Korriban heroics - why are they daily?

Badbonez

I believe are two heroics on Korriban, Red Chamber and Armed & Dangerous. Both reward XP, some credits and an item of blue clothing. But there are no Lightside/Darkside alignment points nor commendations.

On the flip-side, Ord Mantell offers two daily quests. One rewards alignment points, the other commendations.

Hutta has 3 daily quests, but only one offers alignment points, the other two reward just clothing, XP, credits.

So what's the point of daily quests that don't offer either commendations or alignment points? (Except the obvious XP grind - or social points.) Why make them a daily option? Seems to me the Ord Mantell model is the ideal for daily heroic quests.

I'm interested in learning if I am missing something.

Thanks.

All heroics are daily. It makes for some nice leveling for those who don't rush through Korriban, but play a little one day, a little the next.

OK...you just read the title. I know what a heroic is, but what's the point, other than XP, if there are no commendations or alignment points?

OK...you just read the title. I know what a heroic is, but what's the point, other than XP, if there are no commendations or alignment points?

Other than XP? None I guess then. If they don't reward commendation or alignment points, the only reason to do them is for the XP, which I should say is way more than your average quest, which is why people do try to do them.

...what's the point, other than XP, if there are no commendations or alignment points?

There is no point. You bring up a very valid legitimate concern. However, the reality is heroics operate on a single 'global' rule that they are all daily. BW has not put any effort into specifically contextualizing these heroic or setting up individual rules, even though they should have. Because they are using that simple global rule, some heroics are slipping through the cracks of reason. A solution to your concern requires a level of quest design sophistication that, sadly, does not yet exist.

Edited by photoheathen

I've been asking this question my self for a while. Also been asking why you can use a Bounty Hunter or Agent and do one Heroic on Korriban but not use Warrior or Inquisitor and do any Heroics on Hutta.

Yeah, I noticed that too...but the reward was pointless.

• 2 weeks later...

Ord Mantell actually has 3 Heroics.

The Supply Run, Cutting of the Head, and shutting down jammer beacons. All of which will give you commendations. I was disappointed that the Korriban quests left off the choice for commendations.

• 4 years later...
I'm a sub, and I've been going back every day this week since Monday when I completed them, and it tells me to come back later because I've done them too recently. So I think they're now weekly. (This is in Korriban) Edited by HollowAmbitions
Forgot to mention area.

I'm a sub, and I've been going back every day this week since Monday when I completed them, and it tells me to come back later because I've done them too recently. So I think they're now weekly. (This is in Korriban)

All heroics are since 4.0.

Also... this thread is from 2011... ;)

Edited by Callaron

I believe are two heroics on Korriban, Red Chamber and Armed & Dangerous. Both reward XP, some credits and an item of blue clothing. But there are no Lightside/Darkside alignment points nor commendations.

On the flip-side, Ord Mantell offers two daily quests. One rewards alignment points, the other commendations.

Hutta has 3 daily quests, but only one offers alignment points, the other two reward just clothing, XP, credits.

So what's the point of daily quests that don't offer either commendations or alignment points? (Except the obvious XP grind - or social points.) Why make them a daily option? Seems to me the Ord Mantell model is the ideal for daily heroic quests.

I'm interested in learning if I am missing something.

Thanks.

They've always been daily. That's all I can say for heroics in general. But since I've played this game it has been this way.

All heroics are since 4.0.

Also... this thread is from 2011... ;)

Yeah. Just a couple days after launch. Don't think I've ever seen one this old get necro'd.

They've always been daily. That's all I can say for heroics in general. But since I've played this game it has been this way.

See above quote. Since 4.0 all heroics are weekly instead of daily.