure what they do to make The Harbinger what it is. But I suspect there are many servers running and load balanced to make The Harbinger such a high population server with so many instances normally. The other server I am on, Beregan Colony, often says High or Normal when The Harbinger is the same or less, however there are not as many active instances on Beregan Colony for that rating.

Hey folks,

We are looking into the connectivity issues with the Harbinger. I will let you know once I know more.

-eric

Dude, love ya, but seriously, its prime time on Tuesday and there is no server. Considering Harbinger's ongoing issues, this really isn't acceptable.

Hey folks,

We are looking into the connectivity issues with the Harbinger. I will let you know once I know more.

-eric

You all must sure be proud of this product. Congrats on all of these outages is such a short time span. Awesome job guys. Keep up the great work.

Maybe it's time for a new complimentary title - perhaps "Harbinger Survivor So-and-So," "So-and-so the Disconnected," or "Server Surfer So-and-So"? I kind like The Disconnected myself, has a nice ring to it :)

xxxxx the Server Breaker

I am not sure what they do to make The Harbinger what it is. But I suspect there are many servers running and load balanced to make The Harbinger such a high population server with so many instances normally. The other server I am on, Beregan Colony, often says High or Normal when The Harbinger is the same or less, however there are not as many active instances on Beregan Colony for that rating.

That does make sense, hopefully something can be done before too long.

Coming from the person that asked you 2 years in a row about Harbinger's issues at the Seattle Cantina Tour, it doesn't seem like anything is being done. I can understand the issues if its another hack attack, but it would be nice to know. If it is not an attack, is it server population? I noticed that east coast has 2 pve servers while west coast only has one. Could some of the stability issues be alleviated by adding a second pve server on the west coast?

Hey folks,

-eric

Could it be that it was this server that was slashed and recreated after the failed effort of creating an Oceanic server. Is it the fact everything was re-integrated poorly? I think it may be time to create a fresh server with accounts you have there now and give us a fighting chance of playing a decent game, without the tiresome glitches we have suffered quietly with since we stated on the server near 3 years ago.:rolleyes:

The oceanic servers were shutdown and the instances combined with the West coast servers because they were low demand and most likely someone wanted to save some money. You split servers up regionally so the mismatched network latency to the clients doesn't cause database corruption issues. Simply put a gaming client can ninja bits from the database before you can get to them or a collision occurs. Add to that Midwest gaming clients competing against oceanic gaming clients and you got an even worse case.