TOR vs WildStar

mortenpro

You know why I decided to not comment in this thread? Because of people like you. My list is not foolish. WildStar is way better than TOR in many ways. All you can say is that I'm stupid troll. Why? Because you don't have any arguments to prove me wrong. I'm referring to all people answering in this thread.

And yeah, the main reason why so many people are playing this game is Star Wars Universe and also memories of KotOR.

Honestly, your list is stupid. It is blatantly clear that it favors Wildstar over TOR, which is why you get a lot of comments saying you're a troll.

The main reason people play this game is different for everyone. Just like how people play WoW for different reasons.

Sorry, but Star Wars is much more powerful Universe.

How do you know? Do you have some sort of measuring device that measures how "powerful" a universe is? I didn't think so. A MMO that has a "powerful universe" backing it doesn't mean a damn thing.

For example, lets look at DC Entertainment. They are extremely popular. They have live action movies, animated movies, TV shows, video games, merchandise, novels, and of course, comics. Hell, they own 2 of the most iconic characters in the entertainment industry today (Batman and Superman), not to mention plenty of other popular characters such as Green Lantern, The Joker, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, and Flash. Yet despite all this, DC's MMO (DCUO) is no where near a top contender on the MMO market.

Edited by Essence_of_Light

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For example, lets look at DC Entertainment. They are extremely popular. They have live action movies, animated movies, TV shows, video games, merchandise, novels, and of course, comics. Hell, they own 2 of the most iconic characters in the entertainment industry today (Batman and Superman), not to mention plenty of other popular characters such as Green Lantern, The Joker, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, and Flash. Yet despite all this, DC's MMO (DCUO) is no where near a top contender on the MMO market.

I like Batman, Spider-Man and all that stuff, but sorry, heroes trying to save almost normal city is not Universe.

I like Batman, Spider-Man and all that stuff, but sorry, heroes trying to save almost normal city is not Universe.

This makes it obvious you're a troll. You might want to put more effort in hiding it. Ever heard of the terms, the Marvel UNIVERSE or the DC UNIVERSE. :rolleyes: Hence the name of DC's MMO, DCUO... DC Universe Online. :rolleyes:

2/10. Try harder next time.

This makes it obvious you're a troll. You might want to put more effort in hiding it. Ever heard of the terms, the Marvel UNIVERSE or the DC UNIVERSE. :rolleyes:

2/10. Try harder next time.

I know that Spider-Man belongs to Marvel, and Batman belongs to DC. Does it matter? No. In Star Wars, you have lightsabers, force, ships, hyperspace, lasers, a lot of different worlds, creatures... How can you even compare those two things?

And who is a troll here? :) Pathetic.

Not really. You said they don't have have any of those things that Star Wars has, but on the contrary they do. Let's look at Marvel's new movie, Guardians of the Galaxy, for example. Laser guns? Check. Spaceships? Check. Aliens? Check. Other planets (not in our solar system)? Check. The only things missing are Lightsabers and The Force, which aren't part of Marvel.

Anyways, I'm done feeding you, little troll. Sadly, without my food, you'll starve. Unless if someone else comes and feeds the troll. :rolleyes:

Oh, and welcome to my ignore list. Enjoy your stay.

Not really. You said they don't have have any of those things that Star Wars has, but on the contrary they do. Let's look at Marvel's new movie, Guardians of the Galaxy, for example. Laser guns? Check. Spaceships? Check. Aliens? Check. Other planets (not in our solar system)? Check. The only things missing are Lightsabers and The Force, which aren't part of Marvel.

Anyways, I'm done feeding you, little troll. Sadly, without my food, you'll starve. Unless if someone else comes and feeds the troll. :rolleyes:

Still, Star Wars is much more expanded in my opinion.

I'm not a troll, I have never been, and never will be. Want to ignore me? I don't care. I started this thread for BioWare, not for you.

And remember, we are comparing WildStar to TOR, not TOR to DC Universe Online.

To be honest, Force is a key feature of Star Wars.

Edited by mortenpro

Still, Star Wars is much more expanded in my opinion.

I'm not a troll, I have never been, and never will be. Want to ignore me? I don't care. I started this thread for BioWare, not for you.

Bioware doesn't want you back, she told me.. You left her jilted at the altar for that crazy minx Wildstar.. You should be ashamed.

Bioware doesn't want you back, she told me.. You left her jilted at the altar for that crazy minx Wildstar.. You should be ashamed.

BioWare finally started to make some interesting changes in the game, and I hope they will continue this.

I will play the expansion, and then I will leave again, because this game still need a lot of changes.

Edited by mortenpro

BioWare finally started to make some interesting changes in the game, and I hope they will continue this.

I will play the expansion, and then I will leave again, because this game still need a lot of changes.

No this game doesn't need disingenuous players like you flip flopping all the time on games.

No this game doesn't need disingenuous players like you flip flopping all the time on games.

You are so funny :) I have been playing TOR since beta and I was subscriber for many, many months. This is the only MMO I have ever played, except for WildStar. So don't judge me if you don't know anything about me :)

Edited by mortenpro

warhammer is one of the oldest most expansive intellectual properties out there that's been used in games... nearly as old as Star Wars. didn't save Warhammer MMO any. and neither did star wars label save Galaxies (and no, the game was dying LONG before SWTOR came along). ESO is sort of limping along despite being set in a universe with a very large number of existing fans.

warhammer may be old but its not as big and dosent reach out to as many people as star wars. warhammer's target demographic was much smaller and narrower than say star wars and star trek. YES the star wars label did save Galaxies! it saved it from closing down 6 months after the NGE hit! ESO is a lot like SWG:NGE its horrible, the only thing that will keep it aflote is the die hard elder scroll fans just like SWG stayed afloat with the super die hard star wars fans, the thing this game has that those two have are not only die hard star wars fans but you also have the biodrones who are oober super dooper die hard bioware fans.

You are so funny :) I have been playing TOR since beta and I was subscriber for many, many months. This is the only MMO I have ever played, except for WildStar. So don't judge me if you don't know anything about me :)

Considering your bias ill informed OP and your unwillingness to listen to ANYONE, I feel justified in judging you because you show what type of person you are in the way you post.

Considering your bias ill informed OP and your unwillingness to listen to ANYONE, I feel justified in judging you because you show what type of person you are in the way you post.

Everyone can be frustrated. We are all just humans. And yeah, I was really frustrated when I wrote OP. I have my reasons, but I don't have to share them with you.

Good Lord, if Wildstar is all that and a bag of chips - why aren't you playing that game? Never you mind that it's dying (or dead at this point), never you mind that the game was targeted for an audience that really doesn't exist anymore.

Heck, play the Beta and you'd think, 'Nice, but no'.

Good Lord, if Wildstar is all that and a bag of chips - why aren't you playing that game? Never you mind that it's dying (or dead at this point), never you mind that the game was targeted for an audience that really doesn't exist anymore.

Heck, play the Beta and you'd think, 'Nice, but no'.

WildStar just showed me how poor TOR is in many ways. That's all. I wrote OP because I wanted TOR to grow and beat WildStar. Is that really so hard to understand?

Edited by mortenpro

Everyone can be frustrated. We are all just humans. And yeah, I was really frustrated when I wrote OP. I have my reasons, but I don't have to share them with you.

I didn't ask you to share your reasons with me. However, I refuse to believe you wrote your OP when you were frustrated because at the end you said, "TOR will never catch up to WildStar" then you said you knew we would still play this game meaning you knew that we would not accept your so called "reasons". Also you said you would NOT discuss or read the replies which obviously you are doing now. So again that tells me that you are disingenuous and only wrote the OP to provoke.

I didn't ask you to share your reasons with me. However, I refuse to believe you wrote your OP when you were frustrated because at the end you said, "TOR will never catch up to WildStar" then you said you knew we would still play this game meaning you knew that we would not accept your so called "reasons". Also you said you would NOT discuss or read the replies which obviously you are doing now. So again that tells me that you are disingenuous and only wrote the OP to provoke.

Yeah, because, like I said, I was frustrated and I didn't want to go back to TOR. Why I changed my mind? Because BioWare is making cool changes and that give me hope that maybe this game still has a chance to shine. It doesn't mean that I will play as much as I was playing, because they still have some work to do. I will only play the expansion.

So the reason why I'm answering in this thread is basically "new hope" .

Besides, we don't need to talk about my character. We should talk about the game.

Edited by mortenpro

"Unwillingness to listen". To what? There is not a single constructive criticism/approval in this whole thread (ok, there is one, amazing). Pretty much only trolls and people offending the OP, that have completely no point and give no argument. "You are stupid OP" "Can I haz yer stuff plz?" "Star wars is better, /thread", do tell me, what he should listen to? No need to answer that again. Funny you mention "bias" when he just shows good features of Wildstar that ToR DON'T HAVE and could use or features that are more complex than what ToR offers. It doesn't matter that you think that these features would be useless if they could be used and appreciated by people(like buy/sell order, you probably don't care about it but some would be happy to have it), they would make the game more enjoyable for some people, is that a bad thing? Of course, adding end game content is more important, but given that this is an MMO, they should be working on both Quality of Life enhancements and content. Like, they never added gear presets and tree profiles, two nice things that many people requested. Anyway, OP should have known better than to post a thread like this on a game forum, it's obvious people will be biased towards the game they play, he would be better off posting that on some mmo discussing forum. But he said he did it so Bioware might notice it and think about it and that's all he cared about, which is fair enough.

"Unwillingness to listen". To what? There is not a single constructive criticism/approval in this whole thread (ok, there is one, amazing). Pretty much only trolls and people offending the OP, that have completely no point and give no argument. "You are stupid OP" "Can I haz yer stuff plz?" "Star wars is better, /thread", do tell me, what he should listen to? No need to answer that again. Funny you mention "bias" when he just shows good features of Wildstar that ToR DON'T HAVE and could use or features that are more complex than what ToR offers. It doesn't matter that you think that these features would be useless if they could be used and appreciated by people(like buy/sell order, you probably don't care about it but some would be happy to have it), they would make the game more enjoyable for some people, is that a bad thing? Of course, adding end game content is more important, but given that this is an MMO, they should be working on both Quality of Life enhancements and content. Like, they never added gear presets and tree profiles, two nice things that many people requested. Anyway, OP should have known better than to post a thread like this on a game forum, it's obvious people will be biased towards the game they play, he would be better off posting that on some mmo discussing forum. But he said he did it so Bioware might notice it and think about it and that's all he cared about, which is fair enough.

Did you read the OP's openeing post? Tell me, can you honestly tell me that it was constructive or was it rather just a showcase of what WS does better. No, if it was constructive then people on this thread would not have reacted the way they did. No he wrote the post as a form of saying this game is terrible compared to WS. I do not think for a moment it was done to specifically get the devs attention but rather bash this game which if you read the post it did before exiting.

Now I will agree with you that quality of life things are good yes, and they should be added too but giving experiences of what is different in another game while simultaneously bashing this game was not constructive in the least bit. Also you have to understand that people at least in this thread are entitled to disagree and say why SW is better. Perhaps some, even myself, went overboard a little but that was the nature of the OP and thus people acted accordingly.

I am not saying that the OP is not allowed to post an opinion, but I am saying that if you are going to compare another game on this forum do so tastefully, what the OP did, was in my view far from it.

Yeah, because, like I said, I was frustrated and I didn't want to go back to TOR. Why I changed my mind? Because BioWare is making cool changes and that give me hope that maybe this game still has a chance to shine. It doesn't mean that I will play as much as I was playing, because they still have some work to do. I will only play the expansion.

So the reason why I'm answering in this thread is basically "new hope" .

Besides, we don't need to talk about my character. We should talk about the game.

Alright, fair enough. Let us discuss the game rather.

All I saw was on the first page was "lol, you guys play a crap game, and should feel bad for playing it, I'm going to be a troll and offer highly opinionated and subjective reasons why TOR suxs before I leave where I'm not going to respond to nothing, later bros"

He wanted to offer criticism? Than the least he could have done is manned up and tend to the topic instead of basically giving everyone the finger in the OP and leaving it as a rage quit post. I at least somewhat respected those who stayed behind to discuss their rage quit, not the cowards way out.

If I offered any post like the rage quit post like OP did, I wouldn't be back on the forums, because I would be a huge hypocrite for coming back if I basically gave everyone the finger for liking this game.

Edited by Nickious