douche bag pvp on the harbinger

KudoForge

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know op... the two class you talked of til then, sin/shadow and guardian/jugg, have means to be immune to stun for a duration. So until you describe a situation, with class, stance of the class (if there is one), your class and spec (with tree linked).... Well until you do that, you're one of the other thousand of troll who doesn,t now anything about TOR PvP.... Have a good day.

I find that most of the time, when someone claims hacks, it's simply due to a lack of knowledge concerning individual class mechanics or game mechanics. I've played every AC at least to level 30, on both factions, so I know the specs and what they are capable of very well.

I've been here since early access and PvP'd all the way. In all that time I've only ever seen one hacker, and he was using speed hacks. It showed up recorded on the forums the next morning, and I haven't seem the guy since.

So, people from one of the most complained about servers for cheating are blindly defending itself? Maybe if we didn't accuse the OP of L2P'ing you wouldn't get trashed. Here's my points.

1 - hacking, exploiting, cheating exsists. Deniers are either blind, imcompetent, or guilty

2 - resolve is a joke. I continue to get stunned all the time with a filled/degenerating resolve bar

3 - multiple cc breaking is WAY more common than you think. (if it was assassin/ops in combat stealth ability then they would ave disappeared, sorc bubble is another legit double cc breaker)

4- "FRAPs it" is a cop out.

Moron? because I state what is obvious what i have experienced, jeez all you people are a great help

it seems that you are in need of the help. if you believe you have all the answers why come to the forums and make a post. then when answered you dismiss the responses that seem to try and help you understand what is happening. on ecan understand the frustration of losing. we have all been there. but after learning what other advanced classes can do to some degree i learned what to do and what not to do. believe me when this game launched it was so frustrating. it still is. but one thing about the people in this game most that have the knowledge in pvp will give answers to questions you have. but they will troll you if you are being abusive or condescending. but that is in real life too

So, people from one of the most complained about servers for cheating are blindly defending itself?

Harbinger is also one of the largest population servers so that particular correlation is irrelevant.

1 - hacking, exploiting, cheating exsists. Deniers are either blind, imcompetent, or guilty

I have never seen anything other than speed hacks and those are rare. When people accuse others of cheating the burden is on them to prove their allegations.

2 - resolve is a joke. I continue to get stunned all the time with a filled/degenerating resolve bar

3 - multiple cc breaking is WAY more common than you think. (if it was assassin/ops in combat stealth ability then they would ave disappeared, sorc bubble is another legit double cc breaker)

Asking for evidence isn't a cop-out, it is an opportunity for the accuser to prove his allegations. Accusing someone of cheating is a serious charge. Especially when after the facts are laid out, it becomes obvious more times than not that the person just doesn't understand the mechanics very well. I've played every AC to 55, the classes all have some interesting quirks to them. Things that if you don't know any better looking like hacks.

Coming to the forums accusing people of hacking is useless without evidence. Report it in game, where the server logs will help. But if you come here, you need to be like TMZ and have the video.

correct me if im wrong but cant some stuns be cleansed? also sages/sorcs technically do have two cc breakers (the normal one and the god mode bubble). and stun abusing? lol good joke. the only thing broken there is resolve because it punishes the stunned, not the stunner. Edited by thatPERSON

i have been accused of hacking several times, its usually when they cant kill me.

people dont pay attention.

they dont see a healer or someone else doing a dot to break anothers cc, etc.

there are several reasons why things happen. are there hacks yes. i have seen several, nontargetable, teleport, speed, no damage. but usually its only 1 person or so..and rarely does it effect the games like it use to.

however there are several exploits that people use and those should be fixed. each time i see an exploit, i usually just report the exploit but not the player. i give them the benefit of the doubt the first time.

its not hacks that f up pvp, its elitists and people that dont even try to bolster their pve gear right.

correct me if im wrong but cant some stuns be cleansed? also sages/sorcs technically do have two cc breakers (the normal one and the god mode bubble). and stun abusing? lol good joke. the only thing broken there is resolve because it punishes the stunned, not the stunner.

Pretty sure all root's, snares and mezzes are cleanable....So it is possible the Opponent of the op was cleansed from a distance.

Also since roots and snares are technically a CC... The properly speced Sorc/Sage has 3 CC breaks....

Fadeout/Egress(root, snare), Unbreakable Will/Force of Will(all) and Force Barrier(all)

"Oh and reported" in a high pitched feminine voice, like this clown did something manly or something to be proud of...rat bastard. What you call the cops too??? ya panzie grow a pair and pvp solo without your hacks and butt buddys and see how long you last against me FOOL!

Welp someone plays solo hero too much in regs, luckily I play EU :rolleyes:

Harbinger is also one of the largest population servers so that particular correlation is irrelevant.

I have never seen anything other than speed hacks and those are rare. When people accuse others of cheating the burden is on them to prove their allegations.

Asking for evidence isn't a cop-out, it is an opportunity for the accuser to prove his allegations. Accusing someone of cheating is a serious charge. Especially when after the facts are laid out, it becomes obvious more times than not that the person just doesn't understand the mechanics very well. I've played every AC to 55, the classes all have some interesting quirks to them. Things that if you don't know any better looking like hacks.

Coming to the forums accusing people of hacking is useless without evidence. Report it in game, where the server logs will help. But if you come here, you need to be like TMZ and have the video.

No one is accusing anyone directly. I agree that 90% of complaints are lag and/or lack of passive ability knowledge. When I see a Marauder zip from a pylon to the bunker in 2 secs, its not predation+charge. When I see a Guardian sans healer self heal from 5% to 100% instantly (wz medpac is 35%, focused defense is ticked on each damage but can be pretty high depending on their HP max, if for some reason he has the focus talent where resolve grants 10% health) thats BS too. When I jolt a Commando, he breaks it, I immediatly Whirlwind, he breaks (his resolve should have maxed out but it didn't), an sin jolts, he breaks, an operative debilitates, he breaks.............BS. THAT WAS TODAY!

If a guardian/Jugg is getting focused and pops his WZ med pack and Focused Defense/Enraged Defense and Endure/Endure Pain... It can look like they went from 5% to full in an instant.

It's most likely just that and legit, but you can counter it by...Just not attacking them for those 10 sec.

Endure/Endure Pain isn't permanent and just stop attacking them during FD/ED and they won't gain life.

Sorry, but its most likely you being inexperienced with all the aspects and possibilities within Ranked PvP. The factional imbalance may be present, but I highly highly doubt anyone legitly hacks on Harbz in PvP

Ive encountered a legit hack in PvP just recently on the Harb.

I was on my Deception Sin and i was 1v1 against a Focus Guard, he used Saber Reflect and I tried to Low Slash him, he wasnt white-barred and had no other effects that could have blocked CC, Saber Reflect cant reflect Melee damage and in the Torparse logs it said it was Reflected and the stun didnt even affect him either! and since there's no Report Hacking button i just had to eat the ********...

i have been accused of hacking several times, its usually when they cant kill me.

people dont pay attention.

they dont see a healer or someone else doing a dot to break anothers cc, etc.

there are several reasons why things happen. are there hacks yes. i have seen several, nontargetable, teleport, speed, no damage. but usually its only 1 person or so..and rarely does it effect the games like it use to.

however there are several exploits that people use and those should be fixed. each time i see an exploit, i usually just report the exploit but not the player. i give them the benefit of the doubt the first time.

its not hacks that f up pvp, its elitists and people that dont even try to bolster their pve gear right.

Some of the 'hacks' you described aren't hacks; they are most likely engine quirks or it might be your computer failing to completely load someone in, and as such you can't target them (the latter is something players with bad computers, like me, know of).

Other than that though, you are mostly correct.

If a guardian/Jugg is getting focused and pops his WZ med pack and Focused Defense/Enraged Defense and Endure/Endure Pain... It can look like they went from 5% to full in an instant.

It's most likely just that and legit, but you can counter it by...Just not attacking them for those 10 sec.

Endure/Endure Pain isn't permanent and just stop attacking them during FD/ED and they won't gain life.

Enure is a 30% boost to max health not current health. Looks differently on the HUD.

No one is accusing anyone directly. I agree that 90% of complaints are lag and/or lack of passive ability knowledge. When I see a Marauder zip from a pylon to the bunker in 2 secs, its not predation+charge. When I see a Guardian sans healer self heal from 5% to 100% instantly (wz medpac is 35%, focused defense is ticked on each damage but can be pretty high depending on their HP max, if for some reason he has the focus talent where resolve grants 10% health) thats BS too. When I jolt a Commando, he breaks it, I immediatly Whirlwind, he breaks (his resolve should have maxed out but it didn't), an sin jolts, he breaks, an operative debilitates, he breaks.............BS. THAT WAS TODAY!

Fun fact: If the commando was in assault he could've resisted your whirlwind (via diversion), that would explain the lack of resolve, too. Mezzes break on damage, too, so he could've had a dot on him - dot specs are very prominent right now.

So yeah. Learn the mechanics.

Ive encountered a legit hack in PvP just recently on the Harb.

I was on my Deception Sin and i was 1v1 against a Focus Guard, he used Saber Reflect and I tried to Low Slash him, he wasnt white-barred and had no other effects that could have blocked CC, Saber Reflect cant reflect Melee damage and in the Torparse logs it said it was Reflected and the stun didnt even affect him either! and since there's no Report Hacking button i just had to eat the ********...

How do you know he was a Focus? He was prob a Vigi... In which case it makes perfect sense. More so than hacking anyways.

Fun fact: If the commando was in assault he could've resisted your whirlwind (via diversion), that would explain the lack of resolve, too. Mezzes break on damage, too, so he could've had a dot on him - dot specs are very prominent right now.

So yeah. Learn the mechanics.

READ what I said HE "BROKE" 4 cc's in just a few seconds. He did not resist my whirlwind, he was obviously mezzed. No, I had not dotted him. I was the only one on him because we were capping his pylon. I know exactly what happened, I know the spec, I have a Merc. Quit twisting my comment to look like I have lack of knowledge about a class, I assure you I know the mechanics. It was obviously screwy because his resove bar would not fill when he was obviously cc'd.

Enure is a 30% boost to max health not current health. Looks differently on the HUD.

It still looks like your current life has increased on the HUD. The HUD only displayed current health true...but that is what creates the illusion... so 50% of 33k is gonna look diff than 50% of 44k...In other words The HUD graphics bar doesn't get bigger and will still be based on 33k at 100%...It will look like he jumped from 16k to 22k. And with FD proced it will look like he is going up to full faster than it normally would.

Because what will look like full to you is really only about 75% for him. Because his "real" total health is 44k not 33k, at least for 10 sec.

Moron? because I state what is obvious what i have experienced, jeez all you people are a great help

the important issue here is that you are coming in here blaming people without actual facts. Maybe come in here and ask a question about what happened, and maybe get a solution. but coming in here and blaming an entirety of the pub side of hacking, yeah, moronic.

So, people from one of the most complained about servers for cheating are blindly defending itself? Maybe if we didn't accuse the OP of L2P'ing you wouldn't get trashed. Here's my points.

i might be wrong here but cc is a debuff that is cleansable. Thus another way multiple cc's can be taken care of.