BIO did exactly what they said they'd do

scritti

I didn't get in today, but I'll get over it - still, I think a lot of the aggravation could have been alleviated with better communication. First, it wasn't clear from the beginning that registration date would be tied to early access date - e.g. I preordered the day it became available, in July, but wasn't able to register because Game Stop didn't provide the key with the receipt. I didn't think it was a big deal till I found out a few weeks later that registration date, not preorder date, would be the contributing factor to early access. So I ordered July, registered in October - I even contacted Bioware about it, and they asked for scanned images of my receipts, which I provided. If I had known (communication!) earlier, then I would have been on the phone with Game Stop much, much earlier

Even worse, though, is keeping people on the edge of their seats wondering whether or not they're getting in. If Bioware had simply said, these people will get in on these dates, period, end of story, then there would be much less nerd rage, I am sure. Some people would have complained, it's the nature of things, but if everyone knew ahead of time when they would get in then there wouldn't be anywhere near this level of outcry and anger. Personally, I'm more irritated with myself (with my situation), but as with pretty much ALL things, better communication leads to better results ...

The main thing is they have a post "Early Access has begun!" on the front page....when in reality probably only 10% of the total people who will end up pre ordering can actually play today. It just doesnt look good.

They are basically saying, ok we have your cake but you can't eat it yet, only people who gave us money the quickest can.

I don't know how they expect to maintain a game if they want to have millions of subs over the long term yet invite so few people when early access actually starts. Maybe the last beta weekend stress test didnt go well on their servers? who knows it just seems a bit ridiculous they are only letting in people who pre ordered before the end of july which is most likely a very small % of the total people who pre ordered.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. BW stated that you would get early access if you preordered. Later, just recently, they stated that they would cut this in waves. We where not told when we bought the game that some would get access before others. This is just a marketing stunt for stress testing.

They said you'd get in based on when you pre-ordered from the beginning. I'd know, I was one of those who pre-ordered day 1.

They said you'd get in based on when you pre-ordered from the beginning. I'd know, I was one of those who pre-ordered day 1.

Are you saying that the day they announced TOR was available for preorder that we would get early access based on registration date? If you're telling me that's what they said, then I've got no problem saying, 'oops, my bad ...' but I don't recall that being the case

Edited by Lohengrin

Yeah there's a difference between having wage slaves watching over the servers, and having devs able to carefully monitor traffic and loading while rolling out new servers and adding new waves.

If I had that level of education and I was expected to pull graveyards, I would not be a happy camper.

Game developers dont require a high level of education, Hell most of the lead devs for the top mmo's on the market had degree's in unrelated fields such as marine bio. The ones who have the "high level" of education are the ones who do infact have to pull graveyards such as the graphic artists/Interface design/programming and Administration

If you do go for a game related education most you will get is a Long shift code monkey work (that you will get fired from at the end of the project deadline)

Are you saying that the day they announced TOR was available for preorder that we would get early access based on registration date? If you're telling me that's what they said, then I've got not problem saying, 'oops, my bad ...' but I don't recall that being the case

Im sorry I cant find a quote but ever since the first day of preorder I had that idea too, I was even upset because im a redzoner and had to find another way to buy the game in 11/18...

I believe it was in the preorder email, they told us to get our keys asap cause that would determine the date we can start the early access.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. BW stated that you would get early access if you preordered. Later, just recently, they stated that they would cut this in waves. We where not told when we bought the game that some would get access before others. This is just a marketing stunt for stress testing.

Yup, they said you could get UP TO 5 days. 5 Days... that starts on the 15th. So, even if we just decide to ignore the UP TO part, you still weren't expecting to get in until the 15th. What's the problem?

Are you saying that the day they announced TOR was available for preorder that we would get early access based on registration date? If you're telling me that's what they said, then I've got not problem saying, 'oops, my bad ...' but I don't recall that being the case

Yes, they did in fact say in the early documentation everything would be based on the order date. I wish I still had the first email they sent to post in the forums today. I never thought I would need it. :o

Im sorry I cant find a quote but ever since the first day of preorder I had that idea too, I was even upset because im a redzoner and had to find another way to buy the game in 11/18...

I believe it was in the preorder email, they told us to get our keys asap cause that would determine the date we can start the early access.

Yep, you're right ... I dug up the e-mail they sent 21 July and this is what they said:

The order in which you purchase and redeem your Pre-Order Code is the order in which you will gain early access to the game, prior to official launch day.

Well ........ crap

Edited by Lohengrin

Yep, you're right ... I dug up the e-mail they sent 21 July and this is what they said:

[/color]

Well ........ crap

Wow, you are the first person in the history of these forums to actually listen to what others are saying.

/salute

Amazes me this is such a big issue. They never said you will get 7 days that was a bonus for people who pre ordered early. If i get 5 days then great. But not bothered if i have to wait a bit longer.

Cause reading stuff onhere is so funny with ppl stressig out atm.

I'm not sure I understand all the outrage today. This is exactly what they planned to do the whole time. Why wasn't this a big deal before today? They only thing that changed was they actually did it.

It was always a big deal. The idea was horrible when it was first announced but now it is reality.

The complete lack of communication certainly doesn't help things.