Make ALL Mounts Adaptable

vemerce

There is no longer a point to having mounts with a set speed. All it does is make certain mounts obsolete after a certain character level. Adaptable mounts still require speeder training to go faster, therefore a set mount speed is useless now.

Please just change every mount in the game to be adaptable so that we have more art that stays relevant in this game.

1.) There is no money sink involved anymore. Most players get one or more "free" speeders in the mail now.

2.) There are many "special" mounts that are "wasted" because they're stuck at 90-100% speed.

3.) This *seems* like an easy change to implement with no tangible drawback.

Please consider this. There are a lot of decent looking 90% and 100% mounts that would be awesome to use. Thanks!

There is no longer a point to having mounts with a set speed. All it does is make certain mounts obsolete after a certain character level. Adaptable mounts still require speeder training to go faster, therefore a set mount speed is useless now.

Please just change every mount in the game to be adaptable so that we have more art that stays relevant in this game.

1.) There is no money sink involved anymore. Most players get one or more "free" speeders in the mail now.

2.) There are many "special" mounts that are "wasted" because they're stuck at 90-100% speed.

3.) This *seems* like an easy change to implement with no tangible drawback.

Please consider this. There are a lot of decent looking 90% and 100% mounts that would be awesome to use. Thanks!

Agreed

signed. there are some pretty good looking slow mounts that I would use in a heartbeat... if only they weren't so slow :/

in fact - making all mounts adoptive may encourage an extra money sink as people would buy mounts from vendors, they would have otherwise skipped.

This is especially sad with things like the mounts you get from social points. I think the Orlean Flurry from Hoth requires a social rank of around 7 but it's only a rank 2 speeder. Now that the level requirements for each speeder rank have been reduced so much, it's nearly impossible for a character to hit social rank 7 before getting speeder piloting 3. As a result, NOBODY uses that speeder, even though it's gorgeous.

This is especially sad with things like the mounts you get from social points. I think the Orlean Flurry from Hoth requires a social rank of around 7 but it's only a rank 2 speeder. Now that the level requirements for each speeder rank have been reduced so much, it's nearly impossible for a character to hit social rank 7 before getting speeder piloting 3. As a result, NOBODY uses that speeder, even though it's gorgeous.

it was actualy one of the speeders I was thinking of :p

dear bioware. I want to actualy use all of these speeders you have in game, but not enough to make myself move significantly slower. please make all speeders scalable. this change has no downsides, only upside. especially if you consider that on average, certain cartel market speeders sell for far less than vendor ones, even starter vendor ones. this change might actualy encourage more people to buy vendor speeders. creating another credit sink to boot.

Two of the speeders that immediately pop into mind is the one that you can get from the Revan fight, which is a rank 2 speeder... And the one from the Chevin event, which is never supposed to come back.

I can see the reasons for having different speeds when the game launched, but with all Cartel Market speeders being adaptable, I think we're at a point where we simply don't need mounts to have set speeds anymore.

One could even argue that mounts you have to work hard to get (such as the Social mount mentioned above) are slower than ones you can buy in the market, so that to some extent is pay to win.

I'd like to see all mounts made adaptable and for set speed mounts to become obsolete.

I could potentially see reserving some speeders at the 110% speed so you can't use them until you hit speeder license 3 (or make them adaptive and put a high level requirement on them), but keeping any speeders at 90% or 100% is not needed and a waste. In other words, make all speeders either adaptive or 110% only. Any 90% or 100% only speeders is not needed and lowers player choice/customization.

It's a big "so what?" issue. Who cares if some mounts go unused?

there's a big difference between "so what" and "absolutely not"

I'd like to know what is the reasoning behind "absolutely not" reaction.

as for so what... if you are that ambivalent, then why would the change bother you? its mounts. I don't see how giving people more cosmetic options and it would be purely cosmetic, since you already have plenty of adoptive speeders in game, so its about specific skins, not anything game breaking.

Two of the speeders that immediately pop into mind is the one that you can get from the Revan fight, which is a rank 2 speeder... And the one from the Chevin event, which is never supposed to come back.

I can see the reasons for having different speeds when the game launched, but with all Cartel Market speeders being adaptable, I think we're at a point where we simply don't need mounts to have set speeds anymore.

One could even argue that mounts you have to work hard to get (such as the Social mount mentioned above) are slower than ones you can buy in the market, so that to some extent is pay to win.

I'd like to see all mounts made adaptable and for set speed mounts to become obsolete.

The Avalanche Heavy Tank and Hyrotii Scrapper are two of the exceptions to this change which should be kept the way they are. The scrapper is slow because it's supposed to be, it's part broken, and the Tank is slow because it is not just almost impossible to get knocked off of, but completely impossible to get knocked off of.

My other exception is the Kurtob Alliance, from friend referrals. My only reason for using that speeder is because when an alt is leveling, that one can actually be used for 110% speed and excellent protection regardless of speeder level.

As long as these three are left alone, /signed.

there's a big difference between "so what" and "absolutely not"

I'd like to know what is the reasoning behind "absolutely not" reaction.

as for so what... if you are that ambivalent, then why would the change bother you? its mounts. I don't see how giving people more cosmetic options and it would be purely cosmetic, since you already have plenty of adoptive speeders in game, so its about specific skins, not anything game breaking.

Well the so what stance is just that. Some people just don't care if it happens or not.

But yeah, that -1 response is making me truly curious.

I don't want all of them to be adaptive for one reason:

Right now, I use one that nobody else does cuz it's slow. If it gets made into a 110% then a lot more people will us it and it won't be special anymore which means I won't be special anymore. I have a very rare speeder that makes it even more rare cuz almost nobody uses it, and I like that.

Besides, when does 110% *really* help you anyway? It's pretty much just park your car while on the fleet and it might take you 2s less with 110% to go from Combat Training to the GTM area, big deal. In ops/flashes it's stop-and-go anyway so it doesn't help at all. Unless you're actually racing from one side of the planet to the other and not using taxis or quick-travel the extra little speed is almost totally wasted for everything else.

If the speed increases were more like 100/150/200 *then* I can see why wanting it to be 200 instead of 100 would make a difference, but 90 to 110, it's just not anything to freak out over.

So, if you like a 90% speeder, then use it, the world isn't going to end cuz you got there a few seconds slower.

... And the one from the Chevin event, which is never supposed to come back.

QUOTE]

Funny, I just dug one up with the seeker droid the other day. It is bound when you get it, but it was the special treasure --- It was in Outlaw's Den.

... And the one from the Chevin event, which is never supposed to come back.

QUOTE]

Funny, I just dug one up with the seeker droid the other day. It is bound when you get it, but it was the special treasure --- It was in Outlaw's Den.

See, the thing about that is, when you put that together, it's not broken like the Chevin one, which is intentionally slow because it's half dead.

I know that the Chevin one is supposed to be broken down. Even still, I'd like to see it be adaptable. They could balance it opposite of the tank and make it extremely easy to get knocked off. (The speeder blows up.) I do agree that the tank should remain slower, unless they were to make it have a chance to be knocked off... That's balance.

Just my two credits, but I'm glad to see other people regard this favorably.