The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Felusia Stato

Sindariel

Why is this NPC limited to 4?

All other NPCs are limited to 50. It doesn't make sense that this one is only limited to 4.

Why can I have 99 giant faction banners but only 50 small lights?

Bioware: Because "Reasons"

Edited by DawnAskham

She's limited to four total but you can in fact place her four times each stronghold, so essentially you have sixteen of her.

Wait what?

I can't own more than 4 of her.

When I tired to add her to my inventory of items it said no.

Not No, you can't place her in this stronghold but no, you can't have more than 4.

Question : why would you need more than 4 Felusia ?

You can have only 4 strongholds, one per stronghold makes for 4.

Am I the only one realizing that having the same named NPC in multiple exemplars in the same stronghold is freaking illogic ?

Yup, you are.

If I buy 15 Imperial Guardsmen they are all named the same thing right?

Same with Dancers and whatever NPC's there are so, yeah, you are the only one who cares what their names are. :o

(ok, I'm sure there have to be others, I mean what would the odds be?)

I own one Strong hold, all my stuff is going in this one stronghold.

Yup, you are.

Same with Dancers and whatever NPC's there are so, yeah, you are the only one who cares what their names are. :o

You don't seem to know the difference between a name and a job description. Did your parents give you some crazy name like Bellhop or Courtesy Clerk?

Yup, you are.

Don't you see a difference between having 10 "Republic Soldier" in the same room and 10 "Satele Shan" in the same room ?

Wait what?

I can't own more than 4 of her.

When I tired to add her to my inventory of items it said no.

Not No, you can't place her in this stronghold but no, you can't have more than 4.

This just seems to be a miscommunication. What was said was not you can own moe than 4 of her, but rather you can place her 4 times in each of your 4 strongholds. Not that I've tested it but it just seemed that you two were talking about different things.

To clarify: This NPC is limited to 4 per legacy, not per stronghold.

You can either place a single Felusia Stato in each of your strongholds, or you can place all 4 in single stronghold.

This makes your arguments about having the same named NPC more than once in a stronghold being illogical totally invalid, because this is already possible.

So, my original question is still open.

Why is this particular NPC limited to 4?

Bioware knows what's best for us. We pay them and in return they micromanage every aspect of our swtor lives like a freaking nanny state.

I just want to say, "Thank you Bioware." Thank you for completely micromanaging every single aspect of me playing on swtor even though I'm on an RP server and plenty capable of thinking for myself.

Seriously, thank you.

Also I love you guys bringing up the "same npc" discussion. I love only being able to have 1 HK unit despite having multiple HK units with multiple skins across my acct with diff RP personalities. Way to go Bio, thanks for that too. Thanks. THANK. YOU.

Edited by siegeshot

To clarify: This NPC is limited to 4 per legacy, not per stronghold.

You can either place a single Felusia Stato in each of your strongholds, or you can place all 4 in single stronghold.

This makes your arguments about having the same named NPC more than once in a stronghold being illogical totally invalid, because this is already possible.

So, my original question is still open.

Why is this particular NPC limited to 4?

Illogical and invalid because possible ? You're deluding yourself.

The fact it's possible, doesn't mean devs desire you to do it.

Do they allow you to play with a keyboard with macros ? Yes. Do they want you use the macros ? No.

They have to concede you the right to use your keyboard, because they have no means to forbid you from using such hardware. (Even though the rules forbid you to use the said macro)

With Felucia, it's likely the same thing.

They probably :

1. considered she's not simply a decoration but also a utility NPC

2. decided it wasn't good that you could not put her in all of your strongholds

3. didn't have any other means to allow her to be in your 4 strongholds than not limiting her to 1.

They probably conceded you the possibility to put multiple Felucia because they was no other way around, but limited her so that not using her as they envisionned implies a drawback.

They probably prefered to smoothly incite you to use it the way they envisionned it, rather than bluntly forcing a limitation upon you.

For what other reason they could have done that ?

Think 2 seconds about it. You know there are no other possible reason.

It's not illogical... or at least much less than allowing/asking for the posssibility to put an unreasonable amount of the same individual at the same time and the same place : a mind blowing paradox.

There may be the same paradox in open world, but there they can't do anyting about it. Each time they can stick to their own version of the story, they will stick to it.

Edited by Altheran

Don't you see a difference between having 10 "Republic Soldier" in the same room and 10 "Satele Shan" in the same room ?

No I don't see the difference between having 10 guys dressed in the same armor and 10 ladies dressed in the same red dress (we weren't discussing Satele).

You see all my Employees I have working their different jobs around my Palace must wear the same Uniform.

No I don't see the difference between having 10 guys dressed in the same armor and 10 ladies dressed in the same red dress (we weren't discussing Satele).

You see all my Employees I have working their different jobs around my Palace must wear the same Uniform.

I don't know why I find this thread so entertaining. Seems the point has sailed several miles over your head. It's a person, a character, with a name. It is utterly ridiculous to line up a squadron of identical named NPCs. How many Corsos or Khems do you want hanging out at your pad? A dozen of each? Does that make any sense?

Corso, ok, bad example, but hopefully you get the point. Generic soldiers are a different matter entirely.

Edited by MaximilianPower

Your banners are not lightsources that must be tracked for shadows and lighting.

As for the NPC, yeah, I don't get it either.

The only thing I can think of is that they thought something like "they only need one per stronghold, and there's only four strongholds, so we'll make that 4 maximum"

Edited by OddballEasyEight

IThe fact it's possible, doesn't mean devs desire you to do it.

Do they allow you to play with a keyboard with macros ? Yes. Do they want you use the macros ? No.

They have to concede you the right to use your keyboard, because they have no means to forbid you from using such hardware. (Even though the rules forbid you to use the said macro)

I'd say the fact that they partnered with a gaming peripheral company to release an official SWTOR-logo programmable keyboard and mouse says all you need to know about their intentions...

What surprised me even more was that the empire basic furniture salesman isn't Felusia, but that's still who I get to put down in my Drommund Kass apartment. I don't remember what her name was (the empire lady) but she has a crazy hat.

Also yes, there should be more copies of her available. I was also annoyed my bartender wasn't a vendor (waste of a certificate) and neither is the astromech serving droid (who doesn't serve anything, it just sits there).