Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

"You can make a million credits in under a hour doing Dailies!" MYTH BUSTED

Transairion

So what I take from this thread is that someone with 6 55s can make 8 million/day easy and over 50 million creds in under a week. I guess i just need to schedule a couple weeks off from work and i'll be ready for 2.9! Fully unlocked vault and private guild ship here I come! And here I was thinking i would have to take out a 2nd mortgage to buy 20 hypercrates and gtn them at a bulk rate...

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what I take from this thread is that someone with 6 55s can make 8 million/day easy and over 50 million creds in under a week. I guess i just need to schedule a couple weeks off from work and i'll be ready for 2.9! Fully unlocked vault and private guild ship here I come! And here I was thinking i would have to take out a 2nd mortgage to buy 20 hypercrates and gtn them at a bulk rate...

There isn't that many hours in a day(5 hours 17 minutes * 6=1 day 7 hours 42 minutes. Probably a few million off running the most time efficient dailies is possible.

But at roughly 200k an hour, a guildship only costs roughly 250 manhours(done the grindy way).

*EDIT

Also, if you want Legacy Storage, buy the unlock with credits from other players, the cost will be significantly smaller.

Edited by Vandicus

I'm glad the OP could save you from that grim fate.

Edit:

I will also note that while I have been a strong supporter of the current cost of guildships (as I said in another thread, it's actually less than half of what I would have considered "reasonable"), I do not, nor have I seen ANYONE think that legacy banks are appropriately priced.

I'm not saying that noone supports the current cost of legacy banks, only that i haven't seen it.

Edited by Andrellma

Wait... hypercrates sell for 11-13 million on my server.

You'd only have to buy 5 then. :rolleyes:

Yeah... 1.3 million for 4-5 hours of dailies equals quick burnout. I'd rather earn the 100k-300k (depending on conditions) a day that I can from crafting and sending companions out. Sure, it takes longer to accrue credits at that pace, but it is leisurely and I can play the game while it goes on.

They go for 3.5 to 6mil on mine.

What do the CM items themselves go for on your server then?

It'd be so amazing to live on a server where the stuff inside a hypercrate was almost always worth significantly more than the hypercrate.

Don't have to try. I don't know what crazy claim YOU think you are disproving; but the rest of us are truly holding our breath in anticipation ...

... of this.

Because the rest of us know full well that no one in their right mind (and with a clock) is going to honestly claim this.

Therefore, the whole point of your post is click bait.

You say that, but someone in this very thread just about claimed that.

So your indignation looks silly, especially since the person who made that claim posted way before you did.

What do the CM items themselves go for on your server then?

It'd be so amazing to live on a server where the stuff inside a hypercrate was almost always worth significantly more than the hypercrate.

Walkers are currently going for 18-23mil and the Club Vertica Hypercrates are at 4.5mil.

People here on JC seem to be working under the misconception that lots of players are in desperate need of Hypercrates on the GTN...and when they buy theirs, they immediately undercut the lowest priced Hypercrate, regardless as to what the Hypercrate 'is'.

It's hilarious. The Club Vertica Hypercrates are actually cheaper than the less valuable Starfighter Hypercrates.

You say that, but someone in this very thread just about claimed that.

So your indignation looks silly, especially since the person who made that claim posted way before you did.

Well they did specify nobody in their right mind so I think they're covered :p

One thing to keep in mind though, is that the OP didn't claim it was said one time by one person.

He said (and I'll quote here so people don't accuse me of making stuff up)

"certain people" that's plural. "always claim", that's implying that they've done it more than once.

It won't matter if the OP can dig up that one claim that one person did once.

It still won't validate his claim that multiple people have claimed it multiple times.

It will, however, mean that he spent nearly 6 hour disproving what one guy said one time in one thread.

I hope that at least makes him feel like he didn't waste that time.

Well, he's that much closer to getting a guild ship ;)

Walkers are currently going for 18-23mil and the Club Vertica Hypercrates are at 4.5mil.

People here on JC seem to be working under the misconception that lots of players are in desperate need of Hypercrates on the GTN...and when they buy theirs, they immediately undercut the lowest priced Hypercrate, regardless as to what the Hypercrate 'is'.

It's hilarious. The Club Vertica Hypercrates are actually cheaper than the less valuable Starfighter Hypercrates.

Color me jealous that you can max cartel reps while making a profit on your server

I will make the claim that it is probably possible to make 1million credits per hour while doing dailies if you use your companions to gather/craft at the same time.

You wouldn't be in your right mind to say that.

Running the dailies gets you, at best, 400K in an hour. There are no crew skills missions which can get you 600K in 60 minutes.

Edited by Malastare

With all the talk of grinding dailies for...however many credits you earn...

When you grind these dailies, are you having fun? Do you find it enjoyable to be forced to do something that isn't fun just to enjoy some new content?

It isn't how easy or hard earning credits is, it's about how fun doing things in game is. If something isn't fun, the game (and the game's developers) shouldn't encourage that activity.

Running the dailies gets you, at best, 400K in an hour. There are no crew skills missions which can get you 600K in 60 minutes.

You are probably right, but I would say it depends on your server and if you get lucky with crits.

To the OP, if you are going to go through all the trouble to "myth bust", you should have at least done the most efficient way possible. Like you said, if you hadn't done Makeb, you would have got close to 1million credits from 3 hours of play time and Makeb took you over 2 hours to run. If you had skipped Makeb and switched to an alt to run everything else, you could have almost doubled your credits in pretty much the same amount of time.

Its thinking like the OP's that makes people poor in game and makes them whine that stuff is too expensive.

Edited by Icebergy

When you grind these dailies, are you having fun?

Yes. Did so last night with my wife who is out of town right now. Very much enjoyed it. Bought Iso-5s with the Basics and put them in the guild vault.

Edited by BuriDogshin

Yeah... 1.3 million for 4-5 hours of dailies equals quick burnout. I'd rather earn the 100k-300k (depending on conditions) a day that I can from crafting and sending companions out. Sure, it takes longer to accrue credits at that pace, but it is leisurely and I can play the game while it goes on.

Yeah, but then there's the short-short dailies like CZ that take 15 minutes or so and earn you around 60k.

Not too shabby for something you can do waiting for queues to pop.

When you grind these dailies, are you having fun? Do you find it enjoyable to be forced to do something that isn't fun just to enjoy some new content?

It isn't how easy or hard earning credits is, it's about how fun doing things in game is. If something isn't fun, the game (and the game's developers) shouldn't encourage that activity.

It's only as fun as you make it yourself as my old boss used to say.

If you get a friend to tag along you can have alot of fun and it'll just take a jiffy to complete.

I've spent more time chatting with my guildies during dailies than I do doing anything else.

That is not 100% right :p ..! If you have enough LvL 55 Chars - lets say for example 10 - and on everyone of them "Slicing" 450... You could earn 600k in a bit more then 60 minutes... :cool:

(10 chars ---> 5 Comps per Char on Slicing missions ---> 50 missions in 30-40 minutes ---> sell crew-missions via GTN)

If you have 22 Chars with max lvl (55) you could do 110 Slice-Missions in 30-40 minutes... With luck you will get between 20 and 30 Crew-Missions :D ...

Really?

Because individual packs go for 350k on my server.

So that would make the hypercrates dirt-cheap.

Are you sure it's not the 50% off hypercrates being sold?

I'm talking about "the latest pack" hypercrates.

Right now, at this moment, this is what is on my server's GTN:

1 Hotshot Hypercrate: 4.25mil

1 Opportunist 4.5mil

2 Club Vertica 4.5mil

1 Galactic Ace 4.75mil

1 Galactic Ace 5mil

4 Hotshot 5mil.

3 Dogfighters 5mil

4 Opportunists 5.4mil

From there, it climbs quickly into 7, 8 and 9mil, with the top being 12mil for Shipment 1 Hypercrates and some Star Cluster Hypercrates.

Yeah, but then there's the short-short dailies like CZ that take 15 minutes or so and earn you around 60k.

Not too shabby for something you can do waiting for queues to pop.

And if you're an altaholic, you could run 4 toons through there an hour to get maybe 240k.

I have 14 55s, so I could possibly net 850k in 3 ½ hrs. Then go back to levelling #15.

It's only as fun as you make it yourself as my old boss used to say.

If you get a friend to tag along you can have alot of fun and it'll just take a jiffy to complete.

I've spent more time chatting with my guildies during dailies than I do doing anything else.

I see.

So we, as the customers, are responsible for our own fun now?

I chat with guildmates all the time, sure doesn't make grinding the same crap over and over fun. I think the word you are looking for it "tolerable".

And time...well, time is dependent on a number of things. Can you talk guildies into doing something inherently not fun in order to make the un-fun activity take up less time so you can go and do something you enjoy?

I feel sorry for people that find endlessly running the same dailies over and over again fun.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.