Are legacy xp trees worth it?

Finrok

Yes they are except Exploration and Class Mission (unless you can buy them cheap from GTN).

The key is to buy the perks which you would really benefit from. If you're a PVP player and occasionaly play flashpoints, you should not invest your money there.

I've a few characters with different trees and I can assure you that the rest is okay. However,, I never buy the last Tier 5. 100k for 6% is not a good deal.

Yes they are except Exploration and Class Mission (unless you can buy them cheap from GTN).

Actually thats two I always buy on my Twinks, since exploration and class missions is all I do.

I also buy PvP.

I never buy flashpoints or Starship-Boosts, because they are too time-consuming to actually have any worth.

PS: I know flashpoint-exp are awesome, but on my server you wait up to 8 hours as a DD for a nonmaxlevel-flashpoint to pop open.

In one word: NO

Whatever people tell you they are not, the ammount of extra xp you get i really NOT worth it, not even if you got several 100 miljons.

People have Done the equations before and its far from what most think, its the worst of all legacy options.

Its way faster to level if you get the rocketboost or early speeder licens, since you spend alot of time traveling in world.

Edit: damn ipad autocorrect

Edited by Ergos

I use the experience boosts all the time and it DOES make a difference unlike what one person above said. I leveled from Hutta through Balmorra in a few hours of work because of XP boosts. I got to skip the entire Dark Temple except the class story and I don't have to do any of the grind (kill 35 of this). I don't use any of the other boosts but when the XP boosts come in a pack, I save them all.

Whatever people tell you they are not, the ammount of extra xp you get i really NOT worth it, not even if you got several 100 miljons.

People have Done the equations before and its far from what most think, its the worst of all legacy options.

Its way faster to level if you get the rocketboost or early speeder licens, since you spend alot of time traveling in world.

Well this makes no sense at all. How can you make an equation out of it when the value of the extra XP is purely subjective? I always get Warzone XP buffs for my new toons, because I PvP a lot and spending perhaps 100k credits a toon (that gets you the first three or so) doesn't bother me at all. For me it is worth it. Not to mention I have every single global unlocked covered and I have extra Improved Speeder Piloting items for my future toons.

Also, I call BS on people doing equations on this, because there are hundreds of different ways to level up. If you level fully through Warzones for example, Rocket Boost and speeder licenses are meaningless. Show me the data, good lad. Until I see some evidence, I am calling the part about equations an utter lie.

Edited by Elusive_Thing

Then your sources are idiots. 30% bonus when you are running flashpoints does a nice difference. It's really not hard to check this out.

I usually get a couple different lines depending on how I want to level a character, but I always get the exploration boost. It is cheaper than most of them, and everyone has to land on some planets and uncover parts of a map and speeder points. Might as well squeeze some extra XP out of it. Heck, I have taken mid-level characters to Illum and simply uncovered the map there and gained a level out of doing just that. It is also pretty nice to land on Hoth to do your missions and you already have all of the speeder points unlocked.

For Powerlevelers: Yes

For Immersioners: No

+1

If your goal is to get to 55 as quickly as possible by doing as little of the levelling content as possible then the legacy XP boosts have their part to play. As does the rested XP boost from subscriber and the XP boost consumables.

I'm not sure, but don't you actually not want to over level, as you could end up a very undergeared 55?

Not really. Worst case scenario, you can grind out planetary comms from lower level planets real easy and get 140 gear from the Makeb mod vendor, then do the oricon quest line with that to get a full suit of 156 gear. From there, do dailies and HM flashpoints.

I'm not sure, but don't you actually not want to over level, as you could end up a very undergeared 55?

If you have an alt or two you probably have more dropped gear and comms than you know what to do with. Most of my new toons end up with at least some part of their set bonus immediately upon hitting 55, and a mix of 168/180 gear beside that. Even for a new character, comms fall like manna from heaven, so it doesn't take too long to get set up.

For Powerlevelers: Yes

For Immersioners: No

Sounds like a great zinger! Except.... The planet quest lines can actually get in the way of the class quest lines leaving the quester a bit less immersed due to the necessity of checking back to verify a specific questline to understand the story. Honestly having the perk can help you get past planets that you remember too well and let you fully immerse yourself in your character's storyline as opposed to getting class quests and planet quests entangled.