Ranked Rewards S2 Are Good Stop Whining *BW You Did Good*

JourrnoRush

This is a CASUAL game.

You should have expected a couple of things.

1. Casual game, means casual tiers of winning. 1600 is good because only YOU care about your 2000+ rating.

2. Casual game means casual rewards based on upcoming content. Were you all not expecting furniture?

3. "Jourrno, you can't be serious! The top tier rewards are terrible!!!" Not really. Look at Season 1 top tier, a rancor. What came out a few months later, more rancors. Tier 1 is getting a Huttball Mask that is an exclusive item, which is what top PvP players want exclusivity. It would be foolish to not expect this reward to be on the CM in some other form. (I hope they do!)

4. "NO JOURRNO! WE WANT MOUNTS!!" It would be the same concept, it would be on the CM sooner or later.

5. "Well this is going to kill ranked." Not really, Solo queue is still going to work because its a casual game, the tiers reflect a casual playerbase. The forums on the other hand...

6. Top 3 get only a title!?!?!? This is "sort of" a let down. Then again, only you and the other top people care about your 2000+ rating. Its a casual game, what were you really expecting? A mount that would be on the CM sooner or later?

7. Its just PvP. Everyone knows who are the good PvP'ers and everyone knows who win trades. Rewards won't change respect you get when the other team ***** their pants. *MOST IMPORTANT*

My opinion, ranked rewards are good for this season and for this casual game. The tiers are set correctly for rewards. Bioware / EA you did a great job with this and keep up the good work. I look forward to S3!!

Edited by JourrnoRush

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you lose 2 million players due to crappy development, yeah I'd call it casual too.

I think the difference with this "reward based sytem", is that it's unique and not present in any other gameplay aspect. It's not hard to fathom players wanting some epic rewards due to the difficulty and length of the seasons in PvP, but honestly the rewards have no bearing on the casual nature of the game itself, matter of fact it's pretty irrelevant tbh.

/shrug

Edited by Pistols

This is a CASUAL game.

1. Casual game, means casual tiers of winning. 1600 is good because only YOU care about your 2000+ rating.

2. Casual game means casual rewards based on upcoming content. Were you all not expecting furniture?

3. "Jourrno, you can't be serious! The top tier rewards are terrible!!!" Not really. Look at Season 1 top tier, a rancor. What came out a few months later, more rancors. Tier 1 is getting a Huttball Mask that is an exclusive item, which is what top PvP players want exclusivity. It would be foolish to not expect this reward to be on the CM in some other form. (I hope they do!)

4. "NO JOURRNO! WE WANT MOUNTS!!" It would be the same concept, it would be on the CM sooner or later.

5. "Well this is going to kill ranked." Not really, Solo queue is still going to work because its a casual game, the tiers reflect a casual playerbase. The forums on the other hand...

6. Top 3 get only a title!?!?!? This is "sort of" a let down. Then again, only you and the other top people care about your 2000+ rating. Its a casual game, what were you really expecting? A mount that would be on the CM sooner or later?

7. Its just PvP. Everyone knows who are the good PvP'ers and everyone knows who win trades. Rewards won't change respect you get when the other team ***** their pants. *MOST IMPORTANT*

My opinion, ranked rewards are good for this season and for this casual game. The tiers are set correctly for rewards. Bioware / EA you did a great job with this and keep up the good work. I look forward to S3!!

Indeed it is a casual game, but their is no excuse for delivering crap like this even if its a casual game. I mean decorations for rewards have nothing to do with pvp.

They had 3-4 months and this is the best they can do? you can tell it took them about a week to put this all together if you think otherwise than you're brain dead, lol.

I agree (to the first post)

Never people will be satisfied with anything BW do. I think it every possible reward BW give it always be bad! It will be best just to give a title: 1º Season Champion, 2º Sesson Champion and so on. And look they are unique!!!! :p

Edited by yonsfon

This is a CASUAL game.

You might call it casual, but even at 1600 rating that is top 4% of players. So for every 100 players in ranked only 4 people get it. Even if they reskinned something and sold it on the CM that doesn't mean it is the same thing. You can buy a ROLEX, but that doesn't mean buying a knockoff at the swap meet is the same thing. Are you gonna go around riding your reskinned mount and tell everybody I got this for my PVP rating?

People claim that this game is casual, but SWTOR is the 4th biggest MMO in the industry when it comes to subs. SWTOR also is no. 7 in F2P profit among all F2P games. The game itself is more popular than you believe it to be. You call it casual, but based on what? Where is your facts?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1442478-Top-10-Most-Profitable-F2P-games-(plus-WoW)

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2014/07/22/star-wars-the-old-republic-makes-more-than/1

http://gotgame.com/2014/07/20/four-mmos-make-100-million-annually/

The game might be casual to you, but you are in the minority. To say that getting 1600 rating is easy is also BS because look at the numbers. TOP 4% IS NOT EASY PERIOD. Even if people cry about w/e they cry about in rating only 4 people out of 100 people get it. So you do the math. Your whole post has nothing factual and only opinion.

When you lose 2 million players due to crappy development, yeah I'd call it casual too.

/shrug

I hate to be the annoying technical guy, but I think it was 1.8 or 1.9 M (not that they didn't lose tons, but that they didn't ever have 2.3M so they couldn't have lost 2M).

You might call it casual, but even at 1600 rating that is top 4% of players. So for every 100 players in ranked only 4 people get it. Even if they reskinned something and sold it on the CM that doesn't mean it is the same thing. You can buy a ROLEX, but that doesn't mean buying a knockoff at the swap meet is the same thing. Are you gonna go around riding your reskinned mount and tell everybody I got this for my PVP rating?

People claim that this game is casual, but SWTOR is the 4th biggest MMO in the industry when it comes to subs. SWTOR also is no. 7 in F2P profit among all F2P games. The game itself is more popular than you believe it to be. You call it casual, but based on what? Where is your facts?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1442478-Top-10-Most-Profitable-F2P-games-(plus-WoW)

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2014/07/22/star-wars-the-old-republic-makes-more-than/1

http://gotgame.com/2014/07/20/four-mmos-make-100-million-annually/

The game might be casual to you, but you are in the minority. To say that getting 1600 rating is easy is also BS because look at the numbers. TOP 4% IS NOT EASY PERIOD. Even if people cry about w/e they cry about in rating only 4 people out of 100 people get it. So you do the math. Your whole post has nothing factual and only opinion.

At the very end I said it was my opinion, you can agree or disagree. I'm assuming you agree with me completely.

Another poster stated it perfectly, nobody will be happy with rewards.

Rancor came out, "It will be on CM"

These rewards came out, "OMG NO MOUNT!?!?!?" "It will be on the CM"

Personally rewards look good for an aspect of the game that is mostly casual. Again my opinion.

At the very end I said it was my opinion, you can agree or disagree. I'm assuming you agree with me completely.

Another poster stated it perfectly, nobody will be happy with rewards.

Rancor came out, "It will be on CM"

These rewards came out, "OMG NO MOUNT!?!?!?" "It will be on the CM"

Personally rewards look good for an aspect of the game that is mostly casual. Again my opinion.

You are wrong when you say nobody would be happy. I resubbed to this game after seeing that rancor mount was given as a reward for season 1 and I know I am not the only person who feels that way. I know it is your opinion , but the facts are facts. The dollar amount shows that this game is not that casual. Whether you choose to casually play it is up to you just like the people who don't choose to play it casually. The forums kind of show that more people don't take it as casual as you. For every one person who says good job BW there are many more people who don't agree. You are in the minority on this one.

People did not cry about the mounts when they were given. In fact most of the qq was from the PVE side saying why can't they get a rancor mount, not the pvpers who got them. So what did bw do. They reskinned the rancor and allowed everyone to get a rancor mount. Pvpers qq'd saying we want this mount exclusive to pvp so dont reskin them. They qq'd about maybe getting the same mount, but reskinned. Nothing about the rancor mounts being crappy nor did they say they didnt want them.

Edited by sirullrich

...Little girls want shiny armour...

Play the game for fun, people. Everything else is your ego.

Yeah just stop giving rewards for anything...

From now on operations get bolstered to BIS gear and it wont drop anything! Hooray! Play it for the fun!

WE WANT A CARROT IN FRONT OF US