They took the coolest force move out, before the game even launched.

OrionSol

That's a matter of opinion really. Personally I'll take the shotguns from scrapper over the knives of concealment. I know some people that like sentinel animations over marauder etc....

Agreed on the Knight - I prefer their animations to what was given to the Warrior (the dark side versions just look silly imo).

Other than that, perhaps gunslingers have it better, at least sharpshooters.

In any case, it is a matter of opinion. But, from observations in in game, most people tend to like Imperial armor and animations better since launch. It's not the only factor in faction imbalance, but it is a very large one.

And for Consulars, I don't think too many would disagree. Inquisitors have way better animations across the board. Force wind/pebbles vs. Lightning, and everything else derived?

Edited by arunav

Overload *sniffs* was feeling like a ninja running around and jumping in the air while moving.

Feelt like the fun part of a nightelf on swtor world!

Again nerfed cause of pvp :( and even the new overload doesn't work for me often.

Why did they have to nerf such a fabulous fun ability! Cause of pvp.

Tired all the wonderfull stuff dissapears cause of eh pvp balance.

The now Targeted AoE smash, makes my juggernaut feel so worthless in running around.

While understandable for pvp, still makes RPishe and Fun thing to do meaningless.

Overload was one of those iconic abilities that should have never been touched. It's one of the few things they did right with the original design, and the change destroyed it IMO. Now it just looks like a joke IMO.

I'm not against disabling it in PVP....in PVP it caused real problems that needed to be addressed. I'm only against the idea of making a change that ONLY BENEFITED a very small portion of the playerbase at the expense of the rest of the players. It was a really foolish move IMO. And continues to be every day it remains in it's current state.

One example of many that demonstrates, IMO, that in some ways the actual designers of this game had little to no idea what caused folks to be drawn to this game in the first place.

This blunder, IMO mind you, needs to be corrected as soon as possible.

It was crazy to watch this breakdown video, people really expected a lot from this game based of the way it was advertised.

Well, most if not all of what was shown in this video made it to the game.

The abilities used seem to be Force in Balance, Force Stun, Force Wave (with its old animation), Project (with its old animation), Telekinetic Throw, Revival and Tumult (or was it called differently for Reps? I don't remember anymore).

Force Wave's animation changed because the effect changed. Project's animation changed because Shock applied faster to the target and Tumult was removed because...well... it was kinda fun to watch (albeit a little awkward) but sort of useless for a ranged DPS/Healer class. They could've kept it, but the same could be said about the Agent/Smuggler abilities that were also removed because they didn't feel like they had any real effect.

I don't disagree that people expected a lot (in fact, they expected it to be the Second Coming) but this video doesn't really show where Bioware let them down.

Edited by TheNahash

The abilities used seem to be Force in Balance, Force Stun, Force Wave (with its old animation), Project (with its old animation), Telekinetic Throw, Revival and Tumult (or was it called differently for Reps? I don't remember anymore).

Force Wave's animation changed because the effect changed. Project's animation changed because Shock applied faster to the target and Tumult was removed because...well... it was kinda fun to watch (albeit a little awkward) but sort of useless for a ranged DPS/Healer class. They could've kept it, but the same could be said about the Agent/Smuggler abilities that were also removed because they didn't feel like they had any real effect.

I don't disagree that people expected a lot (in fact, they expected it to be the Second Coming) but this video doesn't really show where Bioware let them down.

I wasn't trying to say it was a "let down", let's not get too much off topic here; but I do want to make this point

SWTOR advertises and builds hype for all of its content, when it's often unnecessary. A lot of the fights and scenes in the class videos are not from the game.

They only offer little glimpses and teasers until they release the stuff of the test server which just gets everyone imaginations and anticipation running in overload. They didn't say much about GSF update until it was more or less out

The reason I feel it's unnecessary is because these recent updates like GSF and now the housing were and are free.

I would rather they were just straight with us and instead of teasers they played development videos then we would know what to expect, because it's still good stuff

SWTOR advertises and builds hype for all of its content, when it's often unnecessary.

Building hype is NEVER unnecessary.

I think you're confusing it with people overhyping stuff by wishing they were exactly like they wanted and then being disappointed that they weren't.

It's their job to create and advertise the game. It's our job to not overhype it and keep wishful thinking to a minimum.

A lot of the fights and scenes in the class videos are not from the game.

Where does it say they are?

It's a cinematic that's using the game's engine to advertise the different abilities of the Consular class. Why in the world would they ever want to include scenes from the actual class story and spoil it? Plus, the graphics are actually pretty close to what we have.

I'm sorry but this sounds like someone complaining that they ordered a work out machine off the TV and didn't receive the hot girl advertising it on the package.

Advertisement is about making things look prettier and more enticing than they actually are.

If people don't get that, I suspect being "let down" from an MMO will be the least of their problems.

Edited by TheNahash

All classes had those pve only abilities that got removed. Why BioWare removed them is beyond me. I mean, ya sure you couldn't really use them in raids and you couldn't use them at all in pvp, but I loved having them for dailies. Back in the day they hit like a truck, like 5-6k truck when 5-6k was a huge hit.

All classes had those pve only abilities that got removed. Why BioWare removed them is beyond me. I mean, ya sure you couldn't really use them in raids and you couldn't use them at all in pvp, but I loved having them for dailies. Back in the day they hit like a truck, like 5-6k truck when 5-6k was a huge hit.

Again, the Kick was the only melee-based ability worth being used by a Sage / Sorcerer.

The satisfaction of using Project / Shock on an enemy, run next to him and use the Kick ability was satisfying as hell. Same with Shoulder Slam for my Powertech. :D

Regardless, as you said, they could ONLY(!) be used in PvE scenarios and as such, Bioware deemed they were not worth having. I do agree it sounds dumb though.

Again, the Kick was the only melee-based ability worth being used by a Sage / Sorcerer.

The satisfaction of using Project / Shock on an enemy, run next to him and use the Kick ability was satisfying as hell. Same with Shoulder Slam for my Powertech. :D

Regardless, as you said, they could ONLY(!) be used in PvE scenarios and as such, Bioware deemed they were not worth having. I do agree it sounds dumb though.

Ya but BW is also kind of stupid lol. I miss those abilities.

Yeah, I WANT this, lol. I also still deperately miss the conditional abilities they removed--pommel strike for Juggernaut and backhand for guardian. I had so much fun with those. I hear thet they took them out because they weren't useful in ops/pvp and some people found it too complicated, but no one was forced to use them and we spend a lot of time in dailies where they were just plain fun.

Edit: they impose all kinds of annoyances on pve for the sake of pvp, so I don't see why we can't have something fun and special just for pve.

Edited by errant_knight

Edit: they impose all kinds of annoyances on pve for the sake of pvp, so I don't see why we can't have something fun and special just for pve.

Thats the thing. In many of these cased they removed or altered abilities simply because they did not work for PVP purposes, and considering they had other alternatives I think this was the wrong move.