In Flight Entertainment

nyghtrunner

So I know when I'm flying, I'm pretty much always listening to music. Sometimes I feel like it helps me concentrate, sometimes I end up flying along in time to the music, and sometimes it's just background noise, but it's always there.

And as I really love listening to all kinds of music, I'm always on the lookout for new stuff to blow my eardrums out with.

Usually, when I'm flying, I listen to stuff like this:

But have been known to fire up lots of different stuff for my background noise, and I was actually watching a vid the other day where the guy was flying to

! Talk about fitting! :D

So I'm just curious... Do any other pilots out there like to listen to music when you fly? And if so, what kind of music?

Interesting question. I usually don't have anything actually playing aloud because typically I'm listening to see if my kids wake up, so the music I "listen" to is largely in my head. Of late, it's been a heavy rotation of songs from the movie Frozen, interspersed with "Everything is Awesome" from the Lego movie. Because that's all that ever plays in my house these days.

Periodically, when I think about conquest, the White Stripes' "Conquest" will pop into my head.

So I guess my GSF mix tape goes something like this (and I think I can safely assume this list is unique to me):

Let It Go - Frozen soundtrack

Everything is Awesome - Tegan & Sara/Lonely Island

Conquest - White Stripes

...repeat ad nauseum, until insanity begins to creep in. This, incidentally, is around when I tend to pull out the double-torp T2 GS.

Ever wonder why I like blowing stuff up? Now you know.

Edited by MaximilianPower

Interesting question. I usually don't have anything actually playing aloud because typically I'm listening to see if my kids wake up, so the music I "listen" to is largely in my head. Of late, it's been a heavy rotation of songs from the movie Frozen, interspersed with "Everything is Awesome" from the Lego movie. Because that's all that ever plays in my house these days.

I feel your pain man *Sob* I got a 3 year old girl and an 8 year old boy and both of them watch frozen / lego movie all the time...... That and other cartoons that I don't have the strength to list. You tend to lose your mind a bit but it translates well to GSF.

On a side note, most of the time I don't listen to any music during play, especially for tough matches. Tried to do it yesterday and managed to kill myself 6-7 times ramming into stuff :o: Had a great time though. :D

Everything is Awesome

Ugh I hate that song it was playing in my head for days last time I heard it.

I don't usually listen any music when I play gsf, but when I do it can be pretty much anything from any genre since I usually keep my playlists on suffle. Still here is some songs that I tend to choose to play more often than others while flying:

Sabaton - Aces in exile

Iron maiden - Aces high

Guns n roses -Night train

Thanks for all the feedback/new music all! And I guess for the stories about the kids who make you want to go disintegrate things? :D

Figured I'd throw a few more out there:

This one I'll toss on when I see someone on the opposing team who I feel I owe a little sumsum:

Tool - The Grudge

This one for when I get home after a night out, fire the game up in a drunken haze, and decide it's a good idea to go flying...

And then there's this for when I'm out there in a lopsided match (in our favor) and decide it's time to go fly around running obstacle courses for a while...

• 4 weeks later...

I've been listening to Godsmack's new album, 1000hp a lot while flying lately. I'm not sure how many horsepower a starfighter has, but I bet it's at least 1000!

Also, Fire at Zero Gravity by Forty Below Summer. Good album.

Yeah... I still buy CDs... and I still think of music in terms of albums. I listen to music from my stereo, not my computer. Am I old... or just old school?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.