Hahaha Legacy Storage only has 5 tabs for 50 million credits

Transairion

Let's face it people, they don't want us to use credits to buy bays, they want us to use cartel coins, Profit is their only motive. If they made it too easy to pay with credits, then fewer people would pay with coins. That is why they made the prices so high.

I suspect that they will hold to these prices for now, and then maybe when sales slow down they will put them on sale in an attempt to get more people to buy them then. Until then, at least they have provided someone who really wants all five bays a way to get them without having to buy/use cartel coins.

Edited by Exly

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seemed confused regarding Subs and F2P, so I gave you that helpful link. I'm sorry if my posting habits frighten you, but it's okay. I promise.

Did you get a chance to read through that link I gave you yet?

Where would be without you to help save us from our freedom of choice and personal opinions...?

We should be grateful, but....personal opinions...they are a *****.

Where would be without you to help save us from our freedom of choice and personal opinions...?

We should be grateful, but....personal opinions...they are a *****.

I'm sorry, did I kick your kitten or something? All I did was show what subs get as opposed to what F2P gets. Spare me your hysterical ramblings about freedom of choice and opinions.

I'm sorry, did I kick your kitten or something? All I did was show what subs get as opposed to what F2P gets. Spare me your hysterical ramblings about freedom of choice and opinions.

You know that wasn't the point. You just tried to make a funny and failed.

I'm stating that they care so little for subs now that they might as well just eliminate subscriptions and sell some permanent unlocks on CM. They can make all their cash right there from that shop.

I used to hold out hope that they truly did care about subs. That they truly do care about casuals. But, truthfully, they don't care about subs. They do care about casuals, but only so far as they want to them to spends 100s on the CM, rather than play the game.

The funniest part of this whole situation is that, 3 days ago, if you had told me "Bioware is charging 50 million for Legacy Storage. There will be 3 people who will adamantly defend this decision in every single post made protesting the cost. Name those 3 people." I would have been 100% correct. So sadly predictable.

The cost does nothing to improve the game. Nothing. THAT'S what Bioware should be concerning themselves with.

You do realize that if you had said the same to me but asked me to name the people outraged by it, I could have named quite a few too.

Seriously?! You think this is an acceptable reply?

Oh yeah. I reply to an angry post about how they don't care about Subs and why should we all just unsub with a link explaining 'why' we should Sub and what we get from Subbing. And I get a response talking about 'freedom of choice' or something or another.

You know that wasn't the point. You just tried to make a funny and failed.

I'm stating that they care so little for subs now that they might as well just eliminate subscriptions and sell some permanent unlocks on CM. They can make all their cash right there from that shop.

I used to hold out hope that they truly did care about subs. That they truly do care about casuals. But, truthfully, they don't care about subs. They do care about casuals, but only so far as they want to them to spends 100s on the CM, rather than play the game.

And I'm stating that you're being hysterical and making silly posts full of histrionics and hyperbole.

Oh yeah. I reply to an angry post about how they don't care about Subs and why should we all just unsub with a link explaining 'why' we should Sub and what we get from Subbing. And I get a response talking about 'freedom of choice' or something or another.

Not in that reply you didn't...you struck out, not him.

And I'm stating that you're being hysterical and making silly posts full of histrionics and hyperbole.

Rather than just throwing out insults, explain what you mean. You seldom (if ever) explain your position, you just insult others...

It's a legitimate option for them. Just think, instead of being "forced" to offer early access and such to subs, they could just sell early access tokens in the CM. Think of how much money that could make them!

It's DICE. After Battlefield 4.

They'll be patching that mess of a game still by the time the new Battlefront is released.

Lol! Yes... I was in there for that debacle. It makes the LS concerns seem trivial.

It's a legitimate option for them. Just think, instead of being "forced" to offer early access and such to subs, they could just sell early access tokens in the CM. Think of how much money that could make them!

Oh, hey, they could also not give subs however many rooms in the Nar Shaddaa stronghold for free, too. I mean, they hate subs and want to do away with the subscription model, so they really ought to stop giving things away to subs.

And stop with the credit purchase options for everything, too, especially guild flagships which can only be purchased with an amount of credits that a group of subscribers can reasonably acquire. Let's switch all purchases like that to Cartel Coin only. That's the ticket!

:rolleyes:

Lol! Yes... I was in there for that debacle. It makes the LS concerns seem trivial.

I was there too.

I was hoping to experience both Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and Battlefield 4 to their fullest, while taking a small break from this game. Black Flag was flawless but Battlefield 4... For Petey's sake...

I'll await for positive word-of-mouth before going for the new Battlefront. For sure. :o

Oh, hey, they could also not give subs however many rooms in the Nar Shaddaa stronghold for free, too. I mean, they hate subs and want to do away with the subscription model, so they really ought to stop giving things away to subs.

And stop with the credit purchase options for everything, too, especially guild flagships which can only be purchased with an amount of credits that a group of subscribers can reasonably acquire. Let's switch all purchases like that to Cartel Coin only. That's the ticket!

:rolleyes:

See, they wouldn't be giving any rooms to subs because there would be no subs. There would just be people willing to pay for the rooms. And, yes, they could CM-only that stuff because it is fluff and offering it would not be P2W.

Please either explain how to get this free storage (all I'm getting is the one tab that comes with the Palace I preordered*) or quit calling it free.

On the PTS, Legacy Storage is free when you spend 5K credits (5000) on a home-world Stronghold, or if you get the free Nar Shadaa Stronghold for being a subscriber on the qualifying dates.

And do you really believe that most of the people complaining are really that outraged about the price to *expand* the non-free Legacy Storage that they are calling useless, as opposed to still being upset that Legacy Storage won't let them freely trade BoP items within their Legacy.

I don't read minds, I just read posts about "OMG 50 million for Legacy Storage," which is deceptive.

If they are posting that because they wanted Bound gear to be converted to Bound to Legacy by Legacy Storage, let them say so.

Because if it could do that, you know they'd be happy with a single slot.

No, I don't know that. Some of these posters never seem to be happy. Unless being a troll makes them happy.

* My understanding is that anybody who buys a stronghold has to do an intro quest which grants a Legacy Storage access point, and thus access to the first tab.

Quest, on PTS: Talk to holocom, walk 30 meters to Stronghold Vendor, buy Stronghold (for as little as 5K), open Stronghold menu, click "Travel," collect rewards. Let us know if that's too arduous for you, or takes more than a minute to do. :D

Feel free to go over to the PTS and check it out, it's easy to do and free. Plus you can copy each toon over to the PTS several times, and be wealthy beyond your wildest SWTOR dreams. Until next PTS reset, at least.

First of all, by this point Legacy Storage is a convenience feature. 3 years of having to work around the restriction has meant I already have a good inventory system on hand.

The first free tab of legacy storage will be ideal to centralise those materials that are shared between the various crafters such as the Blue and Purple mats and the additional vendor purchased materials.

I may even open up a second tab to store a few of the legacy bound sets I made for companions. I have a 'healers' set of cunning based legacy bound armour with full augments kicking around for any level 55 healer companion to use, but I always forget which character has it :rolleyes:

But, I won't feel compelled to blow any additional resources on opening up the other tabs.

^^^ Vhaegrant nailed it. This is correct. :D

This game is becoming a nothing more than an enormous cash sink. It's just not worth the time. It's insulting.
If you have enjoyed SWTOR as it is now, there is no need for you to buy anything in the new expansion.

Play as F2P if you like. It's a bit more difficult but the core game is there, for free, and 2.9 does not change that.

If you are sinking cash into SWTOR, you are choosing to do so because you value what the money buys you.