Eric please get with the PvP team

Rhyn

Eric,

I think is about time the PvP dev team stop hiding and hold some type of stream or discussion about the state of PvP. We have gone way to long without major concerns being addressed and being total ignored. This is bordering on incompetent.

The biggest concerns I have seen on the forums and in WZ are the CC’s but I would not limit it to that alone. How about not hiding but confronting the people who pay and play this game and explain what your case for the most pressing issues in PvP. Basically do your job.

No, we have no plans©.

Guys do u really think they fix something? Group - nobody wants to play, cause matchmaking system - ur group have 900 rating(for exmaple) u will always play vs 2k+ team, if nobody que u will wipe, wipe, wipe and stop play. On our sever we have at least 8-10 diff teams in start of pre-season(it will be more if not that matchmaking sistem), but matchmaking sistem and wipes do their job - in que 2-3 teams(max), most of the times nobody.

Solo - u need to play 2 specs - madness, cause this spec rape everything and anything or smash(vengeance) jugger, cause its good counter to dot derp(h2f). Sync que, trolls, PvE conquerors, skank healers(tanks)...no thx.

Edited by helpmewin

Eric,

I think is about time the PvP dev team stop hiding and hold some type of stream or discussion about the state of PvP. We have gone way to long without major concerns being addressed and being total ignored. This is bordering on incompetent.

The biggest concerns I have seen on the forums and in WZ are the CC’s but I would not limit it to that alone. How about not hiding but confronting the people who pay and play this game and explain what your case for the most pressing issues in PvP. Basically do your job.

Please refer yourself to this thread and stop thinking there is any future for PVP.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=730402

No, we have no plans©.

Guys do u really think they fix something? Group - nobody wants to play, cause matchmaking system - ur group have 900 rating(for exmaple) u will always play vs 2k+ team, if nobody que u will wipe, wipe, wipe and stop play. On our sever we have at least 8-10 diff teams in start of pre-season(it will be more if not that matchmaking sistem), but matchmaking sistem and wipes do their job - in que 2-3 teams(max), most of the times nobody.

Solo - u need to play 2 specs - madness, cause this spec rape everything and anything or smash(vengeance) jugger, cause its good counter to dot derp(h2f). Sync que, trolls, PvE conquerors, skank healers(tanks)...no thx.

I would like to point out to you that Smash (Rage) and Vengeance are 2 completely different specs.

And especially if you play on TOFN rep side.. it is a recipe for aids. It is usually high rating teams that end up with pops vs reps.. Stacked high rating, like all 4 over 1800 or something like that. I really would like to see their formulas and algorithms for matchmaking.

Bee Dubya had plenty of time to fix issues before people started dropping off, (the first 12 months) and they didnt and people slowly started dropping out, when a patch was released they might come back and test the waters and it was still too cold.

There were a lot of good PVPers in this game in the beginning and Bee Dubya filtered em out like it was genocide.

It's sad because this game could have been so much more successful if they had JUST DONE IT RIGHT IN THE BEGINNING! MMO's are not a new concept, you should learn and improve upon those before you, but whatever....it's a moot point.

the only reason i play is to kill an hour or 2 before i go to work or if i have nothing planned on my weekend. this game is just a filler for me anymore and it's becoming less as time goes on. The neglect to PVP feels abusive and it's a real let down. 99.9% of my friends have stopped playing this game and I'll soon follow, Bee Dubya doesnt deserve my $$ anymore.

You have to know absolutely nothing about PvP to know the design team executes poorly. Case in point:

- It takes 2 years to get daily/weekly terminals added to warzones/arenas

- They add the mission pick up, but not the turn in

- Add the turn in after people complain

- THERE IS STILL ONLY A TURN IN TERMINAL ON ONE SIDE OF AHG

I know, because I wanted to turn in during the warzone and I can see the quest icon show up on the other side of the map, but not on my side. Let me just hop into the enemy spawn point and turn in my quest...

If you can't get the simple stuff right, how are you going to do anything difficult right?

The thing i really would like to know about is are they happy with the resolve system, the short cooldowns on all the stuns, and the friggin overlapping stuns. I have seen and heard more complaints about stuns than anything else and has been ongoing for way to long with no answers, explination or anything that resembles giving to @#$%.

The thing i really would like to know about is are they happy with the resolve system, the short cooldowns on all the stuns, and the friggin overlapping stuns. I have seen and heard more complaints about stuns than anything else and has been ongoing for way to long with no answers, explination or anything that resembles giving to @#$%.

They did willfully and knowingly implement this, it was called 1.4.

And TTK has been in freefall since 2.0 as Bioware buffs DPS spec after DPS spec (never nerf, except for smash and orbital) as people complain their spec isn't wanted for NiM ops.

Eric,

We are very sorry to tell you that Eric is too busy pretending to be Wolverine while working on a new Bioware IP called Shadowrealms - https://www.shadowrealms.com/blog/courtney-vs-musco-extravaganza-part-i

Its not as if SWTOR need any more attention from its devs, the game is completely fine and healthy and everything is "Working As Intended". They have now moved along to destroy another whole different IP! Awesome.

- It takes 2 years to get daily/weekly terminals added to warzones/arenas

- They add the mission pick up, but not the turn in

- Add the turn in after people complain

- THERE IS STILL ONLY A TURN IN TERMINAL ON ONE SIDE OF AHG

I'm sure the lack of quest terminals is why PvP is suffering so much, I'm sure everything will be fixed if they just add those terminals.

I'm sure the lack of quest terminals is why PvP is suffering so much, I'm sure everything will be fixed if they just add those terminals.

I think that was just meant to be an example of their neglect. If they can't pay enough attention to correct the small issues, how could they possibly solve the big issues.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.