Ranked Rewards S2 Are Good Stop Whining *BW You Did Good*

JourrnoRush

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much this.

Its the same 20-25 people on the forums crying about rewards. I bet nobody else really cares.

This is not true. I know many people that are very disappointed with these "rewards" that don't post on the forums.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Why you pair casual play with mediocre development is somewhat of a mystery.

This ^^^^^

I didn't do any S1 Ranked, but when the Rancor was announced people actually did ranked.

Not a single person is going to go "OH MAI GAWD I NEEDZ THIS MASK. BRB Q'IN RANKED". And those that got Top 3 for all AC's, congrats on that but a title is complete garbage for that accomplishment.

BW, you ****ed up.

Good troll is good. All these lovely replies!

My sub is up in 3 days. If I don't see a dev get on soon with damage control posts, SWTOR will never see another dime from me... After being subbed since launch, I'm sick and tired of this kind of stupidity from the Devs. This will be the last straw... Then again, if this isn't the last straw, the next one will definitely be enough for me to permanently quit.

I mean really... How hard is it to (at the bare minimum) reskin the rancor or walker mounts for season 2? Everyone expected that, at a bare minimum. Yay for PvE garbage.

This ^^^^^

I didn't do any S1 Ranked, but when the Rancor was announced people actually did ranked.

Not a single person is going to go "OH MAI GAWD I NEEDZ THIS MASK. BRB Q'IN RANKED". And those that got Top 3 for all AC's, congrats on that but a title is complete garbage for that accomplishment.

BW, you ****ed up.

For once I agree with the kid.

I agree with you PvEers won't care, but all PvPers care and they will always care!

I do PvE more than I PvP, am I the only one? No.

(Guild is 9/10 NiM, GG missing people)

Doesn't change the fact it is hurting ranked more than it is encouraging it. There's going to be QQ but it is the only way they (Devs) do anything to change it.

You know I have a theory about the rewards. They are making the rewards lets say, not too desirable, because in theory if they make rewards meaningless then people will not care what their ratings are or whether they lose or not. This will mean more teams can queue up for things like ranked 4s and not have a fear at losing a few matches. Then when there becomes an actual population of people in ranked and elo becomes affective, theeeen they can bring out cool rewards, maybe even 8v8s :-O .

Btw the Devs had already stated that the rewards after season 1 were not going to be as grand. I'm not sure if you did not believe them or what the case. But you shouldn't have been subscribed. PvP because you enjoy it , the reward is the bonus. Kill Jedi because you enjoy it and its the right thing to do, if you get a prize that's great too.

To any Dev reading this. If the prizes are going to stay this dull please change the season limits to 2 months. Tell the boss to let go of the person responsible for creating rewards. Message me 2 weeks ahead of time and I will give you the list of menial rewards, for free just cuz I like you guys.

Edited by Chrisweaver

I PvP on the Ebon Hawk server but am not a hardcore PvPer. Tend to do more PvE then PvP, but at the same time I am a big fan of PvP. When S1 ranked came out I was excited. When the reward for it was announced I was very thrilled and actualy bothered to fully gear up my toon and run ranked WZ. Even on the last day I was gearing up another toon and running through ranked to get some of the reward. I knew the rancor was going to be hard to get, but I was happy settling for just the armor set and the weapons.

When Season 2 started, I was pumped up and wanted to get a head start because I was expecting some decent reward. I would have been happy with maybe an exclusive pet or some sort of armor set. I did my ranked and got above 1500 rating and was happy with it. I was looking forward to the announcement for the S2 rewards. Now that I see what it is, I am not going to be running around trying my best to gear grind and do ranked so I can earn a helmet that I can easily replace with the Sand People helmet.

Honestly it's a little letdown. Even though I am not a hardcore PvPer, I feel like bioware put in like a weeks worth of effort behind this at most. Looking at previous PvP vendors and rewards, there have always been some sort of armor set, pets, mounts tied to the rewards. Whether it was valor or rating (going all the way back to pre-2.0 PvP vendors). I hope bioware adds some additional rewards to these otherwise I probably won't be bothering with ranked anymore. Would be happy to settle for normal warzones.

You know I have a theory about the rewards. They are making the rewards lets say, not too desirable, because in theory if they make rewards meaningless then people will not care what their ratings are or whether they lose or not. This will mean more teams can queue up for things like ranked 4s and not have a fear at losing a few matches. Then when there becomes an actual population of people in ranked and elo becomes affective, theeeen they can bring out cool rewards, maybe even 8v8s :-O .

Btw the Devs had already stated that the rewards after season 1 were not going to be as grand. I'm not sure if you did not believe them or what the case. But you shouldn't have been subscribed. PvP because you enjoy it , the reward is the bonus. Kill Jedi because you enjoy it and its the right thing to do, if you get a prize that's great too.

To any Dev reading this. If the prizes are going to stay this dull please change the season limits to 2 months. Tell the boss to let go of the person responsible for creating rewards. Message me 2 weeks ahead of time and I will give you the list of menial rewards, for free just cuz I like you guys.

Give this man a medal.

Edited by AxeDragoneth

I think no PVP'er would ask for a legacy helmet. We don't have REPAIR BILLS. I would be more satisfied with a glimmy walker reskin. Noone who didn't get tier 1 will brag now over that exclusive item because it's so ugly and useless for PVP'ers!

I don't agree I'm afraid.

These rewards have not hit the nail on the head. These are rewards for a pvp system that has leader boards and rankings. The rewards should not be items that cannot even be seen in open world let alone warzones. They are just not in line with the play style that is being rewarded.

I think this alone is a huge determining factor for players who were hoping to do ranked once the rewards were announced. So I am concerned that people will not bother to queue up, whatever the outcome, do not let it put you off doing ranked pvp!!!

Queue up.

Queue up.

Solo arenas suck (Matchmaking lottery) and grouping like with permanent arena-teams is not supported in any way.

PvP - to me - are the warzones. Not Huttball, not arena, but something roughly related to the story and most certainly NOT to entertain the hutts.

Still - I was thinking about doing a bit of ranked play. Even the lottery... But yeah. I do pvp, not for the shinies... but they would be the only thing that I would get out of 4on4 pvp.

Oh - Idea: Instead of improving the rewards greatly (they can do that if they like): Make ranked pvp as fun as regular warzones or even better!

it's pretty sad how many only seem to be in it for shinies.. how about being the best? or having fun?

it's like kids getting angry for having to be nice all year if they did'nt like their christmas gifts.

Its pretty sad that people don't even understand the actual issue here. No one does ranked only for the rewards. The problem is how little effort BW even put into the rewards. There is nothing wrong with wanting to have something cool at the end of the season to show off visually on your toon, whether it be gear or a mount. Heck the old firebrand ranked gear was cooler than this (I still rock that set on my sentinel minus the chest piece cuz I like the hood up)

Its pretty sad that people don't even understand the actual issue here. No one does ranked only for the rewards. The problem is how little effort BW even put into the rewards. There is nothing wrong with wanting to have something cool at the end of the season to show off visually on your toon, whether it be gear or a mount. Heck the old firebrand ranked gear was cooler than this (I still rock that set on my sentinel minus the chest piece cuz I like the hood up)

if you look at all the posts it seems alot of people are only in it for the rewards.. sure they could be better but if rewards is your only incentive to do things you're in the wrong market. a fancy title that shows your the top dog should be enough really.

if you look at all the posts it seems alot of people are only in it for the rewards.. sure they could be better but if rewards is your only incentive to do things you're in the wrong market. a fancy title that shows your the top dog should be enough really.

no no thats not right.

We are doing RANKED for the rewards and the fame.

So the incentive to do RANKED are besides sweat and fun the rewards.

And as they established a baseline of rewards with S1 and even asked the PVP community what they want and everyone was pitching in their wishes. So its just a huge letdown that they are giving us those prices because NO ONE said i want a helmet without repair cost and a poster.

The expectations were really high, also because of BW somehow asked us. But after all it was only a marketing stunt.

thats why some of us are not happy in the moment.

if you look at all the posts it seems alot of people are only in it for the rewards....

No, they are mad because the rewards are garbage.

a fancy title that shows your the top dog should be enough really.

Ok then, lets turn around and say the same thing to raiders. Hey, see that fancy winged mount over there? Sorry you can't have it, all you get is a fancy little title for clearing the content.

People don't play games just for the rewards. If they didn't like said content they wouldn't play it. But GOOD rewards makes the effort put in much more satisfying. There is nothing wrong with wanting good rewards, especially from teams that have 2k+ ratings. They earned it, they have every right to want better rewards.

MMO's are social games as well as visual games(obviously). People like cool rewards to make their toon look cool, not some lame title that attaches to their name. If you can't figure that out then maybe you should stick with a single player game?

Edited by Raansu

it's pretty sad how many only seem to be in it for shinies.. how about being the best? or having fun?

it's like kids getting angry for having to be nice all year if they did'nt like their christmas gifts.

Most do play it for fun. Getting rewarded for top tier is one reason it is fun and you have something to work for. Also so many servers are different, some RP and PVE servers don't ever get pops, Po5 and Bastion are full of people without advanced classes and q syncers (look at top 3 guardian/jugg rankings). This is the most competitive aspect of pvp apparently for SWTOR, so when you do get past all of this bs along with their ELO system ......you're damn right the rewards should be better lol.

No, they are mad because the rewards are garbage.

Ok then, lets turn around and say the same thing to raiders. Hey, see that fancy winged mount over there? Sorry you can't have it, all you get is a fancy little title for clearing the content.

People don't play games just for the rewards. If they didn't like said content they wouldn't play it. But GOOD rewards makes the effort put in much more satisfying. There is nothing wrong with wanting good rewards, especially from teams that have 2k+ ratings. They earned it, they have every right to want better rewards.

MMO's are social games as well as visual games(obviously). People like cool rewards to make their toon look cool, not some lame title that attaches to their name. If you can't figure that out then maybe you should stick with a single player game?

You are my hero.

#OccupySWTOR