The Official Unofficial Shadow of Revan 3.0 DIscussion thread

ZionHalcyon

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping the "S" wasn't Shadow honestly, it just seemed to lack creativity.

Still, the name itself doesn't really matter.

What planet they add matters.

Makeb was a new planet, but I'm hoping SoR will introduce an old one like Ziost or maybe a moon like Yavin 4.

Makeb was a new planet, but I'm hoping SoR will introduce an old one like Ziost or maybe a moon like Yavin 4.

We'll see. maybe when they do officially announce it, we'll get more details.

So come on, this was released by BioWare's marketing flub. Can we at least talk about the name now without fear of warnings and thread nukings?!? :D:rak_03:

Well, considering that this tweet was deleted within minutes of being posted, I think it's safe to assume they don't want people to know about it, even if you were able to take a screenshot. ;)

Though you are right, the cat is out of the bag, there is not much damage control they can still do.

By the way, the link from the tweet is still working: http://bit.ly/10kQLPj

However, it just leads to the main page, so nothing secret there.

Edited by Jerba

Well, considering that this tweet was deleted within minutes of being posted, I think it's safe to assume they don't want people to know about it, even if you were able to take a screenshot. ;)

Though you are right, the cat is out of the bag, there is not much damage control they can still do.

By the way, the link from the tweet is still working: http://bit.ly/10kQLPj

However, it just leads to the main page, so nothing secret there.

I guess we will see when the mods come back online tomorrow to see if this thread goes poof

Because guess what?

Bioware let the cat out of the bag themselves with their latest ad tweet!

Yep, in the linked video to their teaser trailer, it CLEARLY says "Shadow of Revan"

Pic proof:

http://i57.tinypic.com/6ekc9z.png

So come on, this was released by BioWare's marketing flub. Can we at least talk about the name now without fear of warnings and thread nukings?!? :D:rak_03:

Actually the name was datamined before bioware "announced" it

They removed that post, so clearly they want to keep it as much a secret as it's still possible. I'd be very surprised if this thread was here in an hour, regardless of what they inadvertantly confirmed.

Actually, the mods tend to take the nights off - there was a post that was left up all night that legit broke the TOS last night, and it didn't get deleted until the morning.

That said, at least what I am "reporting" didn't come from some banned source, but from BioWare themselves, so I am still hoping there is an outside chance they let this thread stand, even if they choose not to officially comment until they get their ducks in a row on announcing the pre-orders and the expansion.

Dantoonie, Yavin 4 and Kashyyyk would be my top picks for new locations. Especially a new Jedi enclave on Dantoonie for max level jedi to go to.

Edited by Andy_Starstrider

We all knew it would be about it, but quite frankly I'm sick of Revan. He was one of the most interesting character at first, now he became overused and pretty bland to my eyes.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I am quite sick of Revan. Honestly? He needs to die. He's from a bygon era, and he is literally "Stealing the spotlight" from both the protagonists and the antogonists of this Era and storyline. Instead of, quite literally, rehashing the same character over and over, let him rest in peace. There are plenty of new and original characters to take the spotlight, both in shared FP's and in faction FP's (seriously, we're at war, let's get more war-based expansions/patches).

Honestly, the "Bigger threat that unites the lands" plotline is a tired and old one and for once i'd like to see the actual war carried on to larger consequences and bigger battles rather than a series of cease fires for "Today's galactic threat is:".

Edited by Zyrious

We all knew it would be about it, but quite frankly I'm sick of Revan. He was one of the most interesting character at first, now he became overused and pretty bland to my eyes.

interesting. I feel like there's definitely an anti Revan group out there. I feel as long as they can get his character right this time that the payoff would be worth it.

Dantoonie, Yavin 4 and Kashyyyk would be my top picks for new locations. Especially a new Jedi enclave on Dantoonie for max level jedi to go to.

Oh my yes. I really don't expect to get Kashyyk, but that would be my top pick. Based on what everyone was saying about how the teaser had signs of Yavin 4 I think that's what we'll get.

ohhh great another small moon planet like CZ-198 and oricon:rolleyes: , give us something the size of voss, alderaan, belsavis, taris, balmora etc...planet will real depth and big open space to travel around on using ur speeder and getting distracted by hiddened caves filled with secrets.. while questing and singing to your self in awe of the big open space:p:p:D:D

interesting. I feel like there's definitely an anti Revan group out there. I feel as long as they can get his character right this time that the payoff would be worth it.

If writing is good I guess it's fine. Still would seem very "rehash" to me but why not. If writing is bad, then it will be even more of a pain. An fresh, brand new topic can make bad writing look less bad than it actually is, but if they used big phoned trope on revan... I would be like the dude in this pic : http://i.imgur.com/bRqpcEw.png

Like "Wow. Revan again. Amazing." The sarcastic way.

If writing is good I guess it's fine. Still would seem very "rehash" to me but why not. If writing is bad, then it will be even more of a pain. An fresh, brand new topic can make bad writing look less bad than it actually is, but if they used big phoned trope on revan... I would be like the dude in this pic : http://i.imgur.com/bRqpcEw.png

Like "Wow. Revan again. Amazing." The sarcastic way.

keep in mind, there was a significant amount of people who partially left due to the poor treatment of Revan in the story us far, with regards to the original flashpoint.. They felt revan deserved a larger stage, and to be a bigger part of the game.

This expansion has the potential, if done right, to bring some of these people back into the fold. In essence, if done right, it could act as a relaunch of the game in order to bring back former subscribers.

keep in mind, there was a significant amount of people who partially left due to the poor treatment of Revan in the story us far, with regards to the original flashpoint.. They felt revan deserved a larger stage, and to be a bigger part of the game.

I know, I know. I perfectly understand why some people would love more stuff on Revan and that's fine. That's they right. That's why I was saying "he became pretty bland to my eyes". To the eyes of someone else, it might be the second coming of JC, or something.

It's just that I'd rather have something regarding the war Emp/Rep, and/or something with geopolitical tension like Makeb and the Hutt Cartel (but more developed) that set the stone for some bigger scheme and future conflict than the old "Let's unite against this foe... again..." trope that might turn out just a fad that disappear as soon as its done.

Hopefully, it's well written and Bioware have already covered that and taken care of these points. As you said, there's potential, but quite frankly I've been burned a bit too much by Bioware to trust them blindly on this one.

Edited by Jaedelyia

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I am quite sick of Revan. Honestly? He needs to die. He's from a bygon era, and he is literally "Stealing the spotlight" from both the protagonists and the antogonists of this Era and storyline. Instead of, quite literally, rehashing the same character over and over, let him rest in peace. There are plenty of new and original characters to take the spotlight, both in shared FP's and in faction FP's (seriously, we're at war, let's get more war-based expansions/patches).

Honestly, the "Bigger threat that unites the lands" plotline is a tired and old one and for once i'd like to see the actual war carried on to larger consequences and bigger battles rather than a series of cease fires for "Today's galactic threat is:".

Technically we are not at war. We are at peace due to the Treaty of Coruscant. There is a cold war going on and a few skirmishes, but there is no open war.

I have to agree with this. At this point, it kind of feels he's just being thrown in to the story line for "Hey! Look it's Revan! Shiney!"

I mean, as long as the story is good, all is well, but I think I would've much prefered a story following the main players in this era, like Marr and the progression of war. But, as I said, as long as the story is good. Which, thus far, BW has yet to disappoint on that side of things.

I just hope it's the last of Revan. Character's have an experation date, and they're definatley pushing his.