gender and alignment best suited for each class story

jstankaroslo

Funny, it seems that JK despite all its failings has the strongest protagonist imprinted on the story and folks do not mind. :) I actually miss in the JK story what the Warrior gets with Baras. If I could mock Satele Shan... aww.... i dunno, I am thinking that my next solo after I finish Trooper, Warrior and IA will be a JK, and I am quibbling between Zabrack and Sith. I would like to go neutral. I wish they had Nautolan, because that would be my preferred race for the class, 100% as of now, i don't like any in particular.

Oh, my DS female Twi'lek JK makes a beautiful killing combo with Kira, double dps FTW. The class must be so flat if played LS, with body type 3 male. But if you model your toon as an independent, saber wielding chick with a no-nonsense attitude, you get a great ride.;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sith Inquisitor

Male and female both have rather weak voice acting. Visually both suit.

Sorcerer seems to suit the storyline a little better, but both work.

DS is the obvious choice, but again is cliche. LS makes for a more interesting story, but only slightly.

Story 5/10. Probably the weakest in the game, it's mostly preposterous and some of the companions don't really fit in.

OMG, the female SIN has the best voice acting in the game, by light years! The male one, on the other hand, is absolutely atrocious. How could you even put them in one sentence??!!:mad:

Wow, I don't know how you managed, but you've got them all wrong!:rolleyes:

There's no right, there's no wrong, it's all subjective opinion. Everyone has different tastes, so don't just say "you're wrong", write your own list, give your own opinion.

I still think F!SI is bleh :| Just did another mission with my gf's SI and... love the character but the voice sounds... average and is meh acting wise. male SI on the other hand... one of the most pleasant voice i've ever heard and dat snark. (everything still better than the male bounty hunter though.... [shudders])

I am in the camp that can't stand the F!Inquisitor (to me she sounds like she has a chewing gum in her mouth), but I don't mind the M!Inq, though he seems too channel to much of a snark for my LS one. I also have trouble believing that it's a former slave talking, but the writing is not there either, so whatever. I also don't like IA voicing, and Elara, so in all likelihood, I am just not a fan of the Imperial accent. :)

As for JK, my Sentinel is a young LS Human female, as fitting into the story as they come. I tried to get Oriental look for her, than Kiffar look, but neither is available, so I ended up with a heavily scarred, somewhat exotic look... oh, well, JK did not speak to me. I am still undecided for my Guardian. My husband's is so ingrained in my memory after many months and 55 levels... I even looked at char creation options under the influence of this discussion. F!Zabrack (Imperial) and M!PB SIth are what appeal most to me, but neither is as IT as Nautolan... :)

Edited by DomiSotto

OMG, the female SIN has the best voice acting in the game, by light years! The male one, on the other hand, is absolutely atrocious. How could you even put them in one sentence??!!:mad:

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you there, I find the male inquisitors voice to be my absolute favourite and most others I've spoken to agree that it's one of the best. His voice is so wickedly delightful, I could listen to it all day. The females voice is sort of meh. To each their own I suppose.

The worst though has got to the male Jedi Knight *cringe*.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you there, I find the male inquisitors voice to be my absolute favourite and most others I've spoken to agree that it's one of the best. His voice is so wickedly delightful, I could listen to it all day. The females voice is sort of meh. To each their own I suppose.

The worst though has got to the male Jedi Knight *cringe*.

But but but Snake! .....Of course he's... not doing the nice growling for the JK. (Which I suppose I should be glad about because the growly solid snake voice wouldn't fit my angsty ball of angst trying to be light side JK at all, but. still. it's nice whenever he *does* growl.)

But yay, finally someone who agrees on the Inquisitor voices -- my male SI is my main and I'm playing him right now and it's yes good, give me all the snark lines please he does such a great job with them. (Most of the lines too, tbh, other than the stock lines. but i think those sound awful on all the classes -- and sometimes are awful writing wise. either jedi class wants to call someone a jerk? "YOU ARE A SICKENING BLIGHT ON THE GALAXY" suuuuuure.)

I still think F!SI is bleh :| Just did another mission with my gf's SI and... love the character but the voice sounds... average and is meh acting wise. male SI on the other hand... one of the most pleasant voice i've ever heard and dat snark. (everything still better than the male bounty hunter though.... [shudders])

And since the male BH's love interest is Mako, the BH's voice makes him sound way older than her, making the romance just a bit creepy. Like I was grooming her or something. *shudders*

And since the male BH's love interest is Mako, the BH's voice makes him sound way older than her, making the romance just a bit creepy. Like I was grooming her or something. *shudders*

omg yes <.<

and from what i've heard mako is really young too? like 18 or something? i don't want to romance someone that young and i certainly don't want to romance someone that young when my character sounds like *that*, that... nope. hence why my BH ended up my only female character <.< (not that i'm gonna romance torian either, but at least fem!BH has a voice i can listen to.)

omg yes <.<

and from what i've heard mako is really young too? like 18 or something? i don't want to romance someone that young and i certainly don't want to romance someone that young when my character sounds like *that*, that... nope. hence why my BH ended up my only female character <.< (not that i'm gonna romance torian either, but at least fem!BH has a voice i can listen to.)

For rizzle, when I was 28 (32 now), I was dating an 18 year old college girl.

One day I saw a Ren and Stimpy Marathon coming on TV, she said: "what's Ren and Stimpy". The beginning of the End.

Stick to your age bracket is my new motto :cool:

:sy_empire::sy_republic::sy_republic:

omg yes <.<

F!BH sounds about 20-30, and Torian about 18-25, so that's not nearly as bad of an age gap in my opinion.

Now, on topic...

:sy_republic:

-Knight

Gender: Have one of each, not overly wild for one or the other.

Romance: Doc or Kira? Doc's like Corso in annoying about women, but he does have an appealing sense of humor otherwise. Kira ... Sounds younger than my male JK, and like Male BH and Mako, just no. Sorry.

Alignment: Mine don't take Alderaan very well, and even if they pick LS choices in the end, they aren't nearly as forgiving about betrayal and harming those they protect. I guess I just took Alderaan pretty hard.

Specie: Any, really. I have a human, Mirilian, and for kicks rolled a PB, though that one went away fast. No screaming reactions to a PB in the Jedi Order, made me sad.

Consular

Romance: Glad for Holly, haven't gone past Quesh on one, so I withhold opinions for now.

Alignment: Started out LS on one, still going LS, but struggles knowing how CH 1 almost ended. The other... Honor and duty before alignment, playing off a line to an NPC, "The Order managed to train me." "I heard stories of your youth." and struggling with the Jedi Code, and really enjoys earning Jaggernath Points with Qyzen.

Specie: Have a Cyborg, she's fun to look at, and a Miraluka. Miraluka is the one with more DS points.

Smuggler

Gender: Male. F!Smug has great snark lines, but Corso was cute for the first two planets. Then I wanted to punt him. So Male.

Romance: Haven't met Akaavi yet, but Risha seriously tries to put cramps in how I roll on my more played smuggler. No to Corso. Seriously. I'll happily stick him and Risha in the airlock to work out whatever they have.

Specie: Cathar is fun, and he plays on the scary carman look while having a good time.

Alignment: pretty neutral. Not for the Republic, but he doesn't like the Empire either (Again, Cathar)

Trooper

Romance: I felt more at ease not romancing either main option, and had my male go for Jaxo. And then go drinking heavily. He married one of my SWs as a result. Trying to get one of my F!Troops to go for Jorgan, but I'm his CO...

Alignment: For the Republic, anything to hit the Empire hard.

Specie: F! Cathar; Zabrak is also pretty good.

:sy_empire:

Warrior

Romance: One of my F!SW went for Quinn. Then not so fun times. Another didn't bother with her Imperials, after CH2 got drunk... Married male trooper. Can't bring myself to see past the flat characterizing of DS Jaesa to romance her, so my M!SW has Vette.

Specie: PB, Cyborg, Human, Zabrak

Inquisitor

Gender: Female, for the snark. And for the "freed slave" past. What kind of slave, I wonder?

Romance: I like pirates.

Alignment: Either way is fun. I like electrocuting my problems. Or being the manipulator.

Specie: PB (not stated how long ago Kallig lived, so could have been pre-hyperspace wars), Twi'lek, Zabrak, Human, Ratataki

Bounty Hunter

Romance: Torian

Alignment: For the hunt and honoring fellow hunters, honoring the prey as it fights to live. Or doing the job as ordered, no deviations. Both are fun.

Specie: Have a Cathar, and a human, and Ratataki sounds like it could be fun. Or cyborg.

Agent

Romance: Vector(f), Temple(m)

Alignment: One is for the Empire, right or wrong. The other is out to have a job, fun, and maybe have a powerbase.

Specie: Chiss, even if they stick out like a sore thumb. Humans, because they are everywhere. Cyborg, because those implants could be augmented to improve snipering. Ratataki, because who would believe a Ratataki would work for Imptelligence?

Now, advance classes? Guardian, Juggernaut, Sage, Sorc, Vanguard, Power tech, Commando, Merc, Operative, Scoundrel.

There's no right, there's no wrong, it's all subjective opinion. Everyone has different tastes, so don't just say "you're wrong", write your own list, give your own opinion.

He actually gave his opinion -all different than mine -this is some kind of clue :)

And his reason for JK on this seems valid and tempting, so it is ok

If you want creepy, try romancing Nadia Grell! My consular had this "older", "wiser" look and she is a teenager and his pupil! ugh

Good thing he is dark side:cool:

I love male BH voice though...

F!BH sounds about 20-30, and Torian about 18-25, so that's not nearly as bad of an age gap in my opinion.

My F!BH is designed to be in her mid 40'ies, because I didn't feel like creating a teen character for a BH (just doesn't make sense to me), and I specifically bought a Cathar race, since if I am playing a Cougar, I wanted to go all the way. Nowhere near picking Torian though. With BH, I dunno, I am glad that there is an option to let Mako transfer her affection to Torian. Then again, low voice just means the guy left puberty solidly behind, and can be only 5-10 or so years older, which is a common age gap.

I pictured her more around 19 but still... With my consular that was really creepy.

It fit his character

I can't exactly get to it right now but in the Encyclopedia, I'm fairly sure she's over 20 at the very least. Every single romanceable companion is I think.

Edited by Darth_Wicked