Dear Bioware....from a Progression raider

veSev

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am watching the stream from earlier today, since I was out running around, and I am a little bewildered by the system. Basically, they are giving the path for Disciplines that you cant alter. The variations come from the utilities. If that's correct, basically nothing changes from skill trees to Disciplines in terms of damage output. Personally, I think this will be a far easier way to adjust the balance of classes by forcing a path rather than having variations based on whether your PvP or PvE. What are your thoughts?

Btw grats on the kill Holm. Hopefully I can get back into a regular schedule for raiding and down it soon. Also, if anyone has a MH I am curious to see some screenshots, since torparse is still down, of what the average BiS parses are. I would like to think 4200 is possible, with a god-crit parse, but idk for sure. I am just hopeful that 4k is a standard with BiS.

So I am watching the stream from earlier today, since I was out running around, and I am a little bewildered by the system. Basically, they are giving the path for Disciplines that you cant alter. The variations come from the utilities. If that's correct, basically nothing changes from skill trees to Disciplines in terms of damage output. Personally, I think this will be a far easier way to adjust the balance of classes by forcing a path rather than having variations based on whether your PvP or PvE. What are your thoughts?

Btw grats on the kill Holm. Hopefully I can get back into a regular schedule for raiding and down it soon. Also, if anyone has a MH I am curious to see some screenshots, since torparse is still down, of what the average BiS parses are. I would like to think 4200 is possible, with a god-crit parse, but idk for sure. I am just hopeful that 4k is a standard with BiS.

VeSev with the buffs they are giving to sorc, I am throwing my current list in the trash. INSTEAD.

Raidwide Damaqe Reduction

Master Strike mobile thingie (MAybe even replace master strike with our own unique channel.

Blade Storm needs to hit like a truck.

Good to hear holms, lucky you got tyrans, i have to follow caly and bestia around the entire time. rip MS.

another note, and I quote,

"juggs will be able to fly in 3.0" - Yolo

super buffs going to all the already OP classes, love it.

Didnt the devs say 4.0? lol

So given the preview on the Sorcs, if we don't get a utility/passive to channel Master Strike while moving I'm going to cry tears of blood. lol.

I think a replacement power to either Master Strike or Blade Storm is likely (betting on later), similar to how Lightning Strike is replaced in Lightning. In fact I noticed in the Tython flashpoint some of the Jedi enemies had some new spin over the should slash move I didn't recognize. New animation for a new power or something left over from beta I don't remember?

Amazingly we'll be using alacrity assuming the DR isn't ridiculous. The fact we won't be primarily all power + accuracy is going to be interesting to test in order to find the sweet spot.

That said I'm sad there will be no PTS and only a closed beta. I'm expecting massive class imbalance on launch.

Edited by ArenCordial

It's a more honest system, as by the devs admission the skill trees provided the freedom for players to make choices that they didn't want them to make. The discipline system better reflects the game as the developers design it to be played, and will hopefully make for a more balanced game in the long run.

That's the key right there.

When I heard this system was more so to free up time I was on board. I mean less time devs spend balancing everything (+ hybrids) they don't come out with actual content and if this is what needs to happen in order for more regular content creation, do what you gotta do, I'll adjust.

Hmm, i kinda wonder if Unremitting will become a new Utility "Talent"... If it does... that would be cool and all, but i wonder if it would be OP... Eh, we still have yet to see what Guardian's are getting. I hope it's some cool things. though i am sad that Vigilance is not getting 2 abilities because for some retarded reason, our stance is in the skill tree, unless they are removing that and adding a new skill in place of our stance. Same for Invicible/Warding Call, seriously that should be a universal Guardian DCD... give Guardian/Jugg Tanks a new Threat based attack...

And, When Juggs Fly, Snipers will have a 0 CD, 0 Energy Cost off the GCD roll and Powertechs will have a OHKO Missile, keep dreaming people...

Edited by Kaos_KidSWTOR

Apparently agent, mercenary and sorc gettng an offensive raid new utility, so what other classes gonna have a defensive one ? Dude...

I figure Jugg, Powertech, and Assassin will get defensive ones so its 4 and 4. Makes sense I suppose since those are the tank classes.

We know the Gunslinger one is straight DR, assuming they haven't made changes to it.

Powertech will probably get a temporary HP/Endurance boost like their class buff. So what else can you do for straight defense that the whole raid could use? Boost to the Defense stat? Maybe a raid wide purge? There's less options in my mind defensively that the whole raid can make use of since most of the defensive stats really only apply to tanks.

Edited by ArenCordial

I figure Jugg, Powertech, and Assassin will get defensive ones so its 4 and 4. Makes sense I suppose since those are the tank classes.

We know the Gunslinger one is straight DR, assuming they haven't made changes to it.

Powertech will probably get a temporary HP/Endurance boost like their class buff. So what else can you do for straight defense that the whole raid could use? Boost to the Defense stat? Maybe a raid wide purge? There's less options in my mind defensively that the whole raid can make use of since most of the defensive stats really only apply to tanks.

I can think of more.

Raidwide heals taken increase OR absorb bubble.

I will be disappointed if we get a raid wide endure pain as our utility (think warrior's rallying cry from WoW). Not that it would be terrible, just a little uninspired.

The AoE taunt bubble being buffed and transplanted onto a new ability is what I'm hoping for.

Edited by Marb

I heared that Mercs are getting a 10% Alacrity Raid Wide Buff, I hope that Juggs get 10% DR Raid Wide or maybe a Raid Wide Crit + Surge Buff?

I'm also hoping that we get some cool skills for the new Disciplines, like maybe a replacement for Force Scream for Veng, Replacement for Sweeping Slash for Rage (and add said new skill to put it into our rotation) and maybe a Smash or Force Choke replacement for Immortal?

I heared that Mercs are getting a 10% Alacrity Raid Wide Buff, I hope that Juggs get 10% DR Raid Wide or maybe a Raid Wide Crit + Surge Buff?

I'm also hoping that we get some cool skills for the new Disciplines, like maybe a replacement for Force Scream for Veng, Replacement for Sweeping Slash for Rage (and add said new skill to put it into our rotation) and maybe a Smash or Force Choke replacement for Immortal?

10% DR is not enough, it's nowhere near equal the amount that can be gained from say gunslinger shield, heck transcendance itself is 15% defense AND a speedboost. No we need something more.

Sniper can provide 25% DR for 20 seconds every 3 minutes or 2:30 in Engineering. Pretty much a 40% DR for 10 seconds every rough 5 minutes would be along the grounds of fair. The AOE taunt bubble in turn should be a utility rather than a buffed version of our new utility. All and all we'll have to wait an see, they could even go down the path of giving jugg Bloodthrist and having every advanced class share each others utility which would be the better outcome.

I can only assume that our replacement abilities will be something for Ravage in Vengeance and something for Smash in Rage, but to be honest, one of the specs getting a replacement for scream is very likely.

Edited by Luckygunslinger

Sniper can provide 25% DR for 20 seconds every 3 minutes or 2:30 in Engineering. Pretty much a 40% DR for 10 seconds every rough 5 minutes would be along the grounds of fair. The AOE taunt bubble in turn should be a utility rather than a buffed version of our new utility. All and all we'll have to wait an see, they could even go down the path of giving jugg Bloodthrist and having every advanced class share each others utility which would be the better outcome.

I can only assume that our replacement abilities will be something for Ravage in Vengeance and something for Smash in Rage, but to be honest, one of the specs getting a replacement for scream is very likely.

I was saying Scream for Veng because it's our lowest damage filler (Barring Vicious Slash) and Lightning got Lightning Bolt which is an upgrade to Lightning Strike. and Sweeping Slash for Rage, because it's our AOE DPS tree so more AOE is always good. and Smash for the tank tree would make some amount of sense, wouldnt it?

I was saying Scream for Veng because it's our lowest damage filler (Barring Vicious Slash) and Lightning got Lightning Bolt which is an upgrade to Lightning Strike. and Sweeping Slash for Rage, because it's our AOE DPS tree so more AOE is always good. and Smash for the tank tree would make some amount of sense, wouldnt it?

Sweeping Slash would be useless unless Rage is rebuilt to use it more rotation safely.

Sweeping Slash would be useless unless Rage is rebuilt to use it more rotation safely.

Would be nice if they did add in a new passive to Focus to make Sweeping Slash viable so that we have more than 1 AOE every 12 secs. The problem you face then is making it a more viable AOE spec than most considering you can basically spam Sweeping Slash if it acted in the same manner as Slash does.

Edit: Well not that I think more on it, can spamming a 3-4k attack be that OP compared to other AOE specs. Looking at PT/Vanguards the DFA/MV hits for 2-3k per tick and same with Flamethrower over a 3 second period. MV has a 1 mind CD and Flamethrower has a 15 sec (?) CD. So if they simply changed to ability in the passive for lowering CD on CF/FS/ZL would be a good deal.

Edited by veSev

Exactly. If I had to guess it would be

Immortal - Sweeping Slash

Vengeance - Force Scream

Rage - Viscous Slash

But while were are dreaming about utility powers, how about a raid wide Saber Reflect? Brings to mind the sole Jedi standing between his friends deflecting everything heading their way. Will never happen but would thematically awesome.