Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

When is BIOWARE announcing the sequel? I need my Post Yavin Fix!

Lendrick

I have been following SWTOR since launch, have my 55 Jedi and still loving the game, however, I am desperate for some future content - I am hoping that even with the same engine and design philosophy as SWTOR has that we will finally get a Star Wars MMO in the same time period of the original trilogy or even Episode VII. Perhaps they could call it "Star Wars The New Republic", or SWTNR for short.

Please BIOWARE make this one open world and skill based, so it will be more of a sandbox and harken back to the early Star Wars Galaxy's days.

Heres Hoping.

I would burst your bubble but it seems that i misplaced that pin i keep on my desk.

You may not want to burst his bubble, but I certainly am.

Op, you can hope as much as you want but the bottom line is, there won't be any sandbox anything in this game. Nor will there be any skill based anything. I really hate to do this but this game will not be like SWG in that regard.

EDIT: Also no, they did not sink millions of dollars into this game just to make a sequel.

Edited by theUndead

did someone just post a redit article and imply it was more than a fan theory with no more validity than me saying the new villain is a cat with a top hat and monocle in a robot suit called Mr. Fluffy bottoms who plans to rule the universe by uniting the golden pantaloons, silver pantaloons and bronze pantalettes to form the big metal unit and achieve the pinnacle of magic pants technology? because it really isn't at all in the slightest.

also +1 intenet to anyone who got the refrence.

Actually, in case you haven't read it , check this link out for some food for thought.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. :D

It amuses me immensely to realize that so many are still falling for that. People throw in some garbage to accompany their overblown fanfiction and people go for it.

Mankind is doomed.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. :D

It amuses me immensely to realize that so many are still falling for that. People throw in some garbage to accompany their overblown fanfiction and people go for it.

Mankind is doomed.

That's not even the worst part about it.

The worst part is that some people's naivety will lead to "why did you not go forward with what you promised?"

Then, there will be threads upon threads for something Bioware never said a word about, people will claim the game is dying because their fictitious plans didn't turn out to be true, MrJurgens will come back as tortanic2 and complain about SWTOR 2 being a failure (he doesn't need for it to be released to whine about it) and then we'll have a trillion threads discussing what the definition of the word "promised" is and the legal troubles Bioware could get themselves into for not making true what was created purely in people's imagination...

Edited by TheNahash

did someone just post a redit article and imply it was more than a fan theory with no more validity than me saying the new villain is a cat with a top hat and monocle in a robot suit called Mr. Fluffy bottoms who plans to rule the universe by uniting the golden pantaloons, silver pantaloons and bronze pantalettes to form the big metal unit and achieve the pinnacle of magic pants technology?

That may even be scarier than Pennywise the Clown.

We don't know how the EP VII Star Wars will be.

Maybe we'll hate it like EP I?

Maybe it will suck like Abrams Star Trek just without lens flares?

Who knows.

I'm pretty sure in the past palpatine era there wont be millions of sith and jedi running arround (what I think is fine).

Edited by discbox

I believe I can fly.

I believe I can touch the sky.

I think about it every night and day.

I'll spread my wings and fly away.

Bioware, Y u no let me fly?! You promised I could be in space where everything is amazing and I could be all 'the square root of space is SPACE! ', but you LIED!

You lied to me, and broke my tiny trust!

I'll never believe again!

Adriaaaaaaaaaaaan!

*this nonsense brought to you by: its Saturday morning and I don't need reasons*

We don't know how the EP VII Star Wars will be.

Maybe we'll hate it like EP I?

Hm, after watching some short clips from the Star Wars: Rebels thing, i would go for a special Disney Version of EP VII, something like: Aladdin dances with the Yuuzhan Vong into the sunset, while Jacen Solo together with Pocahontas sings Hakuna Matata in the background.

(sorry couldn't resist). :D

Sounds just like the NGE rumors for SWG and we know how those rumors (shot down over and over by the community) ultimately came true. Doesn't sound so much like a new game as much as a revamp and progression of the current game.

Undoubtedly.

I took his claim to heart the moment he said that the sequel(!) for this game would run on Frostbite 3 and class stories would be making a return on the next expansion.

The one that is bound to hit this year(!!!).

From that moment onward, I knew that individual was the very prophet we needed but did NOT deserve.

A shining ironclad warrior, with reason and might on his side.

Then I woke up and realized it was all shenanigans. There are those who are yet to wake up it would seem... I envy them.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Sorry op probably not going to happen but if you like speculation and want that twinkle of hope for an open world sw game. Here

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-developing-open-world-star-wars-game/1100-6416442/

Hold onto that hope don't let anyone take it from you. It makes you you.

Of course if this game does drop as a single player game be prepared for a cartel market type system so ea can grab extra money.

You may not want to burst his bubble, but I certainly am.

Op, you can hope as much as you want but the bottom line is, there won't be any sandbox anything in this game. Nor will there be any skill based anything. I really hate to do this but this game will not be like SWG in that regard.

EDIT: Also no, they did not sink millions of dollars into this game just to make a sequel.

And thank the Emperor for that!

A lot of people try to rewrite the history of SWG, and seem to wear only rose colored sunglasses. SWG was bad, It was real bad, It was never EVER considored an MMO success. The Changes that were made to SWG, that some say KILLED the game, were done by the developers as a last ditch effort to try and save a dead game. It worked actually. They were able to keep the doors open a few more years.

SWG was:

1. Bots, Bots, and even more Bots.

2. Exploited by everyone.

3. The worst graphics of any of the mainstream MMOs of its time.

4. A complete mess from day one.

5. A cheaters paradise.

What SWG was not:

1. A decent MMO.

2. A Relative game in the MMO industry.

And thank the Emperor for that!

A lot of people try to rewrite the history of SWG, and seem to wear only rose colored sunglasses. SWG was bad, It was real bad, It was never EVER considored an MMO success. The Changes that were made to SWG, that some say KILLED the game, were done by the developers as a last ditch effort to try and save a dead game. It worked actually. They were able to keep the doors open a few more years.

SWG was:

1. Bots, Bots, and even more Bots.

2. Exploited by everyone.

3. The worst graphics of any of the mainstream MMOs of its time.

4. A complete mess from day one.

5. A cheaters paradise.

What SWG was not:

1. A decent MMO.

2. A Relative game in the MMO industry.

Amazing that people don't realize it (or refuse to admit that). Obviously there was something very funky in the cool-aid that was being passed out by SOE and the effect is still going strong.

Amazing that people don't realize it (or refuse to admit that). Obviously there was something very funky in the cool-aid that was being passed out by SOE and the effect is still going strong.

Well, I do understand it actually. I started playing EQ the day it released. I played for a good many years, I have very fond memories of EQ. A few years ago, I downloaded it, curious to see how it was doing. OMG! As I walked around, I kept thinking, is this really the EQ I played and enjoyed so so much years ago? I immediatly logged out, removed it from my computer in an attempt to not destroy my memories. I dont wish them to be soiled,,,, :p

They don't need to MMO all star wars content. And they can let other companies do Star Wars games aside from Bioware. IE Dice and Battlefront, which may very well include some EP VII story for all we know. We don't have a release date or even any game play footage, as far as I know, from Battlefront so we can assume some EP VII stuff can be included in that game. I have a feeling this is a troll thread, or I greatly fear for our future...

SWG PROVED why having an MMO set directly in or closely around that of the Movie's Time Period isn't a good thing.

SWG was set after A New Hope and before Empire Strikes Back, so there isn't a whole lot they could do storyline wise considering what takes place in ESB & ROTJ. So, making a new MMO to take place during that of Episode 7 - 9, wouldn't work as we couldn't do much as it could complicate the Movies or vice-verse. Then again, SWG constantly breaking the 4th Wall and whatnot, didn't help either.

Sure, you could bring up the Defiance MMO and being connected to the Defiance Show, but that's only working because the setting of the MMO is in a different Location as that of the Show. Where the Show takes place in St. Louis under its Arch, the MMO takes place in the Bay Area of San Fran & somewhat Silicon Valley.

Edited by Altyrell

SWG PROVED why having an MMO set directly in or closely around that of the Movie's Time Period isn't a good thing.

SWG was set after A New Hope and before Empire Strikes Back, so there isn't a whole lot they could do storyline wise considering what takes place in ESB & ROTJ. So, making a new MMO to take place during that of Episode 7 - 9, wouldn't work as we couldn't do much as it could complicate the Movies or vice-verse.

Sure, you could bring up the Defiance MMO and being connected to the Defiance Show, but that's only working because the setting of the MMO is in a different Location as that of the Show. Where the Show takes place in St. Louis under its Arch, the MMO takes place in the Bay Area of San Fran & somewhat Silicon Valley.

If it weren't for Rebels, though, an MMO taking place between III and IV could be feasible.

IF.

Nah, if they'll do a Post ANH MMO, it will likely be in the distance future, like 3000 ABY or something.

If it weren't for Rebels, though, an MMO taking place between III and IV could be feasible.

IF.

Nah, if they'll do a Post ANH MMO, it will likely be in the distance future, like 3000 ABY or something.

Not really, because there wouldn't be much in the way of what we could or couldn't do if a MMO was set between 3 & 4.

IF they were to make a 2nd MMO, it would have to be set far after when 9 is to take place as to not conflict with 7-9 or set between 3,000 BBY and 1,000ish BBY so it wouldn't conflict directly with the Movies or recorded history of what took place 1,000 BBY while at the same time allowing for conflict [have to have PVP]

Edited by Altyrell

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.