Dear angry Healer,

Supa-S-

Last time I was tanking and a healer demanded I slow down. It was because the healer spent more time dpsing than actually healing and expected everyone to heal themselves once the fights had ended.

While healers that DPS are annoying (unless they are just "that good", but those healers won't complain about fast pulls) as a healer it is VERY annoying when people will stand around and not hit their class regen abilities while out of combat.

As a healer it is my job to keep you from dying in combat, not to heal you out of combat. That takes longer anyway, since I will have to regen energy if I heal you (as a sage/sorc) after combat is over.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

While healers that DPS are annoying (unless they are just "that good", but those healers won't complain about fast pulls) as a healer it is VERY annoying when people will stand around and not hit their class regen abilities while out of combat.

As a healer it is my job to keep you from dying in combat, not to heal you out of combat. That takes longer anyway, since I will have to regen energy if I heal you (as a sage/sorc) after combat is over.

Yes but that takes a whole 3 or 4 secs.

I'm mainly an healer (btw just re subb'd).

You sound like the rare ninja tank... a special breed of tanks which zergging forward in order to finish the FP asap.

Usually I'm ok with that but there are some moments when you need to stop and consult the team,

1. Do we skip that boss?

2. do you wish to finish the bonus for extra xp?

3. Someone afk he need to write a BIOgraphy :rak_03:

so might be your angry healer had one of those issues.

Edited by lironBD

Easy solution : Solo hm fp's with your healer companion

Further advantages : Skipping videos is quicker, you can try new tactics, you can los like hell when low on hp, you just have to trust in yourself, if you faill its your fault, not the others^^

Edited by Methoxa

Why do you get so upset with me when I tank for you? Yes, I move faster than the average tank. But never do I pull at inopportune times. You and I have full health, you also have full resource.

Your group members are not your computer-generated companions. There are real people behind those keyboards who, for any number of reasons (none of which need to be validated/approved by you), aren't comfortable with the pace you are dictating. If they are speaking up and you are ignoring them based on your own very high - and likely very inaccurate - opinion of yourself and your own ability, YOU are in the wrong.

Not everyone wants to go into every situation 190mph with their hair on fire. A GOOD team leader is aware of this and adjusts his play-style accordingly to the comfort level of his team.

I did not jump the offense, mr. Healer. Why do you rebut with personal attacks?

Perhaps I stand to better you, to make you see new tiers of play?

It's your supposition that I seek elitism.

LOL based on all the replies it looks like overwhelming opinion is what you refer to as "personal attacks"

I just stated how you appeared to me based 100% off what you wrote and said.

If that struck a nerve for you, well that's your own issue to deal with

I was just stating my observation from over 20 years of MMORPGs

You, by your very own statements of your play style, do not fall in a category that is known for having great (or even good) abilities (your desire for speed is not a bad tank only issue, it can be found in DPSer and Healers as well and they all ultimately sub par players with delusions of grandeur).

Could you be the 1 exception to the rule?

I suppose so

But personally I doubt it.

As I said, I get feeling you don't actually deal with angry healers.

I get feeling (again based 100% on your own statements about your own play style)

your groups are dealing with a often Raging tank who has delusions of elitism and grandeur

I been healing SW:TOR since day one and playing tank classes for decades before that and I can not think of even one situation where a tank who was good at his/her job had to deal with an angry healer because of their pull speed. Not a single situation in over 2 decades.

Again, maybe your the exception to the rule.

More likely though your not as good as you claim and your groups DON'T TRUST YOU and THAT'S WHY drama unfolds over the speed you pull at.

Edited by Kalfear

The thing about large communities of gamers is that most of them aren't pro like the OP. When he understands that he will either only seek out other pros who are as good as he is to run with, or he will show patience toward other players with varying degrees of skill. Edited by TheBBP

Could it be your warm and inviting approach to interaction with others?

Lol, this.

If any player is making a group miserable for another player, they're doing a bad thing. That includes dps who race ahead and facepull, tanks who don't adjust their play for the skill level of the group. and basically anyone who plays like they're soloing. Groups have to adjust for the members present. That might be annoying for the uber players, but making a new player or one with lag issues sweat bullets to finish 5 min faster is just not very awesome.

Edited by errant_knight

LOL based on all the replies it looks like overwhelming opinion is what you refer to as "personal attacks"

I just stated how you appeared to me based 100% off what you wrote and said.

I was just stating my observation from over 20 years of MMORPGs

You, by your very own statements of your play style, do not fall in a category that is known for having great (or even good) abilities (your desire for speed is not a bad tank only issue, it can be found in DPSer and Healers as well and they all ultimately sub par players with delusions of grandeur).

As I said, I get feeling you don't actually deal with angry healers.

I get feeling (again based 100% on your own statements about your own play style)

your groups are dealing with a often Raging tank who has delusions of elitism and grandeur

I been healing SW:TOR since day one and playing tank classes for decades before that and I can not think of even one situation where a tank who was good at his/her job had to deal with an angry healer because of their pull speed. Not a single situation in over 2 decades.

An argument in assumption stands on no solid ground.

My Kolto dispensing friend, perhaps you have been wronged by these shabby tanks. I shall protect you from them in our blaze of speed!

Indeed i slide you a reassuring pep-talk before swinging into my glorious action! A whirl to behold, you may notice.

But no, beloved healer, i do not become upset with you as you show me. I only wish for you to stay on pace.

Edited by Supa-S-

An argument in assumption stands on no solid ground.

My Kolto dispensing friend, perhaps you have been wronged by these shabby tanks. I shall protect you from them in our blaze of speed!

Indeed i slide you a reassuring pep-talk before swinging into my glorious action! A whirl to behold, you may notice.

But no, beloved healer, i do not become upset with you as you show me. I only wish for you to stay on pace.

Blaze of speed? Are you trying to tank KDY in 12 parsecs? Do u even hard mode, bro?

I agre With the OP tank. After bouncing around in here since beta the only Challenge one has is to up the speed of FPs and the like to make it a smooth fast run where everything melts as butter.

And after time no. 1255647 in an FP its Nice to speed up.

As long as noone dies and enemies die, go for it!

:cool:

You are the sort of tank I hate, the one that doesn't understand the whole point of group content is to work as a team to overcome the objective.... the one who thinks it's all about "me, me and me" when there's 3, 7 or 15 other players in the group.

QFT.

I play all roles in this game. When I group, it's to play as a team with other players. Whether they are mouthbreathing aim juggernauts or not.

The minute I saw:

No, I don't give a rat's *** about the dps.

Tells me that grouping with you is probably a terrible experience for everyone except you.

Dear angry Healer,

Why do you get so upset with me when I tank for you? Yes, I move faster than the average tank. But never do I pull at inopportune times. You and I have full health, you also have full resource. No, I don't give a rat's *** about the dps.

I never lose aggro, even on the large pulls.

You threaten me with statements like, "if you don't slow down, I'm going to stop healing you!"

You queued for the healing role, why does it bother you that you have to fulfill that role just a teeny bit more? It's the role you signed up for. Is it because you have no control over the pacing? Is it because you are lazy and don't wish to finish the fp quickly?

I've healed for the better part of 8 years In MMO's. Your excuse of "healing is stressful, you wouldn't understand." Is very assuming.

So please, mr. Healer. Why do you get so Angry with me?

don't worry about the haters. i'll heal for you. i've never asked a tank to slow down. sure, i've opened boss fights with a consumption or two trying to catch up from the last fight, but the game just isn't that hard. if you're not up to the task, pug into lower level content.

Edited by curtkram

Well.. Supa, if you are the same "Supa" that I know from Harbinger, and you don't have to say if you are or not, I have grouped up with you and you are a great tank. Based on that assumption, if a healer can't keep up, literally can't see what you are doing, and is standing in one place trying to heal, then they are the ones with a problem.

It all comes down to situational awareness. As a tank myself, I'm well aware of where my heals are and what they are doing. However, certain mechanics dictate what I need to do, turn the boss etc. etc., and I expect heals to adjust and position accordingly. For some healers moving and healing is easier then others, cast time vs. instant heals. But generally speaking a good healer overcomes such things and adjusts to the tank, especially a good tank.

In most MMOs the tank takes the lead and sets the pace for the rest of the group so I really don't see a reason for a healer to ask to slow down UNLESS the tank isn't allowing the healer or other members time to heal themselves up.

your pace right? who cares about THEIR comfort level, all shall adhere to YOUR pace. and you see nothing wrong with it?

now, when I do tank, I only stop in these 3 situations.

1. boss. I like to make sure everyone knows what to do - saves time in a long run since you don't wipe, becasue someone didn't know mechanics and you didn't give them a chance to learn.

2. I'm watching my group and that healer/dps is not right behind me and/or is in process of regenerating their energy.

3. my healer is not keeping up and I ended a pull at 75% or less of my health, in which case I use my own readily available free regeneration ability to get back to full health before continuing pulling.

these 3 rules, amazingly enough allowed me to adjust the pace of the run to the best compromise of a pace for everyone involved. the only exceptions are times when I ran into dps/healers that feel like you do, that breakneck is the only pace and to hell with everyone else... in which case... to hell with them

but to reiterate. just becasue I can keep up as a healer, doesn't mean I expect everyone to keep up as well. people come at variable levels of comfort, reactions, etc. you adjust to your weakest link instead of expecting them not to be weak, becasue that always works >_> /sarcasm.

Edited by Jeweledleah

My first thought was: what about the DPS? If they are lacking health when the fight starts, it may put strain on the healer. Even if the tank is excellent, that is no guarantee that DPS will take zero damage! And it is nice for the DPS to actually be present when the fight starts, too.

Besides, in a PUG you can get people with varying comfort levels when it comes to speed, so IMHO it is considerate to keep a moderate pace rather than a very fast or slow one, unless everyone agrees otherwise. There is something between lightning speed and lollygagging around, after all.

your pace right? who cares about THEIR comfort level, all shall adhere to YOUR pace. and you see nothing wrong with it?

i don't know jewel. sometimes you get those people that have to stop between every pull to run to walmart and get a donut, or stop a take a dump. if they can't join the rest of the group to clear the content they pugged for at a reasonable pace, i think they hold some responsibility. perhaps practice the lower level content a bit more so they're more comfortable with their class? or get the walmart trips out of the way before they join the group?

Dear Tank,

I heal a lot. I get really annoyed when I'm on a toon that doesn't have very much in the way of quick action to catch up and when when I'm 30 meters behind my tank and the tank force leaps another 30 meters making me have to cover 30+ meters at in-combat speed to start healing, and by the time that happens the mob is dead and they've leaped to the next mob meaning more catch up... and more ************ at me because they're a) leaping away, out of my range b) not recouping after fights.

Best Wishes,

Peeved Healer

Dear angry Healer,

Why do you get so upset with me when I tank for you? Yes, I move faster than the average tank. But never do I pull at inopportune times. You and I have full health, you also have full resource. No, I don't give a rat's *** about the dps.

I never lose aggro, even on the large pulls.

You threaten me with statements like, "if you don't slow down, I'm going to stop healing you!"

You queued for the healing role, why does it bother you that you have to fulfill that role just a teeny bit more? It's the role you signed up for. Is it because you have no control over the pacing? Is it because you are lazy and don't wish to finish the fp quickly?

I've healed for the better part of 8 years In MMO's. Your excuse of "healing is stressful, you wouldn't understand." Is very assuming.

So please, mr. Healer. Why do you get so Angry with me?

How about we make an agreement. I won't get mad at you for rushing ahead like a pro tank ... if you don't get mad at me when you die horribly. ;)

i don't know jewel. sometimes you get those people that have to stop between every pull to run to walmart and get a donut, or stop a take a dump. if they can't join the rest of the group to clear the content they pugged for at a reasonable pace, i think they hold some responsibility. perhaps practice the lower level content a bit more so they're more comfortable with their class? or get the walmart trips out of the way before they join the group?

yes. its another extreme. and people like that show as much disrespect for the rest of the group as someone who rushes ahead regardless of other people's comfort level. there's a difference between needed to stop for a few seconds to regen health or to scavenge that mob you just killed - and going away from computer every pull.

reasonable pace? varies. from person to person. for someone - reasonable pace is to clear the trash pull then stop to heal up or wait a few seconds on a cooldown, before pulling next group. for someone else reasonable pace is chain pulling next group, while previous one is still dying.

either one is fine as long as EVERYONE is on the same page. that's the key point. at this time I can easily keep up with tanks like op and have time for looting/ at least partial scavenging. but i can also relate and understand those that can't. and just expecting them to keep up anyways and then be surprised when they are not happy about it? is lets be honest - is foolish.

Bleh donuts from wall mart!!! :( I'd much rather go grab some fresh Krispy Kremes from the Krispy Kreme shop here myself. :p