The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Conquest Base Boss Game Play Broken

Oxter

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is intended to be competitive. Two guild competing for a spot on top ten should be able to compete within a game, for an objective. This is that social interaction that OP is asking to be removed, and objectives placed in instances eliminating any meaningful competition between guilds.

In short, it is too hard now, please make it easier.

Edited by ELRunninW

There are a hundred solutions in game other than calling the game broke and insisting that Bioware rewrite code.

Best to figure one of them out because Bioware isn't going to rewrite agro mechanics anytime soon.

They don't have to rewrite anything. All they would have to do is give the commanders a flag to that they can't be taunted. It's already an existing flag on other bosses, so it's nothing new.

It is intended to be competitive. Two guild competing for a spot on top ten should be able to compete within a game, for an objective. This is that social interaction that OP is asking to be removed, and objectives placed in instances eliminating any meaningful competition between guilds.

In short, it is too hard now, please make it easier.

That's not two guilds competing. If they were actually fighting they would be competing. That's just one guild exploiting to steal another guild's kill.

Killing conquest bosses only has an indirect affect on your top 10 spot as you don't actually get any conquest points for killing them. Please tell me how exactly you know what bioware intended for the boss mechanics? I'm not at all advocating making the game easier. This has nothing to do with it being easy or hard or competative. The mechanic as it stands is just plain stupid and counterproductive to an enjoyable game play.

The only way to beat a competing guild for a conquest boss is to out wait them. If each guild has 3 to 4 tanks each taunt resetting it becomes a boring waiting game. Tell me also how this has anything to do with out witting or out playing the other guild?

Ocster

I'd like to see bosses such as Conquest bosses, world bosses, and special enemies like the Tunnel Lurker gain a new mechanic.

These enemies would have the "Taunt Immunity" buff, but when pulled, would apply a buff to every member of the group that pulled them, that allows that group to taunt. This allows tanks to control the boss within their group (if, for example, the DPS taunts, or isn't using their threat drop), but prevents taunt reset griefing.

If Bioware wants to introduce a mechanic where Guilds and Players can legitimately fight for control of the boss, then fine, but you're full of it if you think taunt resetting is anything other than griefing.

That's not two guilds competing. If they were actually fighting they would be competing. That's just one guild exploiting to steal another guild's kill.

Exploiting? Did you report them? If it is in fact, as you point out, an exploit, then it will be handled by support. Now, since it is not an exploit, nothing will be done about it.

Killing conquest bosses only has an indirect affect on your top 10 spot as you don't actually get any conquest points for killing them. Please tell me how exactly you know what bioware intended for the boss mechanics?

First, you do get conquest points for killing commanders. Check it.

Second, we can only speculate. If anyone considers a feature broken, support forum and in game ticket is the way to make sure it will get an attention. Here, in general forums, we can only speculate and express our own, personal opinions.

Edited by ELRunninW

Not all exploits are actionable. Just because it's an exploit doesn't mean they're going to do anything about it.

I was rather implying you should stop using word exploit since there are no reasonable grounds for that.

Almost any feature and ability, freely available in this game can be called an exploit when it suits someone.

Also, you are adjusting the logic to your point of view. "They are not going to do anything about, if it is not an exploit." Is more correct.

Edited by ELRunninW

I am sorry but I do not see how griefing other players who clearly had the kill, the boss was at 50% and going down, is legitimate. I also disagree very strongly with the idea that healing an npc that is being killed by another faction doesnt flag you for pvp. If I heal a player that is being killed by players on the other faction, I automatically get flagged. It should be the same thing for NPC's that are there for the other faction to kill.

Taunt Resetting isnt trying to be competitive, it is just being a complete and total dick. And it shouldnt be allowed on any boss. I got pissed when it happened with the tunnel lurker, the tatooine rakghoul wb, and other mobs during that event and I get just as pissed about this as well. I cannot believe that this was an intended feature of the game, as it makes no sense and there have been plenty of groups out there whose only purpose is to show up and keep anyone from getting a kill by simply forcing the boss to reset just so they can grief other players that are trying to play the game. Once a boss is locked to a specific group, that group should be the only group that can taunt the boss or get credit for the guild. Not competitive enough? Tough. You want the kill, get there before the other guilds. Plan your base raids and commander hunting accordingly.

Also, I want to point out that attacking the Commanders does not flag you for pvp. We have killed several commanders without a single person getting flagged, simply by having a Sin that can phase walk or a Jugg that can intercede pull the boss and then jump out of the pvp area before they get flagged. Maybe it was meant to flag you, but sometimes that is the only way you can get the boss down when you have other players within the same faction griefing you while the other side heals and taunts the boss because its the same guild working in tandem on both factions to screw with players trying to play the game.

This has happened to the guild I am in.

We also won a taunt war were they got angry, swapped to their imp toons to try and kill us but thankfully we owned them noobs.

Funny though because some of the people were actually in a guild I was GM of 2 years ago, I /spit on them and removed them from friends list very quickly!

Bioware should make them locked only to those who had the better organisational skills within their guild to turn up and fight before another guild got there.

conquest is doing wonderful things to our server community. now we can be asses to our own faction as well as the opposite faction.

conquest is doing wonderful things to our server community. now we can be asses to our own faction as well as the opposite faction.

All is fair in love and war, especially in a virtual realm.

Though it is certainly unbecoming in a way, it's not exactly worth taking it that personally.

A couple of days ago, me and a friend who returned recently to the game saw a couple of imps trying to beat down a Republic Commander on Voss. Seeing they were trying NOT to get PvP flagged and being chased down by the other champs inside the base, we started healing the Commander and said we'd stop if they went inside the base after all.

They did and we stopped.

Works both ways I think, whenever you claim that "Conquests is doing wonderful things to our community". :rolleyes:

I am sorry but I do not see how griefing other players who clearly had the kill, the boss was at 50% and going down, is legitimate.

Griefing happens. How is this behaviour not legitimate? There is no rule that prohibits you from taunting an NPC, any NPC at any time.

Taunt Resetting isnt trying to be competitive, it is just being a complete and total dick.

If someone wants to be one, why would you not let them? Are you suggesting we need BW to play role of Moral Police?

Plan your base raids and commander hunting accordingly.

Your guild is not alone and there is limited number of targets.

I am not trying to defend anyone's behaviour, but I do not agree with suggestion that it is an exploit, or that there is a problem.

Edited by ELRunninW

I was rather implying you should stop using word exploit since there are no reasonable grounds for that.

Almost any feature and ability, freely available in this game can be called an exploit when it suits someone.

Also, you are adjusting the logic to your point of view. "They are not going to do anything about, if it is not an exploit." Is more correct.

No reasonable grounds? From wikipedia

In video games, an exploit (colloquially sploit) is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

Which gels pretty well with the general definition. From dictionary.com

to take advantage of (a person, situation, etc), esp unethically or unjustly for one's own ends

Are you going to argue that taunt resetting is an intended mechanic? Given that the two systems by themselves work and make sense, but put together create a very unfavorable and undocumented outcome which completely lacks direct encouragement or mention, it seems far more likely that this is an edge case that they did not consider nor intend when creating the two intersecting systems (i.e., taunting and evading). And just because it hasn't been fixed that doesn't mean it's intended.

Are you going to argue that taunt resetting is an intended mechanic?

This has been something guilds have done to each other with world bosses for almost 3 years now (ever tried to kill NM Pilgrim?).

You'd have a hard time convincing me the devs weren't aware of this as a possibility with conquest commanders.

There is a simple fix for this, that leaves it competitive. Other guilds should be able to taunt and interfere and lead the boss away. What should not happen is a health reset. Simple as that. Another guild can taunt him away to bring more guards and enemies into the fight to lower your chances of survival, and if there is a wipe then the boss resets and that guild can attack. But the health should never reset. That way a guild that can hold the boss and kill it will.

Or they could change the mechanics like Rift's open world event boss. People who engage the boss, doing damage or tanking it or healing players who are tanking/dpsing it; everyone gets reward for killing it and the more people encounters the boss the harder it becomes; it heals itself everytime a number of new players engage it, it gains more armor per player engaged; more HP and even unlocks additional mechanics. Current mob tagging is quite dismal, it is not at all standard for an mmorpg like swtor, it is for games like Darkfall or eve.

This has been something guilds have done to each other with world bosses for almost 3 years now (ever tried to kill NM Pilgrim?).

You'd have a hard time convincing me the devs weren't aware of this as a possibility with conquest commanders.

"And just because it hasn't been fixed that doesn't mean it's intended."

Or are you saying that all issues that haven't been fixed for 3 years are intended?

Edit: They only just recently fixed a trash pull in EC, so that you can't climb one of the nearby cliffs to avoid it. The operation was released how long ago? Time isn't necessarily a factor in whether something is intended.

Edited by MillionsKNives

Or are you saying that all issues that haven't been fixed for 3 years are intended?

Nope.

Are you trying to say that all issues that haven't been addressed to your satisfaction in three years are something they've always intended to fix but just haven't gotten around to it?

Nope.

Are you trying to say that all issues that haven't been addressed to your satisfaction in three years are something they've always intended to fix but just haven't gotten around to it?

No, which is why I already stated my reasoning for why I believe that it's unintended. You made the claim that because it's been outstanding for 3 years that it's not intended.

Griefing happens. How is this behaviour not legitimate? There is no rule that prohibits you from taunting an NPC, any NPC at any time.

If someone wants to be one, why would you not let them? Are you suggesting we need BW to play role of Moral Police?

Your guild is not alone and there is limited number of targets.

I am not trying to defend anyone's behaviour, but I do not agree with suggestion that it is an exploit, or that there is a problem.

1: bioware DOES play moral police. look at all the names they have nerfed just because they refer to body parts

2: doing flashpoints that were marked "repeatable" was an exploit, so why cant this be? all the devs have to do is decide it is one. no logic needed.

This has happened to the guild I am in.

We also won a taunt war were they got angry, swapped to their imp toons to try and kill us but thankfully we owned them noobs.

Funny though because some of the people were actually in a guild I was GM of 2 years ago, I /spit on them and removed them from friends list very quickly!

Bioware should make them locked only to those who had the better organisational skills within their guild to turn up and fight before another guild got there.

Here is one answer ^^^^^^^^.

Player statements about what was intended aren't credible or authoritative.