Best class to try out for the first time in ranked?

EpickFaill

Hey all,i'd like to know which is the best class to play in ranked for the first time?I wanted to try to go with the sniper,but........ there is a lot of ppl on the sniper forums and pvp ones that say that sniper is really hard to play in rankeds,is it true?if yes what class do you recommend me to play for rankeds first time?

So should i go to arena in first time as a sniper marksman?

I'm guessing you are talking about solo ranked.

It doesn't matter what you roll really as long as you queue sync to make sure you have competent players on your team. There's a video of a group of 4 mercs dominating ranked 4s because they play well together.

If you want to risk randomly queueing you are rolling the dice really. It all depends on whether the other team is queue syncing, who gets the skank healer and who gets "that guy" on their team.

People like to pretend there is skill involved in solo ranked and to some small extent it is true, but it is really just a lottery.

TL;DR

Roll what you like, don't worry about the "rating", pick up your comms and move on. If you want a real challenge, find a group, practice and do group ranked. If all you care about is the rewards, just trade wins.

Edited by sithBracer

There is no "best class". I wish people would stop asking this question..

You should not be queuing ranked unless you are geared. By the time you get that gear, you should be atleast somewhat decent enough at your current class.

Try the classes, watch videos and see which one you like most. Play that class and learn it. Eventually you'll get good with it. Then and only then should you consider playing ranked.

There's no copy and paste build on a class you don't know and expect to get good results.

A good player in a "bad" spec will do far better than a bad player in a "good" spec.

• 1 year later...
There is no "best class". I wish people would stop asking this question..

You should not be queuing ranked unless you are geared. By the time you get that gear, you should be atleast somewhat decent enough at your current class.

Try the classes, watch videos and see which one you like most. Play that class and learn it. Eventually you'll get good with it. Then and only then should you consider playing ranked.

There's no copy and paste build on a class you don't know and expect to get good results.

A good player in a "bad" spec will do far better than a bad player in a "good" spec.

Very well said m8

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.