"You can make a million credits in under a hour doing Dailies!" MYTH BUSTED

Transairion

The sled goes no faster than the slowest dog. That's why my wife and I, who do dailies very quickly, only group with players we know are fast or for things like AC that require it. Or to show someone the ropes, in which case speed does not matter.

Fair enough. I would not expect my experience is the norm, nor would I argue that I should not be a bit more selective with whom I choose to run.

When I run dailies with my GF they can be faster or slower, depending on how well we work together. I have patterns I run for each one....I have Black Hole down to 12 minutes (with a reasonably well geared 55 of course). But as you mentioned, the loot drops improve with more folks in the group.

Edited by LordArtemis

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I am unwilling to indulge your doubts and insults. You can take my word for it, or not. I don't really care.

At every turn you refuse to answer direct questions, you evade, you switch the subject, etc. Your pattern of behavior shows a clear determination to avoid real conversation, eschew facts, and shy away from real solutions.

You'll have to forgive me if I'm disinclined to take you at your word.

You are unwilling or unable to answer very, very simple, direct questions.

When asked about materials that are skyrocketing in price because of the new patch, you instead reference materials (Mythra) that aren't of any interest in the new patch.

Are you here to find solutions, offer better alternatives, or just complain?

Umm....Mythra is used to make armored vehicles in the new patch so not sure what you're talking about.

Umm....Mythra is used to make armored vehicles in the new patch so not sure what you're talking about.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. Follow the demand. What will be in higher demand, armored vehicles or all the tokens everyone is going to need to get decorations?

Answer:

Could you spend 5 minutes at your GTN terminal and randomly sample prices of the following and let us know what they are:

• Color Crystals, grade 2-9
  • Underworld Metals, grade 2-9
  • Underworld Fabrics, grade 2-9
  • Slicing Tech Parts, grade 2-9

Thanks.

The fact that he was unwilling to log into the game for 3 minutes and answer my question indicates that he knows the prices on those things are through the roof. He doesn't want me to be right and has other reasons he won't answer. His goal definitely does not seem to be solving his money complaints.

Could you spend 5 minutes at your GTN terminal and randomly sample prices of the following and let us know what they are:

• Color Crystals, grade 2-9
  • Underworld Metals, grade 2-9
  • Underworld Fabrics, grade 2-9
  • Slicing Tech Parts, grade 2-9

Thanks.

Well, I found myself curious about this, so I checked it out on BG (sorted by cheapest price each).

Color Crystals

Grade 2 (Igneous) - 228

Grade 3 (Opaque) - 196

Grade 4 (Solid) - 200

Grade 5 (Lucent) - 1999

Grade 6 (Polychromatic) - 1900

Grade 9 (Diaphonous) - 454

Underworld Metals (Blue)

Grade 2 (Mullinine) - 707

Grade 3 (Xonolite) - OUT OF STOCK

Grade 4 (Titanium) - 599

Grade 5 (Quadranium) - 500

Grade 6 (Ciridium) - 2500 (almost out of stock)

Grade 9 (Frasium) - 249

Underworld Metals (Purple)

Grade 2 (Alusteel) - 9999

Grade 3 (Krayt) - 7000

Grade 4 (Neuranium) - 10000

Grade 5 (Promethium) - 16249

Grade 6 (Mandalorian Iron) - 7000

Grade 9 (Beryllius) - 10000

Underworld Fabrics (Blue)

Grade 2 (Lashaa SIlk) - 356

Grade 3 (Dramassian SIlk) - 491

Grade 4 (Septsilk) - 550

Grade 5 (Vine-silk) - 360

Grade 6 (Nanosilk) - 1499

Grade 9 (Hypercloth) - 249

Underworld Fabrics (Purple)

Grade 2 (Shimmersilk) - 1111

Grade 3 (Killik-silk) - 7888

Grade 4 (Rodian Flame Silk) - 9999

Grade 5 (Saava Silk) - 2800

Grade 6 (Denebrian Star Silk) - 10000 (one one listing)

Grade 9 (Nanite Threaded Cloth) - 619

Slicing (Blue)

Grade 2 - 60

Grade 3 - 100

Grade 4 - 169

Grade 5 - 360

Grade 6 - 399

Grade 9 - 175

Slicing (Purple)

Grade 2 - 3000

Grade 3 - 10000

Grade 4 - 2000

Grade 5 - 5000

Grade 6 - 5000

Grade 9 - 19999

There's a few things I notice off the bat:

1. The prices of blue UT metals have held steady.

2. The prices of purple UT metals have gone up.

3. I don't dabble in color crystals, so I'm not sure how those are doing. Grade 5/6 colors are surprisingly high.

4. UT fabrics have gone up. In some cases, they've gone up extensively. This shouldn't be a surprise, they used to be vendor trash for most players.

5. Mid-level slicing blue mats have gone up a little. Mid-level purples have gone up more.

Glancing at this list, I would pick ALUSTEEL and KRAYT DRAGON SCALES as my primary focus. KILLIK-SILK looks attractive, but I'm not really sure they they'll sell at that price before 2.9 (when more players will realize the value).

Grade 2 and 3 UT Metals missions take 10 and 12 minute to run, respectively. I could keep perhaps 2-3 missions running at all times, all while doing NOT DAILIES (:p). This is the weekend, so I could put in a few more hours (lets say 6 hours between Saturday and Sunday).

6 hours == 360 minutes

360 minutes / 11 minutes per mission == 32 runs

32 runs x 2.5 missions running at a time == 81 missions finished

20% chance of crits == 16 critical missions

2-4 mats per mission == 48 purple mats

80% chance of non-crits == 64 non=crit missions

2-6 mats per mission == 256 blue mats

256 blue * ~ 700ea == 179,000

48 purple * ~7000ea == 336,000

That's about 85k per hour while doing nothing but click a few of buttons every 10-12 minutes and list the results on the GTN.

Edited by Khevar

Well, I found myself curious about this, so I checked it out on BG (sorted by cheapest price each).

-snip-

Nicely done.

Looks like there are a lot of opportunities to make some credits. Some of those things I would buy up at that price for later use - treat the gatherers as suppliers / wholesalers. Some are obviously priced at a great point to undercut by a little and make many times your cost as profit. And some of those things are in my "no-go" zone, priced where I don't want to buy, but don't want to compete yet.

Overall, yeah, what you just wrote up is money for anyone who cares to run a few crew skill missions while they're playing whatever aspect of the game they dig most.

Color Crystals

Grade 2 (Igneous) - 228

Grade 3 (Opaque) - 196

Grade 4 (Solid) - 200

Grade 5 (Lucent) - 1999

Underworld Metals (Blue)

Grade 4 (Titanium) - 599

Grade 9 (Frasium) - 249

Grade 3 (Krayt) - 7000

Grade 4 (Septsilk) - 550

Slicing (Blue)

Grade 2 - 60

Grade 3 - 100

Grade 4 - 169

Grade 5 - 360

Grade 6 - 399

Grade 9 - 175

Slicing (Purple)

Grade 2 - 3000

Grade 3 - 10000

Grade 4 - 2000

Grade 5 - 5000

Grade 6 - 5000

Grade 9 - 19999

3. I don't dabble in color crystals, so I'm not sure how those are doing. Grade 5/6 colors are surprisingly high.

4. UT fabrics have gone up. In some cases, they've gone up extensively. This shouldn't be a surprise, they used to be vendor trash for most players.

5. Mid-level slicing blue mats have gone up a little. Mid-level purples have gone up more.

Glancing at this list, I would pick ALUSTEEL and KRAYT DRAGON SCALES as my primary focus. KILLIK-SILK looks attractive, but I'm not really sure they they'll sell at that price before 2.9 (when more players will realize the value).

Grade 2 and 3 UT Metals missions take 10 and 12 minute to run, respectively. I could keep perhaps 2-3 missions running at all times, all while doing NOT DAILIES (:p). This is the weekend, so I could put in a few more hours (lets say 6 hours between Saturday and Sunday).

6 hours == 360 minutes

That's about 85k per hour while doing nothing but click a few of buttons every 10-12 minutes and list the results on the GTN.

I would say prices may vary depending on the population of the server. More people on the server usually means higher supply and lower costs. I'm sure the trend that certain mats will become more expensive because they are more in demand will drive the cost up, it just will vary how steeply the price goes up.

Color Crystals

Grade 2 (Igneous) - 228

Grade 3 (Opaque) - 196

Grade 4 (Solid) - 200

Grade 5 (Lucent) - 1999

Underworld Metals (Blue)

Grade 4 (Titanium) - 599

Grade 9 (Frasium) - 249

Grade 3 (Krayt) - 7000

Grade 4 (Septsilk) - 550

Slicing (Blue)

Grade 2 - 60

Grade 3 - 100

Grade 4 - 169

Grade 5 - 360

Grade 6 - 399

Grade 9 - 175

Slicing (Purple)

Grade 2 - 3000

Grade 3 - 10000

Grade 4 - 2000

Grade 5 - 5000

Grade 6 - 5000

Grade 9 - 19999

6 hours == 360 minutes

Hey, you know what? Looking at my servers GTN, half of those are not even available right now...

People hare hoarding.

Summary:

Dailies ran: Oricon, Section X (minus H4 and weekly), Black Hole, Ilum, and CZ-198 (minus weekly and FPs obviously).

Time Spent: 1 hour 52 minutes, 17 seconds (1.87 hours).

Total credits earned = 878,966

Credits per hour = 470,035.3

Credit Gain Breakdown:

Starting credits = 28,224,433

Credits after mission turn ins, credit drops off mobs, and minus credits spent to send companions on missions = 28,575,681

Net gain from mission turn ins only = 351,248

Credits after vendoring trash drops = 28,633,971

Net gain from missions plus vendor trash = 409,538

66 basic comms gained = 1.89 Isotope5s (Isotope5 = 35 basic comms)

Isos on my server right now are 120k each. 1.89 Isos = 226,800 credits

Net gain from missions, vendor trash, and basic comms = 636,338

Value of crafting mats gathered by companions during the 1.87 hours = 136,147

Net gain = 772,485

40 classic comms = 1/3rd of an Offhand, so approximately 10k credits.

Net gain = 782,485

Approximate value of purple, blue, and orange drops placed on the GTN = 192,961

These items may or may not sell, so we'll only add half the total to our net, half = 96,481 credits

Net gain = 878,966

Credits per hour: 878,966 / 1.87 = 470,035.3

If all those GTN items sell then we are looking at:

Net Gain = 975,446

Credits per hour = 521,629

Why You Can Do Better:

- I ran in tank spec with tank gear on. You might be able to burn through them faster than me as a well geared well played DPS.

- My crew skills were Archaeology and Underworld Trading. With a better combination, you could easily earn quite a bit more than I did from gathering.

- I got zero crits from UT, so pretty much all my UT runs were a net loss of credits.

- I did zero research before hand of what grade Archaeology mats to farm, I just defaulted to grade 9. By mixing in Rich missions of lower grades, I may have earned higher returns.

- I just did the missions that I felt like doing, I did not put any thought into what would get me the most basic comms or anything. I also skipped a lot of bonus missions that were even slightly inconvenient.

- I didn't use my Heroic Moments or anything because I am kind of out of practice at soloing stuff since I hardly have any time to play, so with proper use you could shave even more time off the clock.

This was a fun little experiment. While 1 million per hour is most likely out of reach, you could EASILY earn 500k per hour. I am guessing even as high as 750k per hour would be possible with some planning.

Thanks for this... I kept track today and sure enough 767K

Hey, you know what? Looking at my servers GTN, half of those are not even available right now...

People hare hoarding.

its those damn Jawa's... stockpiling for the GSH realease, when everyone is going to be scrambling for mats.

**makes note to buy addition bank space **

Noone sane in their mind is claiming such. There is a difference between theoretical impossibility and reasonability.

There is nothing unreasonable about 50 million credits. According to the analysis I did a couple pages back that got drowned in your spam and pseudo arguments, one person can easily earn 1million credits every two hours, with the potential to cut that time down even more. So that is about 100 hours of playtime to earn the ship. Divide that by the number of people in your guild. If you have 8 people in your guild, that is only 12.5 hours each to earn an aircraft carrier.

And that is not even the fastest way to make credits in the game.

I've read it. Apart from being filled with assumptions about server-specific economy and being able to sell things on the GTN, it also completely misses the point people make about the price tag.

We know its theoretically possible. So why are you trying to provide numbers for an item nobody is disputing?

I've read it. Apart from being filled with assumptions about server-specific economy and being able to sell things on the GTN, it also completely misses the point people make about the price tag.

We know its theoretically possible. So why are you trying to provide numbers for an item nobody is disputing?

Setting the GTN aside, assuming those things sell for 0 credits, not even vendor value, it's still 470k credits per hour.

What exactly is your point on the price tag, aside from you already have the funds but just don't want to pay them?

Please don't tell us to page through your hundreds of posts to try to figure it out. You should be able to easily articulate it in 1 or 2 sentences.

Setting the GTN aside, assuming those things sell for 0 credits, not even vendor value, it's still 470k credits per hour.

What exactly is your point on the price tag, aside from you already have the funds but just don't want to pay them?

Please don't tell us to page through your hundreds of posts to try to figure it out. You should be able to easily articulate it in 1 or 2 sentences.

It's pretty simple, and completely subjective: "It's too expensive"

This is not something anyone's going to convince other people about. If they could easily afford it with their playstyle they wouldn't be complaining. They don't necessarily want it handed to them, they just don't want to alter how they play to get it.

Too bad, I say.

Edited by hadoken

If they could easily afford it with their playstyle they wouldn't be complaining.

Ahem, no, just for the record. Multiple people with the ability to purchase the guildship or even multiples of it still consider it ridiculously overpriced.

It's pretty simple, and completely subjective: "It's too expensive"

This is not something anyone's going to convince other people about. If they could easily afford it with their playstyle they wouldn't be complaining. They don't necessarily want it handed to them, they just don't want to alter how they play to get it.

Too bad, I say.

He can easily afford it. he has written as much. He doesn't have to alter how he plays at all. Funds are already there.

He just doesn't want to spend the credits, near as I can tell, which just means he doesn't value the ship, not that it's priced to be unattainable.

Edited by DarthTHC

Ahem, no, just for the record. Multiple people with the ability to purchase the guildship or even multiples of it still consider it ridiculously overpriced.

And I know people who could buy a couple of summer houses without even feeling a sting in their wallet that still think it's "too expensive" to go on vacation abroad.

Never underestimate peoples stinginess.

After all, there is some truth behind the expression "you don't get rich by spending"...

A fun example would be my own mother who just recently complained that it was "too expensive" to go to the movies to watch a movie she wanted to watch, but then just two hours later decides that she wants to go visit her old childhood home in the Stockholm Archipelago... something that will be vastly more expensive than going to the movies to watch that movie she really wanted to watch.

There's not always logic in what people consider too expensive in this world.

He can easily afford it. he has written as much. He doesn't have to alter how he plays at all. Funds are already there.

He just doesn't want to spend the credits, near as I can tell, which just means he doesn't value the ship, not that it's priced to be unattainable.

Ah well in that case his argument is even more retarded, at least mine made some sense :p

Color Crystals

Grade 2 (Igneous) - 228

Grade 3 (Opaque) - 196

Grade 4 (Solid) - 200

Grade 5 (Lucent) - 1999

Underworld Metals (Blue)

Grade 4 (Titanium) - 599

Grade 9 (Frasium) - 249

Grade 3 (Krayt) - 7000

Grade 4 (Septsilk) - 550

Slicing (Blue)

Grade 2 - 60

Grade 3 - 100

Grade 4 - 169

Grade 5 - 360

Grade 6 - 399

Grade 9 - 175

Slicing (Purple)

Grade 2 - 3000

Grade 3 - 10000

Grade 4 - 2000

Grade 5 - 5000

Grade 6 - 5000

Grade 9 - 19999

6 hours == 360 minutes

Kudos. That is the reason I don't sell my mats except Thermal Regulators. I don't want to have to buy it off the GTN.

Ah well in that case his argument is even more retarded, at least mine made some sense :p

Yes. Because its completely unreasonable for someone to care about others being able to buy that guild ship they've wanted for years.

Not everyone is an egoist.