Eric, with respect, could we get an answer on this, please?

Darth_Wicked

not to sound too sour, but if they abandoned the 8 class story progression with Makeb, and now 2 faction story progression with Revan, then it is sad.

It's a big if.

If it's true, I see me unsubbing pretty early in the new year. But that's ok.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, same story on both sides?

They could atleast modify the dialogue a bit I hope

Of course, it will be more or less the same storyline. It's the cheapest option. From the sounds of things, we are looking at a "Makeb Lite" or "Forged Alliances Redux".

I do wonder if I am the only one who thought that Lana Beniko looked like she was ported in from the Final Fantasy universe (as opposed to the Star Wars universe).

There is strong reason to believe there will actually be class specific content. Not full stories, but...

No source.

Statement. Explain.

(hehe see what I did there? Your avatar is Hk-47 and i responded like he would...get it? No? ok :(

Edited by OrinVlado

Statement. Explain.

(hehe see what I did there? Your avatar is Hk-47 and i responded like he would...get it? No? ok :(

I think HK-47 would say something like this...

Question: Are those your final words, Meatbag? Do you wish to rephrase?

HK-51 on the other hand...

Question: Anything else you wish to inquire, Organic? Before I send you to the Void, as the Maker surely intended?

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I think HK-47 would say something like this...

Question: Are those your final words, Meatbag? Do you wish to rephrase?

HK-51 on the other hand...

Question: Anything else you wish to inquire, Organic? Before I send you to the Void, as the Maker surely intended?

yeah...that does sound more like him lol :rolleyes::D

yeah...that does sound more like him lol :rolleyes::D

Answer: My source is one that can not be stated, but the source of no source should be fairly obvious to even the lowliest of meatbags.

Statement: I have had this forum avatar since the game's launch. I outdate some of the most experienced forum goers on this thread.

Query: Are you sure you are not mistaking for another who uses an HK droid as their avatar?

Insult: It is an easy mistake to be made, but I was under the impression organic minds had a 51.98% success rate in facial identification. It is clearly a Nautolan issue.

THAT is my HK impression. :) Using '51 almost exclusively has it's advantages!

I think the long term issue is not if people are going to pre-order based on this information, but rather if they are not going to bother at all, as the expansion does not excite them, are they even going to buy it at all, ergo, unsubscribing as the game has no more appeal?

An expansion that actively loses subscribers would not be unique in the history of MMOs.

Welcome to the PVPers world.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

• Dev Post

Darth_Wicked, with respect, here is your answer (I am not sure why we are being so formal, but this is good fun).

For the most part, yes, what you will play is one singular storyline which is being told from two different sides, as player-characters of both factions have the same goals in the storyline (as in Forged Alliances). Additionally, each player class will be given one unique Class Story Mission as part of the storyline; these are entirely different from one another.

Thanks!

-eric

Additionally, each player class will be given one unique Class Story Mission as part of the storyline; these are entirely different from one another.

Class story mission, like each class its own ? Am I dreaming ?

Though, it's only one, but i thought it was something of the past, that would not return.

Edited by Altheran

Additionally, each player class will be given one unique Class Story Mission as part of the storyline; these are entirely different from one another.

Thanks!

-eric

Whaaaa. I really hope that Lord Scourge will play a big role in the Jedi Knight mission.

Darth_Wicked, with respect, here is your answer (I am not sure why we are being so formal, but this is good fun).

For the most part, yes, what you will play is one singular storyline which is being told from two different sides, as player-characters of both factions have the same goals in the storyline (as in Forged Alliances). Additionally, each player class will be given one unique Class Story Mission as part of the storyline; these are entirely different from one another.

Thanks!

-eric

ok buying now thank god it will have some uniqueness unlike makeb

Thanks!

-eric

Look Class Stories. Even if it is only 1 mission, still is something.

Thanks!

-eric

So this means that there will be different quest lines for both sides or will they share any portion of the quests.

Same storyline told from different sides I like. Just want to know how similar.

Interesting on the Class Story Mission though. While small I will take it.

Thanks!

-eric

I'm just not clear on what "told from two different sides" means here.

Is each side going to have their own separate quest-givers/dialogue/etc. and just the mechanics and order of each mission will progress the same on both sides? (With the exception of the one class story mission)

Or are all players (Republic and Empire alike) going to, for example, get their first mission from Theron, their second mission from Lana, their third mission from Satele and their fourth mission from Marr, with the same, shared quest hubs and such?

Thanks!

-eric

Eric, very serious question here...

The traitor Republic guy in the Foraged Alliances quests - his armor - I want it. Will I get it? As Legacy gear preferably...?

Thanks!

-eric

Fantastic news. I have no problem with it being a singular story from different side (There is no reason to think they will not be unique in their own way, and as long as the story is well written then I will be happy...) and the Class Mission is a pleasant surprise! Cannot wait for December! :i_angel:

Edited by Cyberwoman

I'm just not clear on what "told from two different sides" means here.

Is each side going to have their own separate quest-givers/dialogue/etc. and just the mechanics and order of each mission will progress the same on both sides? (With the exception of the one class story mission)

Or are all players (Republic and Empire alike) going to, for example, get their first mission from Theron, their second mission from Lana, their third mission from Satele and their fourth mission from Marr, with the same, shared quest hubs and such?

Essentially its like forge alliance story arc.