Crime Lord packs back again? Already? Screwing the Economy

pubstarrandi

They reintroduced the Crime Lord packs again, andI'm sick of the way they keep screwing with the economy. For many of us, we make our money by buying items, waiting until the packs go away, and then reselling. The last time I did this, when they reintroduced the new packs again without warning, it killed the value on my stuff. But at least I knew they were coming out eventually.

But now they released it again, without warning. There goes my Crime Lord items value.

I'm just sick of them keep releasing the same old packs instead of finally letting them die. It introduces no new items, floods the market with old crap for the third time period, drops the value on everything that was bought and saved, and really just stinks of an easy money grab(New content? Naaah, we'll just keep re-re-releasing the same old garbage and keep Revan's gear at a ridiculous drop rate so they'll be "forced" to buy it). If people haven't gotten the items from the Crime Lord packs yet, that's their choice. They've been out three times since their introduction.

Looking at the future looks glim if they're already doing this with the Crime Lord packs. 6 months from now, all it's going to be is "get the old Bounty Collector pack! Or, a Contraband pack! or maybe, a new old Starfighter. Next up, Star Clutter pack again!"

I hyperbolize, but only to make a point: the constant reintroducing of packs is getting frustrated and makes the economy side of the game less enjoyable(which is one of my favorite parts). With all the other negatives of this game, this is just another depressing addition.

Anyone else agree?

They reintroduced the Crime Lord packs again, andI'm sick of the way they keep screwing with the economy. For many of us, we make our money by buying items, waiting until the packs go away, and then reselling.

Oh, you mean you speculate on a commodity that might become rare and then when it turns out it doesn't become as rare as you'd hope, you have a hissy-fit?

Seriously, if you want to make money that way, then you have to stop trying to blame bioware for bringing back packs sooner than you thought.

You speculated and you over-shot.

Too bad for you.

You get about as much sympathy from me as someone who plays the stockmarket and loses does.

(that is, none)

Oh and it's funny that you are accusing them of "easy money grab" when that's what you're trying to do in the first place.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

I think it is great that they bring back those packs. If they didn't the prices for some items would be astronomically and while this may be great for you and other sellers, it is bad for everyone who hasn't got one of those items and want it now. And if all items are bound one day they would be gone forever. No thanks.

Besides, you can buy the packs and sell them unopened or you can buy the items cheaper now and sell them for more later. Same as with every other pack. Nothing new and many people are doing it. And the old packs are not coming back so often that in the meantime the prices wouldn't rise again. Maybe not as high as you like but you can still make a good profit this way.

I totally agree.

I think they should have packs one time and then remove them forever. But obviously Bioware aren't going to make money by doing that.

I would like to have unique items that nobody can ever obtain again, and that's mainly directed to new players joining the game. There's just something about walking around in a piece of gear with people looking at you and asking where you got that piece...I like the little things like that in game. There's nothing wrong with standing out or being unique in a video game, and showing your achievements.

But alas these new players will call me "special snowflake" and whine saying "it's my right to have these discontinued items because i'm paying for the game"....and clearly they've never played an MMO before.

Edited by EvenHardNiner

Oh and it's funny that you are accusing them of "easy money grab" when that's what you're trying to do in the first place.

....accusing?

It literally IS a money grab...by bringing back well sought after items...

And for him it wouldn't be an easy money grab...he may have waited months for the prices to go up on an item before he considered selling it...it's called planning ahead

I totally agree.

I think they should have packs one time and then remove them forever. But obviously Bioware aren't going to make money by doing that.

I would like to have unique items that nobody can ever obtain again, and that's mainly directed to new players joining the game. There's just something about walking around in a piece of gear with people looking at you and asking where you got that piece...I like the little things like that in game. There's nothing wrong with standing out or being unique in a video game, and showing your achievements.

But alas these new players will call me "special snowflake" and whine saying "it's my right to have these discontinued items because i'm paying for the game"....and clearly they've never played an MMO before.

You do have meat to that bone. We could use more difficult to obtain items in game. However, the cartel market is not to enforce that standard. It is to provide secondary income due to our sub/F2p hybrid (as far as I know). There are already rare items in The cc department like Nihilus mask or Revan gear. These are rare items, and shipment one packs are where you get Them. For a developer, that = $. Sorry to get knocked out of a profit, but it's like the stock market. We don't know what it'll do tomorrow, but you can buy it, wait and see, and hope things go well. But I do wish for rare, but maybe not Completely exclusive items. The discontinued armors and sabers are exclusive for veterans, so there you go. And yes, the rereleased cc ones do have minor missing details as well as different names/ icon colors to establish them as different. :rak_03:

I like how the packs come back. I stopped playing for ages and missed most of the Cartel packs, I also have friends who are only beginning to play now. This is a chance for us to get the same items you guys did but without grinding for millions of ingame creds because of the "exclusivity" of the packs.

I would prefer if they never removed the packs but I see that by removing them and bringing them back once every couple of months they can keep a steady rate on how much the items are worth.

I agree with the sentiment that rare old packs should be more rare and more desirable. If they came back once a year for a week maximum, I'd only welcome it, but they were on the market only this summer, weren't they? And with all those grand crystal/grand everything packs, the market is flooded with not-so-rare-anymore items.

On one hand, I do think that it is a good idea to bring back "retired" packs every once in awhile, when it gets to the point that the rare items in them are astronomically expensive and/or nonexistent on the GTN, and even the common items are getting kind of pricey. Y'know, when that popular rare chest piece is going for 5 mil instead of 1 mil, and the bracers that were all over the GTN for 1K are now 20K.

However, I also think that these retired items should not be brought back frequently or in abundance, and that the items in them should never reach anywhere near the low prices and high volumes of the original release. So while that chest piece isn't going to go back down to 1 mil, the price will dip for awhile, and those bracers will be cheaper but aren't going to turn into "GTN junk" again.

So while I like that the packs come back, I think that Bioware is a bit too liberal with the releases. Especially considering that even lore armor is apparently on the table for recolors.

I like how the packs come back. I stopped playing for ages and missed most of the Cartel packs, I also have friends who are only beginning to play now. This is a chance for us to get the same items you guys did but without grinding for millions of ingame creds because of the "exclusivity" of the packs.

I would prefer if they never removed the packs but I see that by removing them and bringing them back once every couple of months they can keep a steady rate on how much the items are worth.

I totally agree. if they will make the pack gone forever, it will be unfair to new players. Also, i started playing the game and bought this hypercrate to get revan's clothes. now it's a second chance and i did got rare things, including the mask of Nihilus (spelled corecct?). If it troubles youre's selling methode, then try doing FPs, OPs and such. it's better for items and if you do it several times - also for credits.

I strongly believe that they DIT IT FOIR EXACTLY THAT PURPOSE:

To screw the economy and hinder people from amassing too much money.

or you know, release older content for the new players who may not have had a chance to purchase the older items.

And yes, if they see items getting TOO expensive to the point of absurdity, they can release new packs and try to meet the demand.

or you know, release older content for the new players who may not have had a chance to purchase the older items.

And yes, if they see items getting TOO expensive to the point of absurdity, they can release new packs and try to meet the demand.

This is what I think.

Plus, Strongholds is MEANT to be somethging you work for in a long time - and NOT to be purchased during 1 week by those who have already screwed the economy by amassing lots of Credits !

Bioware had stated several times that Strongholds was meant to be expensive - and now they are doing what is necessary to ensure that.

drops the value on everything that was bought and saved, and really just stinks of an easy money grab(New content?

This complain stinks of an easy credit grab.

Naaah, we'll just keep re-re-releasing the same old garbage and keep Revan's gear at a ridiculous drop rate so they'll be "forced" to buy it).

Because you tell me it's better to be "forced" to buy the mask from you for a ridiculous price? Somehow I prefer Bioware :rolleyes:

I totally agree.

So how about you getting some real achievements that you can really boast of. I agree that's cool to have an expensive rare item that you can buy for $, but the true value lies in the items that come from your in-game achievements or from being a longterm subscriber.

Eg. Wings of the Architect, Dread Enhanced Rancor, the rewards from PVP Seasons,

Hell, even Jawa Party makes me more jealous than someone with Revan's mask.

Oh, you mean you speculate on a commodity that might become rare and then when it turns out it doesn't become as rare as you'd hope, you have a hissy-fit?

Seriously, if you want to make money that way, then you have to stop trying to blame bioware for bringing back packs sooner than you thought.

You speculated and you over-shot.

Too bad for you.

You get about as much sympathy from me as someone who plays the stockmarket and loses does.

(that is, none)

/signed