Who is still left?

BW isn't worried about the 0.1% of the 1% of elite players. A lot of players base their decisions of staying or leaving on whether or not their PVE heroes are still here but the way BW sees it, elite tier endgame is a cost center not a revenue center. In one of the past SWTOR streams with Musco and some guy named Toby Mccall he mentioned how he used to be one of the pve flashpoint/ops designers but recently moved to the Cartel Market team. If they didn't backfill his position that's a clear indication of shifting priorities. More CM designers, less ops designers.

There was also buzz back around the time of server mergers and before the debut of the cartel market of BW shedding game designers. Some viewed it (yet another) death nell for the game. In fact, the heavy lifting was done. What do you do with that many people? Do you keep they working at the same pace? Do they continue cranking out 15 - 20 new planets per year?

And you don't really need as many designers once you've got the building blocks in place. You build the scenery, sprinkle generously with mobs, add the bosses, do the cut-scenes and voice acting. BAM! New FP/OP.

But you really have to pace the new content or risk overwhelming people. Each new OP introduces a new tier of gear.

How may times do you think people will do the latest operation knowing any new equipment will be obsolete in a couple weeks?

That's the reason behind lock-outs. So you don't farm an operation to exhaustion in the first week then QQ for more.

Not all progression raiders "just log in except on raid nights." I personally enjoy the game & what it has to offer, but I do know the types of people you are referring to. And the OP is not talking about time to complete the operation, but just trying to see how many guilds are still currently raiding week to week within this content cycle.

Nobody said ALL. But you know good and well that's exactly how some play it.

There are currently 6 - 8 progression raiding groups in my guild. They are still recruiting though. It's an adult guild, and adults have to put family and work ahead of play, and sometimes that means leaving the game. Other times it just means they can only log in for 2 or 3 hours, one night a week.

Edited by JacksonMo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this thread got derailed hard AF

this was meant to just be a Role Call of who was still hanging around.

litterally just a

"Hey, Im XXXX from <XXXX> and we are still raiding"

or Unfortunately <XXXXX> no longer raids.

good show though

this thread got derailed hard AF

this was meant to just be a Role Call of who was still hanging around.

litterally just a

"Hey, Im XXXX from <XXXX> and we are still raiding"

or Unfortunately <XXXXX> no longer raids.

good show though

Well posts like "We don't do stuff any more and nobody good does stuff any more on our server except one guild" didn't help when on that same server There is at least 4-5 guilds I know off that are working on Council fight and 2 guilds that already done it.

On TRE I know of:

-Manticore (4/5 DP NiM 2 teams on council)

-Titans (not sure on exact progress but I think they are on council as well)

-DiLiH - cleared, attempting Timed Run

-Enraged (I don't know exact progress but they got DF NiM title as one of first repside so they are good)

-Dxun Rising - cleared Council

-DoB and Reckoning posted in this thread

-2x imp guild I don't know anyone in but I know they are deep into DP NiM

-Darklight is deep into DP NiM as well.

I am sure there is more rep guilds doing it as well. So it's not like the scene is dead on TRE.

Yea Drop it are still ticking over on TRE. It's summer and most of us like drinking cold beer and going outside when its hot so we are taking things pretty chill atm. We have two teams running DP atm Edited by Lacedemon

On TRE I know of:

-Manticore (4/5 DP NiM 2 teams on council)

-Titans (not sure on exact progress but I think they are on council as well)

-DiLiH - cleared, attempting Timed Run

-Enraged (I don't know exact progress but they got DF NiM title as one of first repside so they are good)

-Dxun Rising - cleared Council

-DoB and Reckoning posted in this thread

-2x imp guild I don't know anyone in but I know they are deep into DP NiM

-Darklight is deep into DP NiM as well.

I am sure there is more rep guilds doing it as well. So it's not like the scene is dead on TRE.

Too add to that; PCG and Heresy no idea what their progress is however. Not sure if they are still going but I have seen that Slash Stuck advertising in chat. I think Move Along (not sure if they visit the forums) are 4/5; Shades of Grey too I think are 4/5.

Don't really chat with GMs of other guilds like I used to (except Myuzka) so not as hot on what everyone is up to like I used to. Guess I should start using redeclipse.eu more

Edited by Lacedemon

Too add to that; PCG and Heresy no idea what their progress is however. Not sure if they are still going but I have seen that Slash Stuck advertising in chat. I think Move Along (not sure if they visit the forums) are 4/5; Shades of Grey too I think are 4/5.

Don't really chat with GMs of other guilds like I used to (except Myuzka) so not as hot on what everyone is up to like I used to. Guess I should start using redeclipse.eu more

4/5 as well

Ambassadors is still alive. We only need 1 day (3 hours raid day) to clear DF & DP Nim so we have more time for other stuff. So far we cleared every ID since First Kill without a lack of member leaving or other stuff.

Seven Stuck is almost dead if there isn´t a miracle that would reviev them couze members quit for WS i think.

The only Guild that could wipe on German Side at Council is Black Bantha. :confused::(:(:(:(:(

<Death and Taxes> is still alive and well, we're killing Council every week for the past three weeks, and the past two weeks we have cleared the instance in one night, the most recent lockout being 5/5 NiM DP in roughly 90 minutes. We are pretty confident of a Dread Master timed run in the next week or two at the latest, if I'm being honest. We've also recently recruited a few more people and in the first run with them, we knocked out a quick Gatecrasher.

This atmosphere of raid guilds quitting or losing too many members to raid progression, or just seeing the community stagnate is absolutely unfortunate, and I hope that the situation improves for 3.0.... But I'd be lying to you if I didn't say that this atmosphere is PERFECT for a guild to recruit and get better for the next tier. This might be the best time in the history of this game to recruit NiM raiders and shake up the landscape.

To the guilds still raiding, best of luck to you. To the guilds looking to get back into progression for the next tier, now's the time. And to the guilds that are RIP in Ravioli, so long and thanks for all the fish.

we are not even close to top guild, probably not even close to mid progress guilds but we have two teams progressing DF NIM 4/5.

We have a lot of mature players which can't raid as much as they would like to and with summer holidays we are lucky if we get 2 hours of raid time a week.

In the summer months its normal for any game to have lower numbers of players due to what i already mentioned. Younger population is away from collage/uni. Older population goes on vacation with Families.

I have 10 people in our main group and currently there seems to always be like 7 available.

I am hoping for our guild to become more competitive in 3.0 with other progression guilds. I can see a lot of improvement in our team and once summer holidays time is over we should be back to 4 night (2 hours a night) raiding and getting ready for better progression push :).

Edited by Macio

Regarding NiM runs I always use the following tiers of guilds

Tier 1 guilds = hardcore guilds running for worlds 1st

Tier 2 guilds = Guilds with the ambition of clearing NiM in their own pace

Tier 3 guilds = Casual guilds who dabble a bit with NiMs

I consider my guild The Twin Suns Squadron on TRE a tier 2 guild. We are still around and if i'm correct already since launch (4/5 DF NiM). Since 2.0 my fixed team only had 1 person leaving the group. I guess you can call it that we are still around.

I don't consider my 2nd guild Dauntless a real NiM capable guild but we do go in DF NiM once per week on a casual basis (1/5 DF NiM).

It seems that the TOFN NIM scene has been hit the hardest *what a shocker ... this is not *. , <Rebel Dream>, used to have server first DF NiM pre nerf 5/5 and 4/5 with our second team getting to 20% at Brontes in 8M. We almost had two progression teams killing Brontes pre nerf on a weekly basis.

BW made a big mistake to release DP NiM at a time where people had exams, started to go on holidays, and, of course, wanted to try Wildstar. One of the victims of such a badly timed release was my team. From getting Brontes down in under an hour pre and post nerf we got to a point where we could barely pull Bestia for 40 minutes because people had to go. That was the best case scenario the first month. Consequently, we had to adjust our approach and started taking more and more DF 1/5 more people in DF to clear it for speeders. Then the core group from my team went on holidays so there was no raiding done for 1 month :(.

The pool of players on TOFN is not as healthy as the 'Death and Taxes' dude is saying. The majority of guilds lack 2-3 people and have been playing together since Denova HM. You can't recruit decent and committed raiders because they either come as a package, which you cannot accommodate, or they don't want to leave their long time raiding group.

The ugly truth is that people are losing motivation even after clearing content. They feel that 1 year old instances with extra mechanics are not something new for them. BW seems to kill guilds with every tier of NiM operations it is releasing. They have a knack for 'rebuild and start over guys'. Does this not look familiar? Oh, you dinged 55, have had content on farm for a year? No new content for you, make alts. I am fed up with this so I won't do it anymore :). Could be a plan from BW to weed out most of the guilds, I don't know, but to have such a broken release schedule for NiM is mind boggling.

The bright side in this whole summertime madness is that what used to by our second team during DF NiM, now they have become our No1 team and they are clearing DP NiM 4/5 on a weekly basis. So out of two raiding teams, one is still alive and kicking and has spent the time to get to Council. Hats off to them for raiding when most have lost the will, interest, and players.They kill DP NiM and I pug people to farm speeders as Brontes allows you to carry quite a few people if you had it on farm for months.

Edited by Leafy_Bug

It seems that the TOFN NIM scene has been hit the hardest *what a shocker ... this is not *. , <Rebel Dream>, used to have server first DF NiM pre nerf 5/5 and 4/5 with our second team getting to 20% at Brontes in 8M. We almost had two progression teams killing Brontes pre nerf on a weekly basis.

BW made a big mistake to release DP NiM at a time where people had exams, started to go on holidays, and, of course, wanted to try Wildstar. One of the victims of such a badly timed release was my team. From getting Brontes down in under an hour pre and post nerf we got to a point where we could barely pull Bestia for 40 minutes because people had to go. That was the best case scenario the first month. Consequently, we had to adjust our approach and started taking more and more DF 1/5 more people in DF to clear it for speeders. Then the core group from my team went on holidays so there was no raiding done for 1 month :(.

The pool of players on TOFN is not as healthy as the 'Death and Taxes' dude is saying. The majority of guilds lack 2-3 people and have been playing together since Denova HM. You can't recruit decent and committed raiders because they either come as a package, which you cannot accommodate, or they don't want to leave their long time raiding group.

The ugly truth is that people are losing motivation even after clearing content. They feel that 1 year old instances with extra mechanics are not something new for them. BW seems to kill guilds with every tier of NiM operations it is releasing. They have a knack for 'rebuild and start over guys'. Does this not look familiar? Oh, you dinged 55, have had content on farm for a year? No new content for you, make alts. I am fed up with this so I won't do it anymore :). Could be a plan from BW to weed out most of the guilds, I don't know, but to have such a broken release schedule for NiM is mind boggling.

The bright side in this whole summertime madness is that what used to by our second team during DF NiM, now they have become our No1 team and they are clearing DP NiM 4/5 on a weekly basis. So out of two raiding teams, one is still alive and kicking and has spent the time to get to Council. Hats off to them for raiding when most have lost the will, interest, and players.They kill DP NiM and I pug people to farm speeders as Brontes allows you to carry quite a few people if you had it on farm for months.

There's something you may misunderstand: I'm not talking about the pool of players on your server. I'm talking about in the game, period. Death and Taxes? We didn't get players from POT5 only. Myself? From Harbinger. Our PT that kites Raptus on council? From Harbinger. We have reached out to players from Shadowlands, Harbinger, etc.

As for raiders being bored of the content? Yep, that's true, and that's on Bioware. DNT lost the following during this tier:

One of our two main tanks (aka one of our two tanks) from every major progression cycle this game has had.

One of our best healers (and one of the best sorc healers this game has ever seen) that was lead healing from TFB-DF NiM.

TWO of our highest parsing DPS.

All during this cycle of progression. And BTW, contrary to popular belief, DNT is a SMALL progression guild. As in, during NiM DP progression for us, the most people online would be 9. And that was at raid time. So losing 4 people that were actually SEEING progression? That's a huge loss. And there are other guilds that lost FAR more than what I've listed. But DNT recruited talent. On their server. On other servers. Other guilds have done the same. You want to survive in this climate, you have to think outside of the box.

I have good respect for your guild, and I'm not implying it's 100% guild's fault for losing players. But this atmosphere IS good for recruiting NiM raiders, and if you can't see that, IDK what to tell you

TheBlackForge is TOFN 5/5 DF NIM server first, way before you ;)

Thx, Nice that you point that, but I guess he wont change his mind and keep saying all around that they were first:)

If you are going to quote something at least do it right ;). Let me help you with your misconstrued statements. I love selective reading and not even bothering. I am here to clarify :

The above quote clearly explains that Rebel Dream had two teams. We were server first with one team killing Brontes regularly and a second getting her to 20 %. There was no other 8 man guild running two teams that far during the NiM debuff. Exactly what my post claims. I have never claimed we were server first DF 5/5 but 'server first DF 5/5 and 4/5 with our second team getting to 20% at Brontes in 8M. Isn't it nice when you quote the whole thing and you take your foot out of your mouth?

I understand this is a forum, we read the beginning of a sentence and we already make our keyboard warrior answer without reading and caring what the guy posting meant. I still love you guys!

There's something you may misunderstand: I'm not talking about the pool of players on your server. I'm talking about in the game, period. Death and Taxes? We didn't get players from POT5 only. Myself? From Harbinger. Our PT that kites Raptus on council? From Harbinger. We have reached out to players from Shadowlands, Harbinger, etc.

As for raiders being bored of the content? Yep, that's true, and that's on Bioware. DNT lost the following during this tier:

One of our two main tanks (aka one of our two tanks) from every major progression cycle this game has had.

One of our best healers (and one of the best sorc healers this game has ever seen) that was lead healing from TFB-DF NiM.

All during this cycle of progression. And BTW, contrary to popular belief, DNT is a SMALL progression guild. As in, during NiM DP progression for us, the most people online would be 9. And that was at raid time. So losing 4 people that were actually SEEING progression? That's a huge loss. And there are other guilds that lost FAR more than what I've listed. But DNT recruited talent. On their server. On other servers. Other guilds have done the same. You want to survive in this climate, you have to think outside of the box.

I have good respect for your guild, and I'm not implying it's 100% guild's fault for losing players. But this atmosphere IS good for recruiting NiM raiders, and if you can't see that, IDK what to tell you

i am glad things worked out for you guys and you manage to constantly deliver world class kills. For some of us on TOFN, the amount of work required just to keep a team working is exceeding the benefits as of late. By the time we get back into DP, with summer holidays being over, the NiM debuff will be removed and we will probably not even bother with clearing DP. We will have to reconstruct again and continue with this vicious cycle which I won't do. 3 years is enough ;)

Edited by Leafy_Bug

Then tell that correctly. Getting Brontes to 20% means nothing to me, It not even worth to mention tbh. Yea server first IN ALMOST KILLING Brontes....When you finally kill Council are you going to say server first in DP NiM 5/5 and 1/5 with our second team also?

Then tell that correctly. Getting Brontes to 20% means nothing to me, It not even worth to mention tbh. Yea server first IN ALMOST KILLING Brontes....When you finally kill Council are you going to say server first in DP NiM 5/5 and 1/5 with our second team also?

At the end of the day, any progress needs to be recognized and mutual respect between guilds needs to exist. You claim that my second team's progress is not worth mentioning and that is your prerogative.Your post is clearly based on a small guild mentality and I won't blame you, however, I respectfully disagree with your claims that having a second team getting Brontes to 20% is not worth mentioning when the majority barely got to wave 6 at draxus and one or two guilds barely made the first shield at Brontes.

In the above perspective, as in the whole picture, which you do not seem to see, things are pretty clear. Good luck with your progress in DP. If we manage a similar performance with our teams one killing DP NiM 5/5 and another 4/5, you can rest assured we will make sure to include it in our CV as it is worth mentioning. In the case nobody else will do this, it will be again a server first to have two teams, one clearing DP NiM fully and the other getting 4/5. No shame in stating the truth when it comes to your guild's NiM progression.

Edited by Leafy_Bug

wait so im confused, who got server first 5/5 nim df clear on tofn?

Looks like the black forge, but rebel dream is server first to have their B team further progressed than the A team in palace? My head hurts

Edited by namesaretough

You lost enkay to a RL issue. Why he didn't come back no idea

You lost turtle due to a argument not the raids

It was beneficial losing Silent he while a good dps had no idea what raiding at progression level is.

Wookie seemed like silent v2.

This is from outside perspective please don't be mad.

Zorz stuff

We're running once a week as for future plans don't know. I think the zorz group ruined guilds for me and I think wildstar ruined raiding for me. Truthfully speaking I think wildstar is the better raiding game or doing what we did in zorz ruined my raiding expectations or large scale raiding isn't for me. Missing days, being ok with subpar players because "friends", doing 40 minutes explanations of fights is meh at best.

If I did come back with new content it would be a fun challenge maintaining a roster for 6-9 months until NM and actually doing the GM thing rather then inheriting a roster that was good and filling in the blanks and running it better.

Though NM is the best time to recruit because guilds flop and those that are actually hungry let you know they are hungry and more often than not they are worth the investment.

I'm emo and its 7:30 AM goodbye

Edited by JDotter

Rika from Not Good Enough, 16man Guild on Tomb of Freedon Nadd checking in, we are not really affected that much by the summer and continue going, however naturally players from our normal raidteam goes on vacation so not been able to down council yet due to new ppl on new roles week to week. But it should go down pretty soon as vacations/holidays are ending. At the side we are running some 8man teams with alts, not got a Council kill yet but got other bosses down pretty fast, 2nd to the ppl at TheBlackForged thought.

Tomb of Freedon Nadd is working out pretty nicly in terms of Nightmare raiding, quite a few guilds are running the content even thought not all are doing it successfully, We get a few applications a month so there is players that are interested and I think that once Nightmare Power comes off more guilds will start doing the content and try it out for themselves. But some guilds are still on Fortress (ie. haven't killed Brontes) and most of those are waiting to do Palace I think to get Brontes down =)