The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

searched "tor pvp hacks" in google and came up with 118,000 results.

discozombee

Why do people get trolled hardcore for bringing up people hacking in pvp when there is clearly a lot of material on this subject on the internet. Are the people who are bashing the ones hacking? do they work for bioware/electronic arts and are just trying to defend their company? so many questions not enough answers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tor+pvp+hacks&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp

118,000 search results....i think this is more of a problem than people want to admit or even look into.

Ok so you did a search and found over 100k search results.....did you even try to find a legitimate download for a pvp hack?? And if so were you able to download it? My bet is NO. I've spent the last 30 mins trying to google a downloadable pvp hack and couldn't find a SINGLE ONE!! There was 1 site that supposedly had a speed hack but when you click on it, the site is now gone. I played this game from beta until January of this year and all in that time only saw 1 legitimate speed hacker in a wz and that was in the first year of launch. All these stories of hacks are completely blown out of proportion. My speculation is that the majority of the hacks caught on youtube are server lags or router/modem spikes. Do I think that there are legit hackers in the game? Possibly, But very few and far between. This is an overblown accusation that needs to be put to rest.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people get trolled hardcore for bringing up people hacking in pvp when there is clearly a lot of material on this subject on the internet. Are the people who are bashing the ones hacking? do they work for bioware/electronic arts and are just trying to defend their company? so many questions not enough answers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tor+pvp+hacks&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp

118,000 search results....i think this is more of a problem than people want to admit or even look into.

so how many did you click on, how many did you actually find? And how many virus' did you pick up while trying to find a legit one?

for example: I typed in google "google.com" I got 23 billion hits. but only 1 of those is the actual google.com

Have you looked at the dates of these results? Have you even verified if the hacks still work? Honestly, many players blame hacks when they're just too incompetent and got wrecked pretty badly by classes/abilities they don't understand a thing about then come crying about hacks on the forums.

As somebody who actively PvP's I know what abilities different classes have and I know what to expect, which apparently is not the case with everybody since I still hear accusations of speed hacking and map glitching in QueshBall when in reality it's just a well coordinated team making extensive usage of a Combat/Carnage Sentinel/Marauder's Transcendence/Predation and Sorc/sage pulls to score goals less 30-40 seconds after the ball has been picked up by one of their teammates.

When you have no idea how something works you can't just cry "ZOMG HAX" which is what a majority of people do. I'll repeat it, Bads who don't understand shet about certain game aspects cry hax all the time, it doesn't mean they are everywhere and everybody saying that there really aren't many hax is in reality a major hacker haxing 24/7.

odds are a good number probably still do in one modified way or another. the entire game would have to be re-written to totally fix them.

yeah, earlier i got wrecked by a 8k dmg ability that one shot me with 30k HP, looked in comabt log, one lonely 8k yet it somehow one shot me, i must just suck...or maybe that makes no sense what so ever

The combat log in SWTOR only shows you the killing blow, not all incoming damage. If you took 30k hits points of damage in 1 second, lets say, it will only display the hit that killed you. Which sometimes can be a -600 hit point DoT.

The combat log in SWTOR only shows you the killing blow, not all incoming damage. If you took 30k hits points of damage in 1 second, lets say, it will only display the hit that killed you. Which sometimes can be a -600 hit point DoT.

uhhh, you haven't actually looked at a combat log have you?

I thought I had only ever seen one hack (where the enemy team set all bombs on Voidstar at once 2 seconds in) but a look at stats on parsec and comparing them to stats in the game, they differ significantly for some players, usually only one or two per day, but it still means that they are artificially increasing their stats outside of the game (ie not via stims or anything). So hacking is a problem, but not as bad as some seem to believe but not as solved as it should be.