Companions in Strongholds

MagikFingerz

Do the companions really have to be in holo-form when you're in the stronghold on alts? I can understand it when you have said companion active at the time, but having them in holos just defeats the purpose of placing them at all and totally breaks immersion. Please give us the actual companions that we've unlocked in our legacy!

• 2 weeks later...

What I would love to see is our companions would interact with each other, regardless of whichever class we are playing at the time we can walk in and talk with them.

If it was the Nar Shaddaa one, it would be interesting to see both Republic and Sith companions interact or possibly duel each other lol

Heh, I can see it now Kira and Jaesa going head to head (if Jaesa was dark side)

Edited by Satelerevan

What I would love to see is our companions would interact with each other, regardless of whichever class we are playing at the time we can walk in and talk with them.

If it was the Nar Shaddaa one, it would be interesting to see both Republic and Sith companions interact or possibly duel each other lol

This so much.

I would love to walk in to a conversation between Kira and Jaesa arguing about which side of the Force is better. Doc flirting with Vette, and so on.

The other thing I will throw up the idea of is that, have massive extra dialogue options to talk with other Class companions and get to know them.

Furthermore perhaps doing side quest with them as well for fun and perhaps instead of using your regular companions why not toss the idea around where for example, Revan (Jedi Knight) wanted to use Valerian (Commando) companions for dailies just for fun, that will be interesting.

Then again - the other idea was if you are playing a Jedi Knight and wanted to talk with another Republic side companion (eg. Trooper/Smuggler) you get to hear their storyline and adventures of your lead class character. I have to admit that sounds interesting as well, damn dude I just thought about if you're playing on your Jedi Knight and wanted to talk with the Sith companions and listen their adventures... (yes we get the picture...)

Anyways the one thing that SWTOR really needs is the companions to be lighten up a little. Bit more lively and interactive, have loads of fun with them. Well during the class storyline it wasn't so bad but it lacked towards the end because when Makeb was released there wasn't any dialogue between you and the companions except focused on you and resolving Makeb's issues.

You could throw in companion stronghold items for their own bedrooms, lamps etc.

Edited by Satelerevan

Yes...Laying in the bed _censored_

Now that would be sexy! And I would pay a bunch of CC for the ability to do that. But as usual we get the bioware version... Just standing there doing nothing!

Did you really need to post that in a public forum? Save it for the privacy of your ship/stronghold :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Great one of you little kiddies reported my post and now its gone. I guess your moms don't want you to know about sex yet... Its not like I posted something that was actually offensive, like two men kissing, which bioware saw fit to add to the game recently!

Anyway the game has sexual content in it already! You have the option to bang your companions in every single class story line; therefore it is not inappropriate for me to post about sexual situations with companions because it relates directly to the story line.

Anyway (in a nutshell) what I said was that they need to allow companions to lay in the bed in a seductive pose! And sitting in chairs would be cool too. But I did not spend a million credits on my Temple and Jaesa to get them in sexy outfits so bioware can strip them of their custom gear, revert them to their default skin, and make them stupid holograms!!! The story line acknowledges that our companions are a sexual object, so we need the option to display them as such! In my story Temple is my wife.. she should act like a wife, not a statue!

This is not a joke or an attempt at trolling, I am dead serious. Please do not delete my post.

Edited by -Damask-

This so much.

I would love to walk in to a conversation between Kira and Jaesa arguing about which side of the Force is better. Doc flirting with Vette, and so on.

This! Putting any companion near another should result in some sort of audible dialogue between the two when you pass by the, similar to how you can hear NPCs talk when you pass them in cities.

Think of the possibilities!

Kaliyo whispers something perverted to Corso. How does he react?

Blizz shows something shiny to Treek who is in awe.

Kira and Nadia just hanging out.

Doc flirting with anyone he is near.

4X and HK bragging about kills.

Rusk tells Aric he is 4% more efficient after training. How does Aric reply?

Guss caught attempting to con Skadge out of money, and the situation is escalating. Gault is making bets on what will happen next.

Edited by crubel

Its not like I posted something that was actually offensive...

If I remember right you said you wanted her to be lying in bed with her hand down entertaining herself :p the game does a kiss and fade to black, your detailed description was definitly not a fade to black scenario.

Offensive? Slippery slope i suppose, Innapropriate definitly.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

LOL that's a great idea actually. I have my Temple and Jaesa posed in such a way that Temple is facing you when you walk in the bedroom and Jaesa is turned towards Temple with her hands on her hips glaring evilly at her. Jaesa is like "W the F you looking at b**ch I'm getting him first tonight". And Temple's expression just says "I know he will choose me tonight before the crazy red eyed witch over there".

They should be able to fight each other for your... umm... affections.

Edited by -Damask-

I am having as much fun and enjoyment, and spending massive credits, decorating my strongholds. However, one of the main things that bother me are the holograms of Alt Companions. The holograms make no sense and truly distract from the immersion. I applaud the DevTeam for their work on the Strongholds. It is amazing actually. The potential for the future is huge with the addition of ambient movement of NPCs (e.g. battle droids that patrol an area or a squad of Imperial Commandos marching around). I would love to place Alt Comps in various spots.

All in all though, a good intro to the strongholds would be where you see all the companions talking briefly. Then as the storyline unfolds there for interactive gameplay you could influence the idea of Mass Effect Citadel content (in a similar way) where the lead character of your class is involved with something and your companions and allies of your legacy tree would work together as a team to stop whoever it was. Then sit back relax and possibly drink too much and pass out. There are many choices out there, that's for sure

I completely support, they should be holo's when they're in the stronghold with you, or on a mission, but not when you're on alts.

Exactly. I'm kinda hoping that was what they intended for the holo effect, but then time restraints and/or laziness caused them to make it more encompassing.

In order I think what should be done

1: Remove holocrons. When I place the companion they should be there, as simple as that. If the companion is currently following me than they simply shouldnt be there. No holocron call.

2: Have the companion wearing the gear of the character that placed it version. I have to troopers, my 2 Dornes are geared differently. If I want to get on my Commando, I want to see the Dorne I placed be wearing the gear that my Vanguard's companion has because that is the gear I placed her in.

3: Include Alts. Same as above

Im honestly surprised Galactic Strongholds does not already include these

• 2 weeks later...
In order I think what should be done

1: Remove holocrons. When I place the companion they should be there, as simple as that. If the companion is currently following me than they simply shouldnt be there. No holocron call.

2: Have the companion wearing the gear of the character that placed it version. I have to troopers, my 2 Dornes are geared differently. If I want to get on my Commando, I want to see the Dorne I placed be wearing the gear that my Vanguard's companion has because that is the gear I placed her in.

3: Include Alts. Same as above

Im honestly surprised Galactic Strongholds does not already include these

Agreed.

The simple fact is that there is not enough "interaction" with companions through out the game.

1. No this does not mean explicit actions (good grief. If you need that sort of thing there are places to find it. This game is NOT it. )

2. Some of it could be light hearted and fun comments.

3. Adding more companion content in general would be a big help to a lot of folks.

Specific to this topic: I agree the holo thing has to go! Flesh out the companion with appropriate settings and or interaction to liven things up a bit !!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.