The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Remember how revitalized the pvp community was after season 1 rewards were announced?

Aristore

wtb rating decay. For example if you havent played a game in 3 weeks you drop 25 pts etc.

If they had cross-server queues this would be a great idea. But my vanguard is 1890 and I've gotten to play maybe 3 solo queue games on him in the past month because the pub population on my server is so insanely low and has only diminished after Wildstar's release. Not because I was scared to queue up.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scrap ranked all together. Create reward based system around normals, must be a bucket load of stats they have and could use.

The only viable pvp content on a number of servers is normal wz. Anyone can play normals and people generally can get a few games in with at least some wins (compared to ranked/issues discussed with ranked).

Harder to fix results of normals as having a viable pvp population creates some element of random opposition.

If they did something around rewards/ranking in normal then they might be able to build wz teams on setup around those general rankings also as they should in theory have a bigger pot of players.

Ranked on the red eclipse spiked for maybe 48hrs, don't bother queuing anymore as there isn't any info on whether anyone else is actually in same queue and that you stupidly have to wait in this limbo status indefinitely when you could at least get some normal wz pops.

Kill ranked, focus on normals.

Scrap ranked all together. Create reward based system around normals, must be a bucket load of stats they have and could use.

The only viable pvp content on a number of servers is normal wz. Anyone can play normals and people generally can get a few games in with at least some wins (compared to ranked/issues discussed with ranked).

Harder to fix results of normals as having a viable pvp population creates some element of random opposition.

If they did something around rewards/ranking in normal then they might be able to build wz teams on setup around those general rankings also as they should in theory have a bigger pot of players.

Ranked on the red eclipse spiked for maybe 48hrs, don't bother queuing anymore as there isn't any info on whether anyone else is actually in same queue and that you stupidly have to wait in this limbo status indefinitely when you could at least get some normal wz pops.

Kill ranked, focus on normals.

Sry, no. Normals have no way of measuring skill it's just a deathmatch like arena, that's how most people play it which is why I don't understand why people qq about arena. You have to worry about more people being undergeared or just plan out have no idea what they're doing why would they base a system around normals. If they do it's gonna be a grind fest like with wows first pvp system.

Edited by Ashwinn

After an hour I get bored and leave ranked queue for normals. Should be able to play normals while staying in the ranked queue. Or get rid altogether and just have one solo and one group cross faction pool. Edited by Tellenn

After an hour I get bored and leave ranked queue for normals. Should be able to play normals while staying in the ranked queue. Or get rid altogether and just have one solo and one group cross faction pool.

You used to be able to queue for both back when 8v8 ranked was out. Not sure why they took it out.

Edited by Raansu

Yayy. Season two pvp rewards. Maybe we'll get a cool exclusive mount that not even the PVE'ers can get just like last season.

Oh wait..

I am yet to see a black rancor with a neon sign on his back drop from a raid or on the cartel market.....

I am yet to see a black rancor with a neon sign on his back drop from a raid or on the cartel market.....

Something gets reskin its no longer unique. Case in point, there are several mounts that ONLY raiders can get and there are no reskins of them. So why can't pvpers have the same thing?

Something gets reskin its no longer unique. Case in point, there are several mounts that ONLY raiders can get and there are no reskins of them. So why can't pvpers have the same thing?

Because even though those mounts are exclusive, they are still obtainable? Unlike that neon rancor mount?

Case in point, I can still go out and get that hover tank if I want to, but I can't get that old Firebrand rated gear or another neon rancor.

Because even though those mounts are exclusive, they are still obtainable? Unlike that neon rancor mount?

Case in point, I can still go out and get that hover tank if I want to, but I can't get that old Firebrand rated gear or another neon rancor.

So? What's wrong with rewarding players for excelling (relatively at least) at content that was only available for a limited amount of time? Are you concerned that it's unfair to newer players/PvPers? Because that's moronic. They were paying for content during that particular interval of time, they put in the time and effort: they should get an exclusive reward.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

So? What's wrong with rewarding players for excelling (relatively at least) at content that was only available for a limited amount of time? Are you concerned that it's unfair to newer players/PvPers? Because that's moronic. They were paying for content during that particular interval of time, they put in the time and effort: they should get an exclusive reward.

Giving exclusive rewards to ranked would also encourage more people to queue. To many people right now just elect to not queue ranked for the simple reason of being able to obtain very similar mounts/items thru other means.

Giving exclusive rewards to ranked would also encourage more people to queue. To many people right now just elect to not queue ranked for the simple reason of being able to obtain very similar mounts/items thru other means.

So you want your queue full of PvE scrubs?

So you want your queue full of PvE scrubs?

Honestly I just want the queue full! And those PvE players will be on both teams to even it out. Sure there will be lopsided games but that's nothing new, it's a lot easier taking a bad loss if you don't have to wait forever to redeem yourself. Just wanna have my pops... Nothing worse than paying to play a game that makes you sit in queue for hours just to participate in the content that interests you.

Cross server will not save arenas. I was reading wildstar forums and there plenty of complaints about hour long que times, exploiters, people throwing matches, people buying accounts for higher rated gear, people lowering their rating to face easier opponents, the list goes on and on. They need a more casual friendly rated system that still gives the top players the status and rewards they crave and that doesn't make the experience so brutal and unpleasant for the rest. Bring back 8 man rateds and allow 2 and 4 man teams. Top performers in stats, medals objectives get a bonus to compensate for them carrying the weaker group(s). My 2 ¢.

Hey folks,

We know you are all eager to learn about the Season 2 rewards and we haven't forgot about you! We will be publishing the Season 2 reward blog as soon as everything is ready. It does look like it will not be today, but we will get it out to you as soon as we can!

Thank you all for your patience.

-eric

Hmm.. It almost feels at this point that you want to kill ranked on purpose..

Pveisdead bro hows the recycled content?

Great! Thanks for asking. 30 million per Brontes Mount for my guild's ship. How is that +2+2 stat boost for hours and hours of warzones?Happy to farm so many comms in stale content for that magic enhancement over and over? :D

Edited by Leafy_Bug

Great! Thanks for asking. 30 million per Brontes Mount for my guild's ship. How is that +2+2 stat boost for hours and hours of warzones?Happy to farm so many comms in stale content for that magic enhancement over and over? :D

Pve is srs bznss. PvP is about competition, not about grinding gear lol, but as a pver you wouldn't understand that.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Pve is srs bznss. PvP is about competition, not about grinding gear lol, but as a pver you wouldn't understand that.

Of course not, pve is inferior!!!! Next time you join that 'srs bznss' warzone, remove your gear and show me that competition. k? ty! *bearhug* Also don't BIS, its not srs bznss :D. If you have alacrity, your maul hits faster! True story! Don't stack over 75% surge on your shadow / assassin, its not 'competitive' :D!

Edited by Leafy_Bug

I don't think you understand. Those players also put effort into clearing nightmare mode at gear level to get those mounts and now any lvl55 scrub can get EC Nim Kephess speeder. How is that any better than a reskin?

In case you still don't understand it's like there is no reskin of your precious rankor mount but instead after every season the rewards could be purchased for warzone comms. Would you like that?

I don't think you understand. Those players also put effort into clearing nightmare mode at gear level to get those mounts and now any lvl55 scrub can get EC Nim Kephess speeder. How is that any better than a reskin?

In case you still don't understand it's like there is no reskin of your precious rankor mount but instead after every season the rewards could be purchased for warzone comms. Would you like that?

That's a separate woe. It doesn't change the fact that reskinning is bad.

Of course not, pve is inferior!!!! Next time you join that 'srs bznss' warzone, remove your gear and show me that competition. k? ty! *bearhug* Also don't BIS, its not srs bznss :D. If you have alacrity, your maul hits faster! True story! Don't stack over 75% surge on your shadow / assassin, its not 'competitive' :D!

You decided to satirize pvp by portraying it as a gear grind, not the other way around. Gearing is a means to an end- rather than a purpose- of pvp, and my post was obviously not deriding the concept of gear.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

You at least get to have them rare for quite some time.

TFB/S&V Nightmare are still the second hardest tier of content in the game, with DP/DF nightmare above them. Having mounts from those ops is still an achievement, despite them launching over a year ago.

We got what, a month before the Rancor came to the CM? At least we can't buy the PVE mounts for credits...

You at least get to have them rare for quite some time.

TFB/S&V Nightmare are still the second hardest tier of content in the game, with DP/DF nightmare above them. Having mounts from those ops is still an achievement, despite them launching over a year ago.

We got what, a month before the Rancor came to the CM? At least we can't buy the PVE mounts for credits...

We sell Wings of the Architect for 27 million. We can try to sort out an instalment plan to get a TFB/SnV NiM mount for you due to not being a guaranteed drop ;). As you can see you can buy PVE mounts as well.

Edited by Leafy_Bug