@Team Leads: Give us back our devs!

Verain

I know that you needed them for galactic doll houses, and I know you are making new stuff for the expac with them right now.

But, give them back anyway. At least part time. When you pulled them off project, you went live with some broken file. As a result:

1- Several tooltips are broken.

2- EMP field was nerfed to 3000m radius, but tooltip still claims 4500m. One of these needs to change to match the other.

We also saw a big nerf to an ion missile talent, which no one understands at all. I disagree with the nerf, but I don't really care- there's a lot of balance tuning an individual player disagrees with, after all, and that's fine. But for it to happen without being in the patch notes is a pretty big deal. Reddit is a den of ludicrousness, and having to go there for XML diffs as our only viable set of patch note changes was pretty poor several weeks and minipatches ago, but is borderline absurd now.

We also have a longstanding bug with sab probe talent- if you choose the T5 one that snares the enemy, the probe no longer disables movement.

I get crunch time. I get working every day for months. I get pushing for a deadline for a product that everyone believes in.

But I play GSF in my damned spare time, and I want devs on it, some of the time. Someone needs to be given some hours to be custodian of our data file, and address whatever prevents tooltips from displaying durations and timers properly. Someone needs to diff those files and make patch notes out of them, even if you never want to explain to us why EMP Field and Ion Missile need nerfs, we shouldn't just be like "oh look, the XML shipped broken" or "log on patch day and see what changed, because any fixes wouldn't make the notes".

I don't know your exact details. I suspect, at this point, that the GSF situation is a bit more dire than was hinted at. I suspect all development has stopped for a bit while you go and do other stuff, because that stuff is perceived as extremely important for the future of the game, and it may well be.

But give us back our devs. At least a little.

Edited by Verain

Agreed, it'd be nice to have them at least be doing maintenance to fix bugs.

I suspect, at this point, that the GSF situation is a bit more dire than was hinted at.

I know in the spring they announced that they were shelving the stealth fighters indefinitely and that refocusing the team on GSH might indicate that GSF wasn't the resounding success they expected. Is that what you're referring to in this quote or did they make additional statements over the summer? (I wasn't playing TOR at all in the summer so I wasn't keeping as up to date on dev statements on GSF).

EMP Field wasn't nerfed. In 2.6 Patch Notes it clearly shows 3000 m radius. It had to be buffed to 4500 but apparently only the tooltip was changed.

The problem is - sometimes it ticks on targets 5000m away, sometimes does not tick at point blank range. Guess its due to lag (ship I see in point blank could flew away, or be lagged in meantime)...

EMP Field wasn't nerfed. In 2.6 Patch Notes it clearly shows 3000 m radius. It had to be buffed to 4500 but apparently only the tooltip was changed.

The problem is - sometimes it ticks on targets 5000m away, sometimes does not tick at point blank range. Guess its due to lag (ship I see in point blank could flew away, or be lagged in meantime)...

He said that either the tooltip or the functionality need to be changed so that the two match.

This thread is about lack of development for GSF, not hashing out details like how many meters away something hits.

Do you think GSF warrants attention from developers? I can't tell from what you wrote.

Edited by Ymris

You have to spend money to make money. If SWTOR launched as nothing more than a Star Wars-themed PVP game with 3 maps, it never would have amounted to anything.

I only have two words for the developers and bean-counters: Star Citizen.

People have pledged millions of dollars and players are frothing at the mouth for a game without a currently-hot IP to play a wide open space flight/combat and trading game. It's Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon without Han Solo or the Millennium Falcon.

Seriously guys, get with it while you still can.

Star Citizen is amazing - these devs don't do a damn thing. No longer have any faith in them... or him, as it appears, with the minimal amount of effort BioWare has put forth. Dunno if it's BW or EA, but regardless they've made more than a few blunders and this game just is nowhere near as fun once the honeymoon phase died down. Edited by SammyGStatus

Tab Targetting means that it will always fade, it's an old and overused system. It doesn't generate any need to play it, it's been done. Why they decided to keep it for space combat too...sheesh.

It's possible a reason so many people tired of SWTOR and returned to WoW was the engagement they already had. I mean, if you're going to play a Tab Targetted game that plays almost exactly the same...wouldn't you prefer to play with your established toons and your guild? I know, I know, this is the oldest gosh darn point...but still. The Tab Targetting caused all this. There's nothing else to complain about in the game, everything else is sick. To this day I still have to defend why I'm playing SWTOR and the main argument "Tab Targetting". Just that personally Star Wars and the story is keeping me, I deal with the combat because that's what we have.

Had they gone with a more innovative combat system this game would never be here...it would still be subscriber only.

And why they didn't use WAR's PVP model is beyond me. Never had more fun PVPing than I did in the WAR pvp zones.

Edit: Also,

Edited by FercPolo

Supported

I'm sure the devs are wrapping up the final touches of GSH or something and everyone's getting excited about 3.0 so they're still a little busy.

But could we please just have some kind of a response, something like "hey, we are aware of the sabo probe bug in GSF, our team is still being used to help with 3.0 but as soon as that's ready to launch we'll be be looking into how to fix this." It would be nice to know that the devs are at least still reading this part of the forums, even if they can't do anything about it because they're needed for something else.

I apologize if that sounds whinny or ungrateful, that wasn't my intent. I really enjoy GSF, I'm just frustrated at the moment.

Thanks for your time.

GSF is the best part of the game.

Jenifer Hale saying sweet nothings through 10000 hours of most irrelevant storyline content in history of storytelling Budget: 200 million.

Best and only modern iteration of classic space shooter on market

Budget: 20 dollars&coupons to burger king.

Ain't fair, right or sane. QQ.

At this point, I'd just like to hear from devs of GSF. I don't even complain about current bugs or balance issues. I just wanna get a " hey, we are alive, cool big things gonna be happening soon" type of a post...

...Have they spoken of GSF at any turn recently? During Cantina events or whatnots.

Edited by _Syntinen

This is incorrect.

It was buffed to 4500m (the tooltip AND value were changed), and it worked as such.

The last major patch changed JUST THE VALUE, leaving the 4500m tooltip. So it was ninja nerfed.

I agree with this entirely... matchmaking is a little broken as is the setup for opening ships, but GSF is one of the best things SWTOR has going for it. Most of the people that seem to dislike it are the ones that just want a different type of ships in space... basically as a world to explore. I'm not saying that isn't a valid thing to want, but it is kind of comparing apples to oranges. SWTOR is a great objective-based dogfighting game and there is a lot to like about it on that basis.

And as much as I complain about some balance issues, it's better balanced than the ground game. I still like the ground game, but it has a lot more issues.

Guess that was my way to help bump the thread. :p

Gonna bump again.

Devs, please. You've released 2.10, you've teased 3.0 and I know you're hard at work on it. All I'm asking for (emphasis on I, I don't speak for the rest of the GSF community) is some kind of response that you're at least aware of these issues or that you will look into them when you can.

I apologize if I sound whiny or needy, that wasn't my intent.