What Would SWG2 Do To SWTOR?

Josewales

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star Wars is Star Wars let's have both and all enjoy what ever side were on... But seeing as I didn't play SWG a lot. Sequel would definitly interest me!

You could essentially have both, this based on KOTOR, the other off the movies. The time frame is quite drastic in a lot of ways they could even push the envelope further make it 2500 years after BoY :p

Edited by CKNORTH

sorry no that distinction belongs too and probably forever will belong to Realtime worlds with the collossal stinker that is APB: All Points Bulletin that was shutdown after just a little over 60 days.... then relaunched 9 months later as a Pay 2 Win Free 2 Play Game APB:Reloaded

You win the cookie!

depends on what SWG you are talking about.... NGE was garbage and THAT was what failed as a whole, the pre combat upgrade and pre NGE was actually good and successful. Now if we got a good mix of the two preNGE with updated graphics updated combat and work out a good way to do PVP i think it would be an amazing game, especially if they throw in some of the elements they are putting into EQNext

also i wouldn't say TOR is doing MUCH better.

Wasn't nge only done to save the sinking ship? That's a rhetorical question btw

I doubt a sandbox game would work these days unless it was small and niche. that said I sincerly doubt it'll ever be made and the OP is delluding himself if he thinks otherwise. SOE has mentioned they'd like to do something like it, but they where speaking mechanicly, and disney is quite content with it's current arrangement of letting EA handle the "big stuff" while they produce "Casual online games" this doesn't mean MMOs, it means facebook games and iPhone aps. Disney's letting EA handle the "big games" for the next 10 years, and honestly? I'd not be suprised if that was extended too.

As for sony getting any lisences? I doubt it. they'd, at the very elast, have to give up spiderman first

depends on what SWG you are talking about.... NGE was garbage and THAT was what failed as a whole, the pre combat upgrade and pre NGE was actually good and successful. Now if we got a good mix of the two preNGE with updated graphics updated combat and work out a good way to do PVP i think it would be an amazing game, especially if they throw in some of the elements they are putting into EQNext

And yet, you are here posting which means you think enough of the game to pay the subscription. If this game is soooo bad, why are you paying $15/month to play it?

recently they announced 1 million players are on this game, just before housing came out. And housing of course drew a few more people back in, as well as one or two people preparing for 3.0 so yeah, lets pretend this game is not doing that well right now.

Better than Wildstar anyway

Edited by Sangrar

And yet, you are here posting which means you think enough of the game to pay the subscription. If this game is soooo bad, why are you paying $15/month to play it?

nope my subscription ends next month.

i was here for launch and canceled in the first month, came back when they announced F2P, saw what a joke that was and left again. they got me back with the announcement of GSF but it was just a cheap knock off of Star Conflict and right before i was going to unsub again they announced strongholds.... probably the biggest let down yet by bioware B^( if you all like a game that limits you in every aspect of the game then more power to you but i like to have more freedom in an MMO, i like to explore and build things along with questing.

nope my subscription ends next month.

i was here for launch and canceled in the first month, came back when they announced F2P, saw what a joke that was and left again. they got me back with the announcement of GSF but it was just a cheap knock off of Star Conflict and right before i was going to unsub again they announced strongholds.... probably the biggest let down yet by bioware B^( if you all like a game that limits you in every aspect of the game then more power to you but i like to have more freedom in an MMO, i like to explore and build things along with questing.

I have to laugh a bit. You kept coming back to a game with a baseline design that will never change. Not sure where the problem lies, but its certainly not with the game in this case.

if you all like a game that limits you in every aspect of the game then more power to you but i like to have more freedom in an MMO, i like to explore and build things along with questing.

Which is all fine and dandy. There is nothing wrong with that. Still plenty of games out there that offer that - you just happened to buy the wrong one with SWTOR - and only you are to blame for that. There was no mystery or big secret around the fact that SWTOR would be neither SWG 2.0 nor Sandbox. Sandbox is not any better nor worse than Themepark, and vice versa. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Both appeal to certain types of playstyles and players. Neither one is better than the other.

I have to laugh a bit. You kept coming back to a game with a baseline design that will never change. Not sure where the problem lies, but its certainly not with the game in this case.

o no its with this game! i love Star Wars, that is the main reason i come back and try it out when ever they do some major changes... in hopes they make it better but they never do. you would think they would finally give its players some form of freedom in game but nope i know now that will never happen.

Which is all fine and dandy. There is nothing wrong with that. Still plenty of games out there that offer that - you just happened to buy the wrong one with SWTOR - and only you are to blame for that. There was no mystery or big secret around the fact that SWTOR would be neither SWG 2.0 nor Sandbox. Sandbox is not any better nor worse than Themepark, and vice versa. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Both appeal to certain types of playstyles and players. Neither one is better than the other.

where did i ever say i thought this game would be SWG2??? or a sandbox game???? a game dose not need to be sandbox in order to give their players some freedoms like roaming around a planet! or being able to actually craft something instead of sending off your pet to go do it in the background, or being able to place things in your home where ever you want!!! just look at wow! its a theme park game yet you can roam around all over the place, when you craft you actually craft! you have a LOT more freedom in that game than you do in this one.

o no its with this game! i love Star Wars, that is the main reason i come back and try it out when ever they do some major changes... in hopes they make it better but they never do. you would think they would finally give its players some form of freedom in game but nope i know now that will never happen.

The problem is with the consumer: you. This is not a sandbox game. It is not SWG 2.

What you are doing is buying a truck, for example, just because it has Star Wars painted on the side. Then you complain to all your friends that its not a car. You like cars, but you bought a truck for the paint job.

That's not very... smart.

The problem is with the consumer: you. This is not a sandbox game. It is not SWG 2.

What you are doing is buying a truck, for example, just because it has Star Wars painted on the side. Then you complain to all your friends that its not a car. You like cars, but you bought a truck for the paint job.

That's not very... smart.

read my post above please!!! thank you!! ;)

Why would Disney make two Star Wars MMOs in direct competition with each other? :rolleyes:

maybe the same reason bioware started working on TOR when there was already a Star Wars MMO in direct competition :eek: