Amateur pvp cheats, hackers and lag switchers have ruined pvp

Icykill_

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand there are many times they game just lags and causes things to become unfair through no fault of either side, but knowing that and knowing people I do also believe there are a few that have found a way to work this to their advantage.

Im from PoT5 and I play a lot, pretty much pvp only. I have characters that have never even gotten their ship due to the fact that I have lvl's solely on pvp. I consider myself above average, there are a few out there much better but Id say I am in the top 10% easily.

Although I can offer no hard proof, I find it funny that I only see these questionable at certain times, very late at night and on the weekends. Even when facing these same characters during regular times I destroy them but come later at night they become a whole different player. things range from damage bursts faster than what global cool down could allow, inability to target or leap on (when on a leaping class) using skills repeatedly that doesnt not fit with the cool down timers. I have 1 of every class (thx 12x exp) and although I do not pvp or play all them regular I am fimiliar with each set of skills.

So for all those defending that there is no exploiting going on be it 3rd party programs or maniuplating server to client issues, please explain how this happens with only certain players and at certain times? I seen a ton of it the weeks before 3.0 and then it seemed it slack off but here again I am starting to see it again always from a certain few and only during off hours. rarely seen during prime time play and never outside certain ones.

I know again this isnt proof but there is a certain operative (Str*gg) that a friend and I have timed repeatedly uisng our stuns at various interivals and this guy is pretty much unstunnable 90% of the time. He only becomes stunnable once his team has a nice cushion lead.

Nice necro.

Also I am glad to see someone with the balls to say that they are an expert at all the classes due to utilizing 12x experience.

be nice if you learn to read before responding... I never said I was an expert, I stated I was fimilar with every class. I have played since launchas well so I have spent ample time all classes to find if I enjoy playing them. I have pvp'd extensively on the Sorc, Merc , and Jugg. I have pvpd quite a bit on the shadow and operative as well but am by no means great at those.

thx also for finding the time to make such a wasted comment about nercoíng a thread... some of us do not live on the forums so I rarely come here. I came after a friend sent me a link to this, next time I will seek your approvial first since you are the forum police. (10days since last reply is hardly a necro...)

I came to offer my input and support for the OPs points as I also wish dev's would take morre interest in this.

Cheaters will always say there is no such thing.

Yes... and trolls will too...

I haven't posted about this for awhile... It's not that it stopped happening... It's actually gotten worse and more blatant

I just got tried of repeating myself when those deniers decide to troll, wether they are cheats themselves or just trolls

Anyway, long story short... I am now friends with a lot of the good pvp guilds and play with them regularly... They acknowledge there is a growing problem... They are actively weeding out cheats from their guilds so they don't get a bad name... Some of those cheats have formed their own "cheat" guilds... Obviously they have a kill on sight warrant on them... And we nearly always leave matches if they pop into our teams... They are the worst players and always get smashed by better players

Edited: so as too not get someone in trouble

I have also joined a guild that Is "sending" proof to bio as to who they are and what they are doing and how they are cheating...

Edited by Icykill_

IF you're one of these mindless tools (that probably lemming mid on a losing coast/alderaan because they think thats where they can get the best damagessssss) that think hacking on SWTOR doesn;t exist, you better not google SWTOR hacks.

You WON'T see speed hacks.

You WON'T find many references to things BW "fixed".

You WON'T find anything about bolster abuse or expertise.

You WON'T have to think for yourself instead of dismissing what others have seen out of hand just because YOU didn't see it.

There is nothing more frustrating than trying to do your dailies and getting lag DC'd every 2-3 WZs... amazingly those with the same guild playing... almost every time.

Don't be close minded fools. If you haven't seen it, move along and shut your mouth. No one that has seen it cares what you think.

We could join you in your opinion on this matter but then we would BOTH be wrong.

Given how horrible the SWTOR client and servers are, and how badly they handle lag and ability delay, you being able to spot crappy coding and server infrastructure vs cheating is quite an accomplishment.

Yes it is definitely harder since 3.0 came out... That lag is horrendous... And so many people calling speed hacks when they don't realise that there are more utilities that classes now have for speeding up the group

The main ones that are the easiest to see now seem to be "teleporting"... ie Sages teleporting from the node to near mid... People teleporting through the mid LVL in quesh Hutt ball... I know lag "can" sometimes explain what looks like a teleport... But not through a platform or up to another LVL without a pull and not enough time has passed for them to cover that distance even with speed run and group speed utilities

Yes... and trolls will too...

I haven't posted about this for awhile... It's not that it stopped happening... It's actually gotten worse and more blatant

I just got tried of repeating myself when those deniers decide to troll, wether they are cheats themselves or just trolls

Anyway, long story short... I am now friends with a lot of the good pvp guilds and play with them regularly... They acknowledge there is a growing problem... They are actively weeding out cheats from their guilds so they don't get a bad name... Some of those cheats have formed their own "cheat" guilds... Obviously they have a kill on sight warrant on them... And we nearly always leave matches if they pop into our teams... They are the worst players and always get smashed by better players

I have also joined a guild that has a "bio" admin in it... Proof is being fed to bio as to who they are and what they are doing and how they are cheating...

So, here's how we know you're full of ****. BW employees on live servers cannot tell you they are employees of BW, just like none of the community staff on the forums are not allowed to give their actual toon names.

So, here's how we know you're full of ****. BW employees on live servers cannot tell you they are employees of BW, just like none of the community staff on the forums are not allowed to give their actual toon names.

imo this icykill guy is delusional just ignore him, clearly a troll thread 10/10 for solid effort tho fooled a lot of people here

Edited by BloodDevistaor

Sure "they" aren't allowed to tell you in game... But on voice chat is a different story... Anyway believe what you want I really don't care

Edited by Icykill_

imo this icykill guy is delusional just ignore him, clearly a troll thread 10/10 for solid effort tho fooled a lot of people here

Are you still here... I set you free already... Why do you keep returning to me... Go back to the troll homelands

Sure "they" aren't allowed to tell you in game... But on voice chat is a different story... Anyway believe what you want I really don't care

They are not allowed to tell you period. They can literally get fired if they even hint at it. Pretty much a 99% chance your "bioware guildmaster" is full of **** and trolling. The 1% is he could just be that dumb enough to risk losing his job but highly unlikely.

Still haven't seen a single hack since I came back a few months ago. Pretty sure its all in your head due to you being terrible and all.

You were gone . . . ?

To claim hax now during xpac pvp silly season, when a newly lvl 30 faces a fully expertise, augd and brutalized lvl 55 is, calling it mildly, jumping the gun!!

But to, blatantly, claim that hax and such don't exist in the game is either, just not incredibly naive but borderline stupid or someone benefiting from spreading that notion . . .

I don't know if its a bug or a hack, but today, I started a battlegame. After the minute of preparation, we went in and before we could reach the points to tag, the battle game was over and the other team had won. I didn't believe my eyes, and neither did my partners. Nobody had the time to fight, nobody had the time to heal.

Am I the only one on this forum to have witnessed such a strange event ?

I hear a lot of " why would people do this pre-season" or "why in regs" etc... as if that somehow means anything. The answer is simply, the best time to test and define these things is when noone is looking. To say anything else is whitewash, deflection, or ignorance.

That having been said we need to define what is, and is not, a "hack" per se.

This game does not have many real hacks, the ones one ive ever seen is the speed hack and i think i saw someone use a teleport hack a couple times, but that could have been explainable.

What is in use on a far more common basis is lag switching, self induced lag designed to trick us into thinking they are one place, when they are not. I see this one regularly, in both regs and ranked. Its very obvious, noticeable, and one of the oldest tricks in the online gaming world. To think TOR is somehow immune to it when its been done in every other competitive game there has ever been, is just... silly

You were gone . . . ?

To claim hax now during xpac pvp silly season, when a newly lvl 30 faces a fully expertise, augd and brutalized lvl 55 is, calling it mildly, jumping the gun!!

But to, blatantly, claim that hax and such don't exist in the game is either, just not incredibly naive but borderline stupid or someone benefiting from spreading that notion . . .

Nowhere in that post did I say they don't exist.