Good Intention should equal Rewards

mikebevo

Prices are fine in both

need something? work for it.

As i work so hard each month to have the creds to buy all new speeders. And rest of my time im trying to finish achievements.

That is my fun.

For others, fun means to do last ops in Hm and NiM.

For others, fun means to have all crystals or pets of the game.

For others, fun means to have as many achievements done as possible.

For others, fun is to have lvl 55 chars with each AC.

Arent all people have same goals.

And all goals arent easy for all.

If i see an unfairness, ill post it

bb :)

Edited by Kissakias

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I'm trying to say that I'm gated from incoming content if I don't agree to the exorbitant costs associated with buying a guild ship.

Like players are often gated from incoming content by gear requirements if they don't agree to the "grind" for that gear?

Guild ships should have been based on guild activities, not a credit sink just to remove credits from players. Things like completing in-game goals such as 5 Ops, 5 FPs, 5 GSF matches, 5 PvP matches...things like that.

Guild ships with no credit cost? In other words, for FREE? Why am I not surprised.

Like players are often gated from incoming content by gear requirements if they don't agree to the "grind" for that gear?

Guild ships with no credit cost? In other words, for FREE? Why am I not surprised.

I can take a fresh 50 player through EV, KP and EC while he wears greens...what the hell do you mean gated by gear??

However, I do consider this and GS content, I don't ignore it as content just because I don't like it. I just ignore doing that in game because I don't like it.

This needs emphasizing. Seriously just because you personally don't like some facet of the game does not make that part of the game not count as content.

Don't do it through Group Finder.

Even then, it's how we all beat it originally when level 50 gear was cap.

So should I suggest that you try to get 50 mil with no crafting skills and no CC's? The suggestion that content is gated by gear is silly. However, content is gated by the purchase of a guild ship.

Edited by TUXs

EV and KP maybe. I find it hard to believe that a group of 8 went into EC wearing greens and did well.

Edited by Khevar

I can take a fresh 50 player through EV, KP and EC while he wears greens...what the hell do you mean gated by gear??

Can you take that fresh 50 in greens through HM or NM OPS?

If not, I guess that would be content gated by gear, wouldn't it?

EV and KP maybe. I find it hard to believe that a group of 8 went into EC wearing greens and did well.

True. I only originally mentioned it to show how easy it is to gear up a new player with 3 Ops.

So should I suggest that you try to get 50 mil with no crafting skills and no CC's? The suggestion that content is gated by gear is silly. However, content is gated by the purchase of a guild ship.

Ops are gated by gear and skill.

PvP (success at it at least) is gated by gear and skill.

Guild ship content, whatever it will be, is gated by something that requires no skill - credits.

I would imagine that if you spent every minute you spend on the forums complaining of the cost of guild ships ingame earning your way toward a guild ship, your guild might eventually be able to get one.

Can you take that fresh 50 in greens through HM or NM OPS?

If not, I guess that would be content gated by gear, wouldn't it?

Apples and oranges. Without a guild ship, our guild can't even participate in Galactic Conquest. Without gear, we could try any Op we wanted.

True. I only originally mentioned it to show how easy it is to gear up a new player with 3 Ops.

This is true.

For that matter, a raiding guild that has DF/DP on farm can get a new 55 geared in 180s in half a day.

Edited by Khevar

Ops are gated by gear and skill.

PvP (success at it at least) is gated by gear and skill.

Which Operation prevents you from loading in due to gear?

Which Warzone boots you for the wrong gear?

Oh yeah...none.

I would imagine that if you spent every minute you spend on the forums complaining of the cost of guild ships ingame earning your way toward a guild ship, your guild might eventually be able to get one.

I wish I could...sadly, I don't have that amount of time to play.

So, we prove that content is gated by gear, and you want to dismiss that evidence since it does not mesh with your desire to see guild ships with no credit cost, as in FREE.

But in the same breath, you want to claim that content is gated by the purchase of a guild ship when any guild CAN make the credits to purchase it, even if not immediately.

Am I the only one who sees the disparity here?

So, we prove that content is gated by gear, and you want to dismiss that evidence since it does not mesh with your desire to see guild ships with no credit cost, as in FREE.

But in the same breath, you want to claim that content is gated by the purchase of a guild ship when any guild CAN make the credits to purchase it, even if not immediately.

Am I the only one who sees the disparity here?

I failed to notice where you proved anything...it's possible it was edited out I guess...

So again, please tell me what Operation/FP/WZ a player is prevented from doing because of gear?

I failed to notice where you proved anything...it's possible it was edited out I guess...

So again, please tell me what Operation/FP/WZ a player is prevented from doing because of gear?

You know exactly what is meant by "gated by gear".

How about gating content by level?

A player is required to reach certain levels before they can participate in certain content. The player can level up to access that content. This will take time, and the content is not immediately accessible.

A guild is required to obtain a guild ship to access that content. The guild can earn the credits needed to purchase the guild ship, in order to access that content. This may take time, and the content may not be immediately accessible on day 1.

Both types of content are gated, although with different gating mechanisms. Neither content is inaccessible provided the player or the guild does what is required to access that content.

Yet you have the time to troll the forums? You could be running gemstone and underworld missions and getting ingame rich beyond belief.

That would require me to be in-game, unless you know some workaround? If I were able to be in-game, I wouldn't be on the forums.