Stronghold Packs Preview

Iwipe

Alright, thanks. I'll do it later tonight. Might end up posting it tomorrow though.
If you're on Jedi Covenant (and the character in question is up to Valor 60), I can make you the Battlemaster armor sets with the appearances you want. No need to visit the Cartel Pack Lotto for that.

Back on topic, There is almost nothing in these packs that I actually want...except Satele Shan's Armor. I'm going to make a new Shadow as close to her appearance as I can get now, though I think her hairstyle is unique. Shadows can already get her weapon in a few different ways: the Disruptor's Doublesaber from the final boss of The Esseles, there's a random loot drop that requires Light I, and (my Shadow tank's personal weapon) the Worn Double-Bladed Lightsaber that comes from the Advanced Class Gearbox when you choose Shadow as your Advanced Class.

Edited by MishraArtificer

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I'm overly impressed. Way too many recolors, even for Bioware. Besides the Shan set and the yellow Chocobo, there isn't anything I really like, and I don't see myself getting either of those.

Unfortunately I have to agree... not a whole lot of exciting things in the pack.

But hey, on the bright side... people can get a cheap knock-off of Revan's mask now. I was wondering when they were going to toss the entire set on a rep vendor or otherwise make it common as well. :p

Either way, thanks Dulfy!

Something I didn't notice at first because the images aren't available yet:

Architect Pack will have a Companion Customization for Sgt. Rusk! About time the big blue grump got some love.

Who knows, maybe SCORPIO will finally get some options as well in the near future.

Many thanks, Dulfy. :D

Satele's set is gorgeous, definitely at the top of my list! <3 There are a lot of recolored armors, but IMHO they are mostly old and/or limited enough that I can appreciate them. Well . . . except the belly-baring bovine outfit and the banana set, but I thought those styles were ridiculous the first time around. :p

I'm disappointed in Aric's new customization though. Now that Cathar are playable, would it kill them to give him a different face? I feel like I have Grumpy Cat's angrier, uglier cousin glaring over my shoulder in every cutscene. :mad: <-- Aric

Edited by Gwena

I am bloody furious, that's what I am. I saw them at work last night and it really ruined my evening. Out of so many Jedi in the 'verse the only robes we get any time soon are ones designed with females in mind (Satele + Kreia). Kreia's robe is yet another of 90% Jedi-based sets which has a forced hood. Why can't we get robes, I bet, every player was wearing as The Exile when playing KotOR 2 (see my sig)? Why can't we get Master Kavar's? Those are generic, both sex-friendly Jedi robes without forced hoods.

"These aren't the Traditional Jedi Robes you're looking for. You can go about your business. Move along."

It almost seems like you need to borrow BioWare's armor design tools, learn them, create exactly the robes you want, and give them the designs when you are done, because nothing short of that is going to make you happy.

No kidding!! People always complain that there are not enough Adaptive armors in the game then when they do it people complain that they are just reskins.

All I can say to those people is MAKE UP YOUR MINDS ALREADY!!

Many of them have made up their minds, long ago:

I want to find fault in everything BW does, and complain about it.

It makes me feel superior, as if I could have done a better job myself.

It's probably related to their low self-esteem.

Bioware is trolling me.

Sure they are. They probably hold a weekly meeting every Monday morning, when everyone is grumpy, about the best way to drive you nuts. It's probably a line item on the project plan: "Design another Not Quite Traditional Jedi Robe to enrage Alec, 2 man-weeks, due by WW34."

I'm not the biggest fan of people roleplaying well known or fairly established characters either, since it sounds so freakin' unoriginal but even so...

Anyway, to each his own I guess. Thanks for answering.

People dress like their idols all the time.

Satele (and revan to some extent) are famous people in-universe so it makes sense that people emulate their style.

Not everyone, but the occational "fan".

This game has a player base in the hundreds of thousands, it should not surprise or upset anyone that there are people with completely opposite tastes/preferences among that large a number.

The person complaining "Why'd you take out the Rakata armor?? You need to bring it back!" is probably not the same person complaining "Why are you putting out so many reskins?? Stop being so lazy!"

And I don't believe the fact that someone already made an honest complaint about a situation/decision should be used to dismiss or minimize the honest complaints of a person who is on the opposite side of that issue.

tl;dr = no, you genuinely can't please everyone, when we're talking about hundreds of thousands of players, but that's not something to be bothered by.

Edited by DarthDymond

"These aren't the Traditional Jedi Robes you're looking for. You can go about your business. Move along."

It almost seems like you need to borrow BioWare's armor design tools, learn them, create exactly the robes you want, and give them the designs when you are done, because nothing short of that is going to make you happy.

I am of the firm belief that even if they made exactly the sets he wanted, he still wouldn't be happy because it wouldn't "look right" in-game or something.

Or because the character models are disproportionate to the models in KotOR and real life.

I'm going to make a new thread asking Bioware to add the right helmet. Worth a try. Should I put it in the cm forums or the PTS? Gonna have comparison pics and horrible PhotoShop pics explaining what I mean/want.

It's done, and can be found here. I would love some support from my fellow forum peoples, and maybe some conformation from the yellow posters. That would make this Bounty Hunter very happy.

I am bloody furious, that's what I am. I saw them at work last night and it really ruined my evening. Out of so many Jedi in the 'verse the only robes we get any time soon are ones designed with females in mind (Satele + Kreia). Kreia's robe is yet another of 90% Jedi-based sets which has a forced hood. Why can't we get robes, I bet, every player was wearing as The Exile when playing KotOR 2 (see my sig)? Why can't we get Master Kavar's? Those are generic, both sex-friendly Jedi robes without forced hoods.

Why can't Kreia or Satele sets be worn by men? Kreia's looks almost better on male, imo

You're right :mad: Oh well, it's a start. I'm just happy they are adding the armor.

Reno, Oddball, you seem like you would know best. I'm going to make a new thread asking Bioware to add the right helmet. Worth a try. Should I put it in the cm forums or the PTS? Gonna have comparison pics and horrible PhotoShop pics explaining what I mean/want. Or, perhaps I should wait until we know for sure what helmet they will include...

PTS would be the right place I think.

And as someone pointed out there is already a thread about it apparantly.

I agree with you that the helmet should be the one that belongs to the set, for the simple reason that the helmet would not look good on most other sets so it's unlikely we'll ever see it if it doesn't get in that set whereas the other helmet that's there now could fit on many many other sets.

A SLAP TO EVERY BIOCHEMIST'S FACE!!

Just kidding!

I was a little disappointed to learn today that dancing twi'leks are not Biochem crafted.

It appears that as of right now I will only be able to place 69 dancing twi'leks in my Nar Shaddaa palace. Drats!

Dulfy's All-Knowing Font of Knowingness.

Isn't there a 50 item cap?

Oh and uuugh to the image of having Biochem crafters "craft" twi-lek dancers :eek:

Edited by OddballEasyEight