conquest 35 000 target to high for casual players

loversoftwileks

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on.... Casual players get 50 free levels, bolster in events and in major locations, free endgame gear.... I think there's no danger of them forgetting the casual player.

hardcore players get ranked pvp and NIM modes. no chance of them getting forgotten. looks like the devs can go on another 6 month vacation.

hardcore players get ranked pvp and NIM modes. no chance of them getting forgotten. looks like the devs can go on another 6 month vacation.

Hmm, I'm not clear on your point. I think they've done a pretty good job of balancing very disparate needs of a wide range of players, myself, often where there's little to no overlap. The only part that's really gotten the short end of the stick is class content, but it would have been pretty hard to do something about that while digging out of the financial issue post launch and releasing some really large content additions with a shoestring staff. it's quite remarkable, really, and the only way to not see it as such is to blythely dismiss any content that doesn't suit one's personal playstyle as 'not content'

Edited by errant_knight

It's not for casual players.

Why is it every time they try to add something to keep players busy who play all day everyday, casuals complain about not being able to do it? Every item that costs a lot of credits, casuals want it cheaper. :rolleyes:

Oh by the way, you can craft your way to 35k. My guildie reached the cap the 1st day from crafting.

Casuals are the bread and butter of the gaming industry. They are the ones that will spend money hand over fist on a game. Get used to the fact jack that casuals are and will be the future of the industry in the 21st Century for a long time to come.

I don't mind the 35k goal so much, but it seems disproportionately high compared to the rewards. See here for my thread on the subject. If those gathering node decorations start appearing on the GTN, I'll probably just get them from there and save 15 hours per week of pointless grinding. Edited by DataBeaver

I think the rewards really aren't that high, unless you're doing it for the guild. It might be unpopular, but I think they should be giving out Dark Project components, and maybe even Dark Projects themselves(if you're in the top ten, maybe).

Also, I still think that

1) sister guilds should compete together (i.e. one faction has Sith Guys, mirror guild on the Republic = Jedi Girls). Both guilds have 300.000 points. They should be scored as one guild and have 600.000 together.

2) points should be legacy-wide, to be more friendly to people with more alts who want to do the ops/fp's/Makeb story on different characters.

3) guild should have 500(or 400?) unique accounts, not 500 characters, so that we could bring more alts to the guild and be 100% loyal to our guild.

(...) You can also go and do old Heroics on the contested worlds. JC got Alderaan this week and it has 7 old Heroics that are stupidly easy to solo for anyone at 55. That's 3500 points per day per character for about an hours worth of time. If all you did was the Heroics, you'd be at 24,500 points for the week.

The Random Daily gets you points. The 3 Randoms Weekly gets you points. The 5 Tacticals Weekly gets you points. The GF Ops gets you points.

It's hard for someone with 4-8-12-23 characters to get 35k points on each of them, but it's stupidly easy to get 35k points on a single character.

This post sumps up how easy it is to reach 35K on one character. Running the heroics (while killing 250 mobs on the way) and running a couple of flashpoints each day are far enough to reach your personal objective.

Edited by demotivator

People aren't thinking this through before asking for it to be lowered.

Any crafter can get 500 points, repeatedly, by crafting one of the new War Supplies items that get combined into an Invasion Force. The Invasion Force itself is worth 2000 points once per week.

Gather mats, craft.

You can also go and do old Heroics on the contested worlds. JC got Alderaan this week and it has 7 old Heroics that are stupidly easy to solo for anyone at 55. That's 3500 points per day per character for about an hours worth of time. If all you did was the Heroics, you'd be at 24,500 points for the week.

The Random Daily gets you points. The 3 Randoms Weekly gets you points. The 5 Tacticals Weekly gets you points. The GF Ops gets you points.

It's hard for someone with 4-8-12-23 characters to get 35k points on each of them, but it's stupidly easy to get 35k points on a single character.

Can't believe that I'm going to agree with you, but right is right. I personally think it is too low. I'm maxed out already without even trying. And that was from just crafting, decorating and doing a FP and a Tact FP. The only way a person isn't going to hit max is if they are standing on fleet doing nothing or just plain not logging in. It is retardedly easy to hit the cap.

It hardly seems difficult since all you have to do is play the game to earn points. Kill number of mobs on planet x: Jump on your alt on that planet if you want story and play. Run Heroics: check. Run flashpoints: check. Run Ops: Check. Craft them if you have them: Check.

All you have to do is play and you can earn 35k in 6 days easily.

^This, exactly. This also seems to be why a lot of the points aren't repeatable, e.g. 250 kills on a world under Conquest. You can do it once, and move on, you have a whole week to do the rest of it.

Why is this even an issue?

The personal reward from completion is pretty much crap.

The only interesting thing on that list is the box of random gathering mat decorations. And those have a huge limitation about how often they can be harvested. What use are they to someone who is too casual to earn the reward?

I'm not trying to troll, be a jerk, or anything like that ~ I just don't understand why anyone would be bothered about not being able to earn the reward.

Edited by Cleet_Xia

This post sumps up how easy it is to reach 35K on one character. Running the heroics (while killing 250 mobs on the way) and running a couple of flashpoints each day are far enough to reach your personal objective.

You don't even need to grind 250, you'll get them over the week if you just beat on a few extra mobs near the Heroics.

Sure, the stuff like taking down opposition faction turrets and droids will require a group or so, but it isn't essential.

And, I really like the way that the Crafting stuff uses up some materials that have been clogging my cargo bays forever :)

35000 points is fine. Some get it easily, some will have to work for it, that's the nature of a goal. For myself, I'm not even going to bother, as none of my crafting characters are played that often and aren't in a guild with a ship. I rarely have time to do operations, don't bother with pvp and don't have time to farm the heroics every single day.

That said, it's fine I won't be taking part. The stuff I do when I am logged in keeps me busy enough and will still make a contribution to the guild endeavor. And if I really want the resource node reward boxes, I'll just save up the mats I need to craft 35k points worth and get it over with in one session. Slower, sure, but I'm not exactly trying to compete with Darth Jones next door :)

Imagine this:

Hey dear Bioware. I know this is crazy but I'm a casual player that doesn't have enough time to play your game, especially operations.

I would like to finish Dread Palace, so could you allow us to fight the Dread Council right after entering the palace? You know, you could decrease the amount of rewards. It would be fair. Oh, and don't forget to let us solo it. I don't like to run through story with others. In KOTOR I could immerse into the game but people here write stupid stuff in chat before fighting bosses. You know, those MMO aspects suck and take too much time.

Edited by PavSalco

A tier system would not do any harm I think.

That being said, 35K seemed high to me at first but is doable with a moderate amount of work (obviously easier with guild ship invasion bonus).

However, I now have to decide which toon to focus on and that is inconvenient. I have one toon for GSF and ops (healer), another for flashpoints (tank) and a third for dailies and ops (dps). They are all in the same guild but in order to make sure I reach the 35K on at least one toon I need to focus on that one.

I'm pretty sure they tried to find a solution to that, since this is a very alt-friendly game. I really enjoy the conquest system so far, but I would really love to play with all my toons without the risk of not reaching the 35K.

A possible solution: Allow the transfer of conquest points between two alts as long as they are in the same guild.

So, 7 hours to get to 35K per toon. 21 hours for three toons. Not everone gets to play 21 hours per week.

35 hours for 5 toons. 154 hours for 22 toons. Not everyone gets to play 154 hours per week.

But seriously, what does the time it takes to max 3 toons have to do with anything? Also they said "by accident", meaning they obviously weren't trying to maximize their points. If you can get 20k by playing like normal and not even realizing it in 4 hours, I call that well done.

35 hours for 5 toons. 154 hours for 22 toons. Not everyone gets to play 154 hours per week.

But seriously, what does the time it takes to max 3 toons have to do with anything? Also they said "by accident", meaning they obviously weren't trying to maximize their points. If you can get 20k by playing like normal and not even realizing it in 4 hours, I call that well done.

I'm somewhere around 15k on my main, and so far I've spent 2-3 hours grinding the Alderaan heroics, which I would normally never do on a level 55 character and which give me no benefit aside from the conquest points. I also usually don't do tactical or level 50 flashpoints, though that might change for a while at least due to the decoration drops. I expect I'll have to grind for at least 5 more hours to reach 35k points.

The only thing I'm getting from all this grinding is a set of three gathering node decorations. They'd better be some damn fine nodes, or I'm never doing another conquest.