Let me save you all 50 million credits for Legacy Storage

Transairion

Hey that's your loss..

Actually it would be a persons loss if they were to have their whole life devoted to just a game without having a Real Life. That would be sad.

Of course, i wished i had I had 150 million creds, but don't have time.

Edited by MandFlurry

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it interesting how alot of people seem to have this all-or-nothing mentality.

80 slots is not enough? Fair enough.

But 160 isn't enough either?

or 240?

or even 320?

No, it has to be all 400 slots or nothing.

160 slots couldn't POSSIBLY be enough.

240 slots is NOTHING.

320 slots is WOEFULLY INADEQUATE.

It HAS to be 400 slots.

EDIT: Not to mention that some who are "outraged" about the 50 million price tag wouldn't buy it even if it was 10 million because it doesn't have the functionalities that they want. Which pretty much makes their outrage over the price completely invalid.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Really?

Because if you put your legacy bank right next to your cargo hold, you'll have it pretty convenient. Especially since the travel time to the strongholds are a few seconds and you can return to exactly where you were again within a few seconds more.

But if you still consider mail transfer more efficient then sure. (even with a mail bot it'll take you something like 6 seconds of channeling to summon it, which is about the same time it takes to travel to the stronghold. And it won't cost you any money to transfer and you can transfer more than 8 items at the same time)

I'm sorry. I didn't realize existence of stronghold made planetary loading screens shorter. :rolleyes: and it will cost me 50 million up front to transfer. or do you mean those 80 free slots? I was never going to use them to mail legacy gear or anything like that. because its not enough to store mats for even one profession, its going to be relegated for companion gift storage. (and even those won't be able to fit fully, but at least I can shove higher ranks in there)

and yes. 160 at 5 mill is not worth it. 240 at 15 mil is even less worth it. because of the cost vs gain.

Edited by Jeweledleah

when you have 10 gathering only alts for the other 6 crafting alts, and need to swap 4 times to get things crafted, you'd understand the use of the legacy cargo, but yeah, 50 million is kinda too expensive Edited by Horaciozhao

Why not simply buy 'additional Legacy Storage tab' off the GTN x 4 if you're going that route?

I was under the impression it couldn't be sold on the GTN.

Though I'm a little doubtful GTN sellers will be so kind as to not just list them 1 credit lower than the actual cost.

If it can be sold on the GTN though that just sort of makes the 50 million cost irrevelent, doesn't it, if they can be bought 10x cheaper right? Like say the second tab is 5 mil right? Wouldn't every one be listed for 4.9 mil on the GTN then?

I find it interesting how alot of people seem to have this all-or-nothing mentality.

80 slots is not enough? Fair enough.

But 160 isn't enough either?

or 240?

or even 320?

No, it has to be all 400 slots or nothing.

160 slots couldn't POSSIBLY be enough.

240 slots is NOTHING.

320 slots is WOEFULLY INADEQUATE.

It HAS to be 400 slots.

Well 160 slots won't hold all my main's crafting mats and he barely crafts. All 400 slots won't hold all my 55's mats and there's like, 3 of them that actually craft. And that's not including all the other stuff I'd want to put in. Crafting would be the most useful thing and it won't be able to do that for me so why pay a high price for something barely useful?

400 slots isn't as much as you'd think if you're trying to keep and organize things than just selling/trashing the moment you don't think they're useful anymore.

Edited by Transairion

I'm sorry. I didn't realize existence of stronghold made planetary loading screens shorter. :rolleyes: and it will cost me 50 million up front to transfer. or do you mean those 80 free slots? I was never going to use them to mail legacy gear or anything like that. because its not enough to store mats for even one profession, its going to be relegated for companion gift storage. (and even those won't be able to fit fully, but at least I can shove higher ranks in there)

and yes. 160 at 5 mill is not worth it. 240 at 15 mil is even less worth it. because of the cost vs gain.

You should try strongholds on the PTS. They load really fast.

So you're saying that while it would be more efficient to be able to transfer up to 80 items between characters in one go, you'll instead chose to use the 8 max way of mail because... "you don't want to use it"?

That's what I'm getting from what you write anyway.

Actually it would be a persons loss if they were to have their whole life devoted to just a game without having a Real Life. That would be sad.

Of course, i wished i had I had 150 million creds, but don't have time.

You don't need to devote your entire life to the game to get 50 million credits tho O.o

You don't need to devote your entire life to the game to get 50 million credits tho O.o

I devoted 45 minutes to it this morning and got 250.000 credits.

That's a quarter of a million.

In 45 minutes.

Certainly not going to take me "devoting my entire life" to get 50 million should I chose to do so.

devoted 45 minutes to it this morning and got 250.000 credits.

That's a quarter of a million.

In 45 minutes.

Certainly not going to take me "devoting my entire life" to get 50 million should I chose to do so.

It's 9000 minutes/160 hours of "play" time grinding credits using your method.

Most people would prefer actually playing the game to be honest.

Frankly I'm concerned why anyone at all in the world actually wants to pay a higher price if Bioware can be convinced to lower it.... you all gluttons for punishment or what? If you're rich you can keep extra and if you're poor you might be able to afford it.

What exactly is the downside exactly?

Though I'm a little doubtful GTN sellers will be so kind as to not just list them 1 credit lower than the actual cost.

If it can be sold on the GTN though that just sort of makes the 50 million cost irrevelent, doesn't it, if they can be bought 10x cheaper right? Like say the second tab is 5 mil right? Wouldn't every one be listed for 4.9 mil on the GTN then?

Well 160 slots won't hold all my main's crafting mats and he barely crafts. All 400 slots won't hold all my 55's mats and there's like, 3 of them that actually craft. And that's not including all the other stuff I'd want to put in. Crafting would be the most useful thing and it won't be able to do that for me so why pay a high price for something barely useful?

400 slots isn't as much as you'd think if you're trying to keep and organize things than just selling/trashing the moment you don't think they're useful anymore.

Well 400 slots isn't much if you want to cram everything you own in there.

I have 3 tabs full of mats on each of my crafters.

But I only use about 1/3rd of a full tab of mats 99% of the time.

Because I hardly ever craft anything that requires mats of lower level than 9.

Like I've said before, as a crafter you don't need every possible mat you could every use available to you at all time. You'll only need the ones that you most commonly use.

And for that, the legacy bank works just fine.

The problem with how most people view LS is that they view it as just "ooh more storage, I can put all my crap in there".

It's not just storage. It's communal storage. You can have all your gatherer toons just drop off the mats they find in the LS instead of sending it over with mail every now and then.

It's a huge convenience to be able to do that. And it's great for transferring other things like mods to alts you are levelling for example.

But most people view it as just "more storage".

If you barely craft on 3 characters 160 Slots is going to be more than enough across 3 professions. Hell even 80 will do.

Frankly I'm concerned why anyone at all in the world actually wants to pay a higher price if Bioware can be convinced to lower it.... you all gluttons for punishment or what? If you're rich you can keep extra and if you're poor you might be able to afford it.

Grinding credits in-game is playing the game actually... Dailies are still quests.

I'm more concerned with why you care if others choose to pay prices that you don't want to pay. If they lower it cool, if not why does it matter to you, if someone else willingly pays it or not?

You should try strongholds on the PTS. They load really fast.

So you're saying that while it would be more efficient to be able to transfer up to 80 items between characters in one go, you'll instead chose to use the 8 max way of mail because... "you don't want to use it"?

That's what I'm getting from what you write anyway.

now. why would I need to transfer 80 items between characters on regular basis? do pray tell? if you mean crafting mats, like I said, I mail them as I get them.

and I have tried strongholds on pts. THEY load really fast. going BACK to planets FROM strongholds? live? going to load fast? whom are you trying to kid? me? or yourself?

and my god do you love to put words in my mouth.

1. I would not use it to transfer. I would use it to STORE. the whole idea of being able to craft directly from it was supposed to negate the need for additional transfer. if only it wasn't so pricey. if only.

2. but since I cannot use it to store all the mats I want to - there absolutely no point in disturbing my currently existing system fragmenting it, where I could just use this limited space to store something that doesn't require as much space.

the only things I mail back and forth on regular basis is raiding legacy gear. which is 9 items. or 2 mails. you are telling me it would be more efficient for me to take one character, transfer them to stronghold, drop of gear, log in on the other character, transfer them to stronghold (or have them parked there) grab gear, go through extra loading screen to take them where they originally were (not sure if previous destination is saved after logout, but even if it is - when I go back to them I have character login loading screen AND character going back to their original spot loading screen. instead of just character loading screen) that this is better than just summoning mail droid to pick up mail with at least one less loading screen?

incidentally. you really should pay more attention to pts yourself and why crafters would like to store variety of mats there instead merely of max level ones.

pay particular attention to kits used to buy decorations. oh hell - here's the link, I'll make it even easier for you http://tor-decorating.com/crafting-prefabs-dark-project/ (and even without that. you don't level alts and don't craft gear for them as they level, do yah.... )

Edited by Jeweledleah

Why this "I have to afford everything immediately" attitude?

I just don't get it.

Yes, it's 160 hours of play to get 50 million.

But you'll get your 5 million for the first unlock really quickly.

After that it's not much work to get the 10 million one.

And so on and so forth.

Why do you have to grind all 50 million at once?

I prefer soloing dailies than doing Flashpoints with PUGs. Monetary aspect aside, that way I know that Force Wave will be used when and if required.

I already have 4 bank slots and all of my character inventory slots unlocked account wide.

I am almost exclusively a crafter at this point in time. Legacy storage is useless to me.

In most cases it would be more cost effective to simply buy independent crafting resource stockpiles for each of your characters than to share one with all of them. 50 million credits can buy you a lot of material.

Plus with my methods of acquiring resources, I would still be required to use the mailing system. Even if the legacy storage slots were free, I wouldn't find much use out of them. With my current stockpiles, I would probably max out the storage capacity already.

In order for legacy storage to be useful to me, I would need:

Resource stacks increased to at least 999.

additional storage bays more cost effective.

Credits shared server wide.

Crafting resources automatically placed into bank.

Only then would I be able to use legacy storage without remaining dependent on the mailing system.

Even with those changes I would still be required to log in and log out a million times a day onto each of my crafting characters so it's still completely useless. I might as well continue to use the mailing system.

Why this "I have to afford everything immediately" attitude?

I just don't get it.

Yes, it's 160 hours of play to get 50 million.

But you'll get your 5 million for the first unlock really quickly.

After that it's not much work to get the 10 million one.

And so on and so forth.

Why do you have to grind all 50 million at once?

If you dont get it, youre a strange little cookie, arent you?

Let me spell it out for you. Its 160 hours of MAXLEVELGRINDING!

For many of us (you know, the working people) thats 3 to 6 months of our time-budget, doing nothing but grinding, wit one character, without enjoying storylines, without actually progressing in any way.

Get it now?

If you dont get it, youre a strange little cookie, arent you?

Let me spell it out for you. Its 160 hours of MAXLEVELGRINDING!

For many of us (you know, the working people) thats 3 to 6 months of our time-budget, doing nothing but grinding, wit one character, without enjoying storylines, without actually progressing in any way.

Get it now?

You are acting like you have to do it all at once...

Set goals. Even the "working people" can do that....

Again missing the point. I wont do it, because I wont have the time, ever. Not in a million lifetimes. I spend my gametime playing the game, not grinding for credits. Neither will most of us.

Grinding credits in-game is playing the game actually... Dailies are still quests.

I'm more concerned with why you care if others choose to pay prices that you don't want to pay. If they lower it cool, if not why does it matter to you, if someone else willingly pays it or not?

I know the question wasn't shot at me directly. But for me I live in a house with 3 ppl disabled terminally. For me I along with some1 else has to try to care for 1 of them that is bed-ridden. If I have time to do other stuff it would be cleanin around the house or being almost bed-ridden myself. I also have done Real Real Life jobs being around the military over my whole life.

Have done RL jobs such as Construction, Mechanics, Electrical, Computers and lots of other odd jobs that are not like todays jobs where I would usually work up to 12 hours or more because of the FACT that you never left ur job until either the Job was done, Had to go home from pain taking Vicodins to help the pain, and or being told by the Boss to go home and get some rest. Right now i'm Retired.

WTH does this have to do about grinding money for a Stupid stronghold and other things to get enough Creds for everything.???

It's the Fact that ppl with Real Life situations like me, and am trying to get my Friends from 20 some years ago should be the First and Foremost thing in peoples lives. Getting out and making ur life worth living. Yes, I know that this is a good game to get away from the real World of crappy things, and that's fine. Up to a point in my view. I don't see grinding 50 million creds for a SH, that isn't even real to get everything is just wrong usually Because Usually the fact is ppl want a Stronghold/ Home for just pretend. To try to fill a void in peoples lives usually because they want to get away from theirs, and take that Home and decorate it as a Real life home which it isn't.

Most ppl in SWG seemed to use houses that way. And looking back at how many hours ppl would just stay in their homes is just disturbing. Ppl trying to use a House and a Guild ship to fill a Void in their lives. Guild ships thoughare different as it's for a Guild, not 1 person, though still 50 million for 1 is just rediculous for most of us.

I know the question wasn't shot at me directly. But for me I live in a house with 3 ppl disabled terminally. For me I along with some1 else has to try to care for 1 of them that is bed-ridden. If I have time to do other stuff it would be cleanin around the house or being almost bed-ridden myself. I also have done Real Real Life jobs being around the military over my whole life.

Have done RL jobs such as Construction, Mechanics, Electrical, Computers and lots of other odd jobs that are not like todays jobs where I would usually work up to 12 hours or more because of the FACT that you never left ur job until either the Job was done, Had to go home from pain taking Vicodins to help the pain, and or being told by the Boss to go home and get some rest. Right now i'm Retired.

WTH does this have to do about grinding money for a Stupid stronghold and other things to get enough Creds for everything.???

It's the Fact that ppl with Real Life situations like me, and am trying to get my Friends from 20 some years ago should be the First and Foremost thing in peoples lives. Getting out and making ur life worth living. Yes, I know that this is a good game to get away from the real World of crappy things, and that's fine. Up to a point in my view. I don't see grinding 50 million creds for a SH, that isn't even real to get everything is just wrong usually Because Usually the fact is ppl want a Stronghold/ Home for just pretend. To try to fill a void in peoples lives usually because they want to get away from theirs, and take that Home and decorate it as a Real life home which it isn't.

Most ppl in SWG seemed to use houses that way. And looking back at how many hours ppl would just stay in their homes is just disturbing. Ppl trying to use a House and a Guild ship to fill a Void in their lives. Guild ships thoughare different as it's for a Guild, not 1 person, though still 50 million for 1 is just rediculous for most of us.

I take care of my grandma with my brother. And I still have time to enjoy the game. What's your point?

Again missing the point. I wont do it, because I wont have the time, ever. Not in a million lifetimes. I spend my gametime playing the game, not grinding for credits. Neither will most of us.

Grinding for credits by doing dailies in the game is playing the game. Stop trying to say it's not.

Any in-game activity you do is playing the game.

It's the fact of these newer Generations of ppl these days. Most ppl are not patient like ppl would be 50-60yrs ago. Ppl these days want things NOW, not later