I only want a developer/admin to reply to this thread. NOBODY ELSE. (Housing)

SirCopperfield

You should retract that last part. If you don't know who he is, you should. He's basically like the biggest thing in gaming since ever. He's the Oprah of MMOs, the Bill Gates of gaming, the George Lucas of SWTOR, the Vanilla Ice of video games. He's merely a man, but he proves that all men are NOT created equally.

And yet many of us don't know who he is. So I ask again to the world. What group/who gave him these titles.

TLDR

Who is he? What did he Do?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so who is this pretentious twit?

Calling Sir Copperfield a "pretentious twit" is like calling the latest winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics scientifically ignorant. No one with any knowledge of the situation would ever do that, and those who do so are simply betraying their own ignorance for all to see.

so who is this pretentious twit?

My thoughts exactly. I would normally say that this restriction is due to Engine Limitations, but then i remebered

. Yep, it's a game built on the EXACT SAME ENGINE as SWTOR that A. Looks better. B. Performs Better and C. Has more stuff than SWTOR all on the same engine basis(The Hero Engine) AND it's in Alpha still! Bioware, Step your game up! Edited by Kaos_KidSWTOR

I just wanted to tell a little story:

So the other night I was in a Warzone. Unfortunately, some RL business came up in the middle of the warzone and my resultant poor play cost our team the warzone. Now, the perception of anyone on my team, not knowing what was really behind the poor play, was that I am completely inept.

Copperfield was on my team, and at the end of the warzone (not in the middle of it), asked me to join him on the fleet so that we could talk about the match, the purpose being to fix my mistakes for next time. He talked very politely and respectfully; he wasn't angry, cursing, or condescending.

I explained to him what had happened, and apologized for costing our team the victory. He was nothing but polite and sincere during the brief conversation, and his initial desire to make me a better player was genuine and respectful.

The moral of the story is that you people can keep calling him names, but if we had more people like him and less cyber-bullies like you, this would be a much happier place.

I just wanted to tell a little story:

So the other night I was in a Warzone. Unfortunately, some RL business came up in the middle of the warzone and my resultant poor play cost our team the warzone. Now, the perception of anyone on my team, not knowing what was really behind the poor play, was that I am completely inept.

Copperfield was on my team, and at the end of the warzone (not in the middle of it), asked me to join him on the fleet so that we could talk about the match, the purpose being to fix my mistakes for next time. He talked very politely and respectfully; he wasn't angry, cursing, or condescending.

I explained to him what had happened, and apologized for costing our team the victory. He was nothing but polite and sincere during the brief conversation, and his initial desire to make me a better player was genuine and respectful.

The moral of the story is that you people can keep calling him names, but if we had more people like him and less cyber-bullies like you, this would be a much happier place.

Not sure if serious..

But on the off chance you are, we are not cyber bullies and Copperfield is a known troll. We just having fun at his antics.

You should retract that last part. If you don't know who he is, you should. He's basically like the biggest thing in gaming since ever. He's the Oprah of MMOs, the Bill Gates of gaming, the George Lucas of SWTOR, the Vanilla Ice of video games. He's merely a man, but he proves that all men are NOT created equally.

Vanilla Ice?!!!

i am actually very serious, who is this guy, aside from some lame attention whoring threads, he is no one of any sort of importance, yet there is this cloud of stupid people who feed him, and I am curious as to why. he is not funny, not entertaining, and pretty much no different than any other forumite. i guess i don't get the joke

MWidowmaker: am actually very serious, who is this guy, aside from some lame attention whoring threads, he is no one of any sort of importance, yet there is this cloud of stupid people who feed him, and I am curious as to why. he is not funny, not entertaining, and pretty much no different than any other forumite. i guess i don't get the joke

I think you need to chill out a bit. In case you haven't noticed, we live in a messed up world. A dose of comedic wit sometimes make for a good remedy to take the edge off the messes that affect our lives. Personally, I think SirCopperfield is a genius. I believe this fellow used to post in Star Wars Galaxies but under a different name. I actually met him in game on the Starsider server just outside the Mos Eisley cantina. His character was always dressed as an Imperial officer with a comb over. When we talked he mentioned that he was mostly playing WoW at the time. The guy's mastery of the forums was legendary to the point that the forum mods seemed to enjoy his posts. His great achievement was when a Star Wars Galaxies dev named LOCHE, replied to one of his posts. And for those that may not know, LOCHE is or was (not sure he still remains at ea austin) one of TORs dev's. LOCHE created a system that would let players create and build quests in the game. I guess it impressed Lucas Arts so much so that In 2010 Lucas Arts asked for him to be pulled from SONY and hired by EA in Austin to work on TOR.

Take a chill pill, kick back, stop being so serious all the time, and enjoy comedic wit when it appears. ;)

Edited by DrBonzai

Did you follow him on his voyage to ESO though? I did, it was awesome. Not only was the PvP amazing (he loaded on the map and BAM instant win!) but his presence raised the general chat there to new heights of frivolity and intelligent discourse!

No, as I wrote before, it was the first time since 1997 that I denied following him and I am still a bit upset about his leaving to ESO, especially now that he came back here without even saying a word to me about it. But this only says something about me and my pschological issues rather than SirCopperfield, the Dear.

His posts are more trash tier than those who start anti-premade threads, guild ships costing too much threads, and buff my class because I'm bad threads combined.

Hope that didn't hit you too hard. :rak_03:

No, your opinion is noted and ok. You wrote your message in an attempt to hurt me, so it is obvious, that I am the addressee of your bullying. It would be different if you would really mean it badly against SirCopperfield, the Dear, but I know that you don't, so I'm okay with it. Thanks for your concern though.

i am actually very serious, who is this guy, aside from some lame attention whoring threads, he is no one of any sort of importance, yet there is this cloud of stupid people who feed him, and I am curious as to why. he is not funny, not entertaining, and pretty much no different than any other forumite. i guess i don't get the joke

Instead of continually stating your lack of knowledge here, why don't you find out who he is? It's not rocket science. In fact, it's easy to find out. You don't even have to leave this forum. He posted most of his relevant achievements in various threads including the story why he had to leave his wife and kids in order to become a better player.

Why do you not get the joke? Simple: Because this is no joke. It's only ignorant people like you who don't believe that it's all actually the truth. You consider this a joke and then you don't get it and call us, who know the truth, stupid.

You have no idea who SirCopperfield, the Dear is? Fair enough. But how dare you claim that just because you know nothing, Jon Snow, that he is automatically unimportant? That you don't know him only says one thing: You don't know him. So go and find out about him and stop trolling here. (I'm starting to get angry again, someone calm me down.)

Instead of continually stating your lack of knowledge here, why don't you find out who he is? It's not rocket science. In fact, it's easy to find out. You don't even have to leave this forum. He posted most of his relevant achievements in various threads including the story why he had to leave his wife and kids in order to become a better player.

Why do you not get the joke? Simple: Because this is no joke. It's only ignorant people like you who don't believe that it's all actually the truth. You consider this a joke and then you don't get it and call us, who know the truth, stupid.

You have no idea who SirCopperfield, the Dear is? Fair enough. But how dare you claim that just because you know nothing, Jon Snow, that he is automatically unimportant? That you don't know him only says one thing: You don't know him. So go and find out about him and stop trolling here. (I'm starting to get angry again, someone calm me down.)

and I am the one that needs to calm down?

if I actually cared that much , maybe I would, but don't ever tell me I don't get to call ******** when I see it, frankly all i see are a bunch of lemmings trying to ride some wannabe superstar's coattails and hoping that they get some degree of fame from this attention whoring twit

i think stories of Bigfoot are more credible than this guy, and yes it is a big joke, and the joke's on you