Scammed on the GTN

xxZiriusxx

I'm going to necro this thread to post a solution to this problem that I saw someone doing on BC.

For any crafting mat that you typically buy, post one unit of the mat on GTN for 1 billion credits, so that when you subsequently sort by unit price, your 1 billion price will be easy to see as the most expensive.

Not exactly a new piece of information either... thanks for the unhelpful necro.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to necro this thread to post a solution to this problem that I saw someone doing on BC.

For any crafting mat that you typically buy, post one unit of the mat on GTN for 1 billion credits, so that when you subsequently sort by unit price, your 1 billion price will be easy to see as the most expensive.

Is that why I see this on BC? I was wondering, since it seemed unlikely that someone was using the gtn to store one of each mat. Well bully to you unknown hero, bully I say.

Not exactly a new piece of information either... thanks for the unhelpful necro.

Its bot bait. there a number of bots that when used will buy everything in a category if not edited. leaving 1 up for 100million or so is just good old fashioned macro and bot click bait.

Edited by captpickles

Yea, that does seem to help. I have seen very large posts like this, I always assumed they were mechanisms to sell gold.

Wait... At first the necro post sounded like an identical idea to one that had been floating through all the overdone iterations of this subject. But those other posts were generally suggesting that someone puts up items at maxed out prices and continues reposting them as a public service so that blind buyers would be protected since they wouldn't be able to afford the first item on the list when they get into a high-to-low price sort. The way this necro post worded it, the idea is to only make a crazy posting of something specific that you are looking to buy to create that idiot-proofing for yourself only and it would be a one time deal just for that one purchase. (Everyone else can fend for themselves.)

New player here. I was just wondering if there's any resolution to this situation. I've been playing a few weeks to make creds to buy some unlock for when I go back to preferred after my month sub. I misread a listing of 5 turabium for 333k, instead of 333 credits and , well, i bought 5 for 1.9M. I understand the fault is mine and that was the intent of the scam, but am totally destroyed that my work for the last 3 weeks is gone in seconds. Is there a way to reverse this or any solution?

Thanks for any advice.

there is nothing to fix. the price was laid out in front of you and u paid it. if u made a mistake then no one cares...be less stupid.

You didn't get scammed... you just didn't pay attention.

... and it's a "scam" when they pay too much for something and yet it's NOT a scam when it's a "great deal seller is stupid" if they pay 500 credits for something that's normally 500,000.

They're more than happy to take advantage of an inattentive seller but if they mess up themselves they cry bloody murder when they should just learn their lesson and move on.

OP, it was not a scam, you just could not be bothered to read it correctly. there is a button to change the list in accordance to item prize per item, cost in total and cheapest first or most expensive. If you cannot be bothered to look and change then that's your fault, you even said as much in your post. It is by no means a scam. The fault is yours and yours alone.

actually its done that way on purpose because ppl do buy it

Wrong, you can change the list to how you want it. It is not done on purpose because the seller as no say in how you look at the items on the GTN. The fault is with the buyer and the buyer alone. I get real sick to death of players in this game or people in real life blaming others for there screw ups. What makes it even worse is that they don't even learn from there mistakes and do the same again and again while at the same time saying its others who are at fault.

Edited by DreadtechSavant