TOR vs WildStar

mortenpro

90% of my OP was fair comparison. The last words were "trolling", but yeah, I was frustrated.

No it wasn't and you won't acknowledge that. Most of your OP was just your subjective experiences but they are not indicative of how others felt about that game.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it wasn't and you won't acknowledge that. Most of your OP was just your subjective experiences but they are not indicative of how others felt about that game.

Subjective experience would be: "Omg, TOR has a crap graphics". Like I said before, this thread is addressed to BioWare, so I don't really have to answer your unfounded accusations. You can't prove that my arguments were bad, so you will try to make me feel bad. And who is troll here? You are trolls, not me. Say whatever you want about me, I don't really care. I know that I'm not a troll and that's enough.

I know that Spider-Man belongs to Marvel, and Batman belongs to DC. Does it matter? No. In Star Wars, you have lightsabers, force, ships, hyperspace, lasers, a lot of different worlds, creatures... How can you even compare those two things?

I prefer and know more about this one thing. that means everyone else also knows more and prefers the same thing I do!

this is literally what you are saying and there is NOTHING objective about it.

Subjective experience would be: "Omg, TOR has a crap graphics". Like I said before, this thread is addressed to BioWare, so I don't really have to answer your unfounded accusations. You can't prove that my arguments were bad, so you will try to make me feel bad. And who is troll here? You are trolls, not me. Say whatever you want about me, I don't really care. I know that I'm not a troll and that's enough.

You have a victim complex. And please spare me your rather pathetic attempt at side stepping. This thread does NOT belong to you and saying it is addressed to Bioware only is stupid because any thread made at any time will get replies no matter what. Lol making you feel bad? Is someone feeling guilty? No I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but your Arguments? What arguments? You have not made a single argument at all.

All you have done is say what you like and how bad something else is, then saying anyone who disagrees is stupid. So if anyone is acting like a troll it would be you. Oh and unfounded accusations? I think they're pretty valid seeing as though you have proven that you go back on what you say them act defensively when called out on it.

You have a victim complex. And please spare me your rather pathetic attempt at side stepping. This thread does NOT belong to you and saying it is addressed to Bioware only is stupid because any thread made at any time will get replies no matter what. Lol making you feel bad? Is someone feeling guilty? No I'm not trying to make you feel bad, but your Arguments? What arguments? You have not made a single argument at all.

All you have done is say what you like and how bad something else is, then saying anyone who disagrees is stupid. So if anyone is acting like a troll it would be you. Oh and unfounded accusations? I think they're pretty valid seeing as though you have proven that you go back on what you say them act defensively when called out on it.

I love this website so much. You know that you are making yourself even bigger troll writing those stupid things? What are you trying to prove? What is your goal? Can you explain why my ideas are stupid? Why my arguments were not objective? Because you didn't like them? Yeah, sure.

Like I said, I'm feeling ok with myself, so if you're trying to crush me, sorry, it won't work. I know, that's very sad :)

Now you know why I wrote in my OP that I won't discuss with you. That's why. I already knew how toxic TOR community is.

And yeah, this is my thread, so if you don't like it, go away.

Sadly I can't send private message to BioWare. I have to share my ideas on this website.

This is my last post here. Bye, bye! :) Sorry, guys, but I'm feeling so defeated. I just want to cry. I can't handle this any longer. Yeah, now I'm trolling.

Edited by mortenpro

I love this website so much. You know that you are making yourself even bigger troll writing those stupid things? What are you trying to prove? What is your goal? Can you explain why my ideas are stupid? Why my arguments were not objective? Because you didn't like them? Yeah, sure.

Like I said, I'm feeling ok with myself, so if you're trying to crush me, sorry, it won't work. I know, that's very sad :)

Now you know why I wrote in my OP that I won't discuss with you. That's why. I already knew how toxic TOR community is.

And yeah, this is my thread, so if you don't like it, go away.

Sadly I can't send private message to BioWare. I have to share my ideas on this website.

This is my last post here. Bye, bye! :) Sorry, guys, but I'm feeling so defeated. I just want to cry. I can't handle this any longer. Yeah, now I'm trolling.

As a great man once said in demolition man "whats your bogle"

I think you're wasting your time here, theUndead.

The OP obviously created the thread at a moment when he felt like he needed to trash SWTOR and, like many others, returned to it after Wildstar failed to live up to the impossible expectations the Devs and the community had created for it. Wildstar's empty, pre-merger servers and a forum full of "bye bye" threads are a testament to that.

Think of it like this:

It's like having a girlfriend that you've grown tired of. She's cute and everything but you've began to notice all the little things that never bothered you before. So you meet someone new and you think to yourself "she's SO much better than my current girlfriend". So, you break up, you write a stupid letter to your now ex-girfriend saying that she sucks and you move in with your new girlfriend. A couple of months later you discover that she isn't all that great after all but you've already made a fool of yourself when you left her so it's just hard to go back without finding some indirect way to approach her again.

And for what it's worth, the OP is as subjective as it gets.

Personally, I could care less about half the things he listed (Day and Night Cycle is nice, but what's even nicer is NOT having to look at a Ratchet & Clank world while playing) and the other half are the reasons I would never play Wildstar (the combat system seems horrible, housing is a mini-game and would never be the reason I play a game - unless that game was Sims).

So, yeah OP, you can have your preferences. Don't try to pass them as "fair comparison" though.

Edited by TheNahash

Sorry, but Star Wars is much more powerful Universe. In my opinion, this is the most powerful Universe ever created, next to Harry Potter.

Wait.. What?

Middle Earth takes that cake. It's far and away the best universe ever created. It's influence ranges much further than the combined reach of the two you're referring to. The storytelling is amazing and the depth of the universe that Tolkien created rivals that of Greek mythology.

Wait.. What?

Middle Earth takes that cake. It's far and away the best universe ever created. It's influence ranges much further than the combined reach of the two you're referring to. The storytelling is amazing and the depth of the universe that Tolkien created rivals that of Greek mythology.

Not that I'm disagreeing tht tokens middle earth is highly influential but he did draw most of his ideas for classic European folklore and literature. He only popularized fantasy he didn't invent it.

Wait.. What?

Middle Earth is an amalgam of bits and pieces lifted from various western mythologies, including Greek. Northern European mythology was by far Tolkien's biggest source, stuff like the sagas/eddas/kalevala.

For example, check out the Poetic Edda specifically the Voluspå. That's where he got the names for the 13 dwarves in The Hobbit.

Edited by Projawa

The OP obviously created the thread at a moment when he felt like he needed to trash SWTOR and, like many others, returned to it after Wildstar failed to live up to the impossible expectations the Devs and the community had created for it. Wildstar's empty, pre-merger servers and a forum full of "bye bye" threads are a testament to that.

Think of it like this:

It's like having a girlfriend that you've grown tired of. She's cute and everything but you've began to notice all the little things that never bothered you before. So you meet someone new and you think to yourself "she's SO much better than my current girlfriend". So, you break up, you write a stupid letter to your now ex-girfriend saying that she sucks and you move in with your new girlfriend. A couple of months later you discover that she isn't all that great after all but you've already made a fool of yourself when you left her so it's just hard to go back without finding some indirect way to approach her again.

Personally, I could care less about half the things he listed (Day and Night Cycle is nice, but what's even nicer is NOT having to look at a Ratchet & Clank world while playing) and the other half are the reasons I would never play Wildstar (the combat system seems horrible, housing is a mini-game and would never be the reason I play a game - unless that game was Sims).

So, yeah OP, you can have your preferences. Don't try to pass them as "fair comparison" though.

You're probably right Nahash. I am wasting my time and considering his most recent defensive reply, I think I made my point enough. It just gets on my nerves when people preach a point of view then do the direct opposite. The hypocrisy angers me.

Yeah his so called fair assessment of the game really went down well didn't it.

1. Ability to set role for every Raid (Ops) member

TOR: 0 (you need to remember who is who)

WildStar: 2

Additional commentary: In WildStar, you have much more expanded Loot Management. Also, if I'm correct, you can't need on item if you can't use it.

2. Trading - Ability to bid items and place a custom order

TOR: 0 (you need to spam on chat for hours and hours if you want to buy something for a cheaper price)

Additional commentary: In WildStar you have much more filters.

3. Addons Support

TOR: 0.5

WildStar: 2 (In WildStar, you have built-in game addons support)

4. Ability to customize mounts

TOR: 0

5. Dye System

WildStar: 2 (In Wildstar, you have 3-step dye system, compared to 2-step dye system in TOR. Also, dyes are not consumed on use, if I'm correct)

6. Day and night cycle

TOR: 0

WildStar: 2 (really immersive feature)

7. Leveling

TOR: 1 (Quests in TOR, besides voice acting, don't have anything special. After playing a while, they're becoming very repeatable and depressing. Story in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was amazing, in TOR... is just acceptable)

WildStar: 2 (In WIldStar, besides normal quests, you have events, challenges and path missions. Leveling is really fun)

8. Game engine

WildStar: 2 (In WildStar, you can play 40vs40 PVP matches, while in TOR you have lags on 16-man Operation)

9. Housing

WildStar: 2 (Housing in WildStar is much more expanded)

10. Crafting

TOR: 1

WildStar: 2 (Crafting in WildStar is so much fun! It's almost like a mini-game)

11. Combat

TOR: 1.5 (Combat is the strongest part of TOR)

WildStar: 2 (Combat in WildStar is totally different, but... funnier than in TOR)

12. Guilds

TOR: 1

WildStar: 2 (In WildStar, you can set Guild Holomark, Guild Tax and unlock Guild Perks)

13. ???

There are probably more differences, but I have to discover them!

Final result:

TOR 6.5 : 24 WildStar

So... what's so special about TOR? Nothing! The only special thing in this game is Star Wars Universe.

I'm very happy that I left TOR. I love Star Wars, but there is no point in playing game with this lack of good solutions and ideas.

I will never return to this game, unless it will catch up with WIldStar, which - as we all know - will never happen :)

I will not discuss with you nor read your replies. I just wanted to show you how poor TOR really is :) I know that you will still play this game.

May the Force be with you!

YOU MAY NOT READ THIS BUT FOR ME, I AM SAYING IT.

IT'S ALL HEAR SAY! EVERYTHING YOU SAID IS, HEAR SAY!

I know nothing of Wildstar, so i can not confirm or deny your words. So with that said. its Hear Say.

How did TOR get anything above 0.0 on "Game engine"? And WS beating TOR on leveling contradicts everything I've been told. I also think the points made were a bit unfair towards TOR, because it has aspects that are really good. What BioWare did right, they did best in the buisness. Sadly those things are heavily outweighed by what they screwed up, such as game engine.

Think of it like this:

SWTOR has had just as much if not more bye bye threads as wildstar, and just because they merged the servers doesn't mean the game is dying.

SWTOR has had just as much if not more bye bye threads as wildstar, and just because they merged the servers doesn't mean the game is dying.

It did. Quite likely because, not unlike Carbine, Bioware's devs and SW fans overhyped it.

Plus, this game also had server merges. And trust me when I say that many servers before merges where half-empty at best.

However, it had one more thing that probably ended up saving this game and will quite likely end up killing Wildstar unless they change their mind on - it went F2P.

And restricting as it is, hated as the Cartel Market might be it DID end up saving this game from a slow, painful death.

Edited by TheNahash

Meging of servers very MUCH means the game is dying.

Q 3. Are you doing Megaservers because of declining server population?

The increased server capacity to cope with the launch rush is no longer required. Megaservers allow us to increase player capacity per server so you will always have plenty of people to play with.

The above quote is from one of the devs of wildstar

Just because wildstar doesn't do it to late like SWTOR doesn't mean the game is dying.

Edited by Cordarn

The above quote is from one of the devs of wildstar

Just because wildstar doesn't do it to late like SWTOR doesn't mean the game is dying.

You're in denial. Megaservers are done to consolidate the remaining population. The devs just won't use the exact wording because of backlash. But, yes it means the game is very much dying. And if you so sure why you not over there playing it?