Scammed on the GTN

xxZiriusxx

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't mean it can't be a scam.

The various strawman arguments, silly.

You can keep saying that all you want but it doesn't make it true.

No it can't be a scam, because you have to willingly click confirm to buy it and you have all the information posted to you. Not paying attention to what your doing is your own fault no one elses.

Lol, keep calling it that, just means I'm winning since you can't refute mine.

No it can't be a scam, because you have to willingly click confirm to buy it and you have all the information posted to you. Not paying attention to what your doing is your own fault no one elses.

Most scams rely on the person being careless. Deception can still take place even with all of the information presented without error. No one says that it wasn't the OP's fault.

Lol, keep calling it that, just means I'm winning since you can't refute mine.

You can keep believing that if it makes you feel better about yourself. I'll continue to ignore your logical fallacies for what they are.

Most scams rely on the person being careless. Deception can still take place even with all of the information presented without error. No one says that it wasn't the OP's fault.

You can keep believing that if it makes you feel better about yourself. I'll continue to ignore your logical fallacies for what they are.

But there is no deception on the GTN.

You either buy it or you don't buy it.

So why is this a scam again? Is it the part about the OP seemingly trying to get his credits back after he got what he paid for? One of the oldest tricks in the book is the claim of i wasn't paying attention.

This entire thread all boils down to one thing.

Buyers Remorse

Nothing more.

What happens when you guys see something for 5 credits that normally goes for hundreds of thousands or millions of credits? Do you buy it and then return it to the seller saying "I think you made a mistake"? No. In fact, you most likely brag about the deal you got and how someone can be so stupid to sell it like that to general chat or at least your guild and friends.

You're more than happy to get something for cheap and 'scam' the seller, who has no confirmation dialog box to verify the selling price, and who clearly made an error but when it goes the other way, with confirmation dialog, you say the sky is falling and come here saying you were scammed and the seller is a scammer and want to lynch them.

We've all "got lucky" with a mistakenly bargain-priced item and we've all accidentally bought something in error, it happens, but freaking out cuz you "accidentally" bought something and coming here claiming the sky is falling over it is just a huge waste of time and energy.

TL;DR

It's a "scam" when it doesn't go your way, but it's a "score" when it does go you way. Hypocrisy much?

I didn't realize they called ignoring reality being "realistic". Kids these days.

And just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that no one's out to get me.

Considering you don't know the meaning of the word scam, it doesn't surprise me you don't know the meaning of the word realistic.

No one is out to get you on the gtn, because it just isn't possible.

-snip-

TL;DR

It's a "scam" when it doesn't go your way, but it's a "score" when it does go you way. Hypocrisy much?

Was the person who listed the item at the wrong price deceived by the person who bought it?

Considering you don't know the meaning of the word scam, it doesn't surprise me you don't know the meaning of the word realistic.

No one is out to get you on the gtn, because it just isn't possible.

More baseless claims. Such compelling arguments.

Edited by MillionsKNives

What happens when you guys see something for 5 credits that normally goes for hundreds of thousands or millions of credits? Do you buy it and then return it to the seller saying "I think you made a mistake"? No. In fact, you most likely brag about the deal you got and how someone can be so stupid to sell it like that to general chat or at least your guild and friends.

You're more than happy to get something for cheap and 'scam' the seller, who has no confirmation dialog box to verify the selling price, and who clearly made an error but when it goes the other way, with confirmation dialog, you say the sky is falling and come here saying you were scammed and the seller is a scammer and want to lynch them.

We've all "got lucky" with a mistakenly bargain-priced item and we've all accidentally bought something in error, it happens, but freaking out cuz you "accidentally" bought something and coming here claiming the sky is falling over it is just a huge waste of time and energy.

TL;DR

An interesting point.

So why is this a scam again? Is it the part about the OP seemingly trying to get his credits back after he got what he paid for? One of the oldest tricks in the book is the claim of i wasn't paying attention.

This entire thread all boils down to one thing.

Buyers Remorse

Nothing more.

I remember this one childhood friend of mine who always used that one, whenever he forgot to get his homework done for the weekend.

That and his german shepherd ate it.

Regardless, it was never, ever his fault. His own dog scammed him.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Your failure to see it doesn't mean it isn't there.

But it isn't there.

You can't be scammed on the GTN.

It just isn't possible.

Anything you buy on the GTN is a fair and agreed transaction.

If you mistakenly buy something for an amount that you weren't paying attention to, that is a mistake, not a scam.

You can't possibly "scam" anyone on the GTN. The only thing that can happen is someone doesn't read the numbers and they pay what they didn't expect to pay. Its quite literally impossible to scam, anyone.

You can't fix stupidity, willful ignorance or simple mistakes.