50 million...how will you protect the players?

TUXs

15mil, seriously? 15mil is ludicrously low amount of money.

And if people get duped, well, that is on them. And I imagine if enough people filed a complaint against a specific guild, BW would probably take action against that guild...

It was originally rumored to be between 5-10mil. 50 is outrageous. 15 I'd be fine with. 25 would be a fine compromise.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Make it 15 mil...still expensive, just not to the level 50 mil is. The 50 mil price tag is just FILLED with flipping drama...drama nobody in this game needs or wants.

Drama yeah. Everyone was cool with Darth GTNisBoring and Barsenthor Broke*** until they wanted to get a guild ship and all those two chipped in was pocket lint.

Edited by Joesixxpack

The other interesting question is what protects you from a disband? What happens to the guild ship when the guild is disbanded? What if some guild leader (or worse, his angry soon to be ex wife) logs in and rips the guild apart?

The other interesting question is what protects you from a disband? What happens to the guild ship when the guild is disbanded? What if some guild leader (or worse, his angry soon to be ex wife) logs in and rips the guild apart?

Get your woman under control.

Problem solved.

15mil, seriously? 15mil is ludicrously low amount of money.

And if people get duped, well, that is on them. And I imagine if enough people filed a complaint against a specific guild, BW would probably take action against that guild...

Or that guild will get a bad rep and no one will join them and their recruit messages will be filled with people telling their horror stories of getting screwed. Until the TOS is broken, BW is not going to do anything.

So basically Guilds should have a protected donation fund just for GuildShip, donated specifically by players to that "fund". Of which the Guild can use towards a Guild Ship, but, belongs to the guild member until ship is purchased. If the member leaves, that allocated amount of credits goes with the member. It's connected to the member until actual purchase. Something like that? Which....obviously requires development and such, I just come up with the ideas around here, no idea how to implement or if possible :p But that seems to be what you're somewhat getting at, protect the credits because it's a lot of credits and effort. Edited by Code_Airwolf

So basically Guilds should have a protected donation fund just for GuildShip, donated specifically by players to that "fund". Of which the Guild can use towards a Guild Ship, but, belongs to the guild member until ship is purchased. If the member leaves, that allocated amount of credits goes with the member. It's connected to the member until actual purchase. Something like that? Which....obviously requires development and such, I just come up with the ideas around here, no idea how to implement or if possible :p But that seems to be what you're somewhat getting at, protect the credits because it's a lot of credits and effort.

That's...not a bad idea!

Or that guild will get a bad rep and no one will join them and their recruit messages will be filled with people telling their horror stories of getting screwed. Until the TOS is broken, BW is not going to do anything.

Or that.

So basically Guilds should have a protected donation fund just for GuildShip, donated specifically by players to that "fund". Of which the Guild can use towards a Guild Ship, but, belongs to the guild member until ship is purchased.

^ What I was thinking. Only question I'm not certain on is visible ledger or not?

So basically Guilds should have a protected donation fund just for GuildShip, donated specifically by players to that "fund". Of which the Guild can use towards a Guild Ship, but, belongs to the guild member until ship is purchased. If the member leaves, that allocated amount of credits goes with the member. It's connected to the member until actual purchase. Something like that? Which....obviously requires development and such, I just come up with the ideas around here, no idea how to implement or if possible :p But that seems to be what you're somewhat getting at, protect the credits because it's a lot of credits and effort.

Stop saying it like each member has to contribute 50 million. It is 50 million altogether. Even if someone invested 1 million, that is money that is easily recovered in this game (not to mention, some people are willing to spend 25 mil on a walker mount), no reason to invent anything special.

Not to mention your system would just add additional time before people were kicked, assuming it was a scumbag guild that requires people to pay to be members. It would buy the ship, and then kick everybody except original members.

Bioware, if you're going to charge 50 million for guild ships, I hope you have thought about the ramifications that will come with such a high price. Since there's no universal taxing system for guilds, this will be 100% dependent on player trust and player contributions. What policies are you putting in place to prevent abuse and protect those who contribute?

Obviously you have a way to refund players contributions if they're kicked from the guild right?

IF people are concerned and not trusting their guild or leadership now, they should find a new home. To me, if someone is kicked from our guild, it is for a very good reason and only one person has permission to kick anyone at that...that being me, the GL. All removals are generally subject to a council vote as well. This is one of those things that every guild member already knows.

And you've devised a way to prevent some single player from emptying the entire bank and making off with the $?

Only person in my guild that can do this is me. We have been sitting on an access of over 20 million for nearly 2 years and I have contributed a very large amount of what our guild has. So not sure anyone is concerned about this from my guild. Again, trust issue, refer to previous statement.

And there's no possibility of my contribution being used to fund repairs right?

We already provide funds for repairs. This actually was a topic of discussion with a possibility of suspending this portion of guild benefit while boosting the funds to go towards the guild ship. We have not done so and still have boosted our existing surplus while continuing our repair allowances.

The abuses that will come with a cost this high are many...but...you guys have of course thought about that right?

Again, trust issue with the guild some maybe in is at hand with this. Time to look for a new home.

If you're going to ask a price so high, that only contributing players can possibly pay for it, you have an obligation to protect the players from the fraud that will inevitably follow. So what safeguards are you implementing to protect players who contribute to this outrageous sum?

Now please understand that I get exactly what you are saying here. I think it is a shame that we have to think along these lines as a way to protect ourselves in game. But the truth is, is that there are some out there that will indeed do everything you are asking in the above. It is up to us, the player base and guild leads, to do what we can to safeguard our guild and everything we build towards.

I REALLY like this suggestion.

And yes, visible ledger by all in the guild. They should know what others have contributed. Not to shame anyone, more to THANK them.

15 I'd be fine with. 25 would be a fine compromise.

Really?

If a guild can raise 25 million for a guild ship, what stops them from raising 50 million?

If unethical guild leaders ripping off players for 50 million so so terrible , why is ripping off players for 25 million OK?

And yes, visible ledger by all in the guild. They should know what others have contributed. Not to shame anyone, more to THANK them.

The ledger already exists. It is up to the guild leader to set the permissions as to whom can view it and who can not.

OR, players could keep their credits in their own banks, and just pledge it towards the purchase of the ship.

Then, when the ship is to be purchased, the pledges are collected. BW doesn't need to do anything.

Remember, EA/BW does not involve itself with "guild drama".

The same answer given for players stealing from the GB and quitting the guild will be given for players giving credits to the guild and then getting booted.

It is the guilds responsibility to police itself and it is the players responsibility to join a guild they trust.

Good luck everyone.

Guild banks have ledgers that show who contributed and taken out in last 2 weeks.

Now please understand that I get exactly what you are saying here. I think it is a shame that we have to think along these lines as a way to protect ourselves in game. But the truth is, is that there are some out there that will indeed do everything you are asking in the above. It is up to us, the player base and guild leads, to do what we can to safeguard our guild and everything we build towards.

It's also up to us to ensure our members have the protection THEY deserve.

Guild banks have ledgers that show who contributed and taken out in last 2 weeks.

I'm aware of that - your point?

The ledger already exists. It is up to the guild leader to set the permissions as to whom can view it and who can not.

I know, but that has nothing to do with what my reply was in response to.

Edited by TUXs

It will, indeed, be interesting to see how these things play out. Someone is going to switch guilds just to take part in this. They will give a sum of credits. They will get booted because the world is full of jackholes who do this sort of thing. There will be much anguish and frustration. BW needs to state what happens when this happens.

Nothing will happen...

People who switch guilds and give lots of money quickly, then get booted, are going to get screwed in life in general.

These are the same people who think the money is coming any day from that Nigerian Prince... suckers are born every minute...

You can't fix stupid...

Really?

If a guild can raise 25 million for a guild ship, what stops them from raising 50 million?

If unethical guild leaders ripping off players for 50 million so so terrible , why is ripping off players for 25 million OK?

Where the hell did I say it was OK at ALL to rip anyone off Buri? I DIDN'T.

It's less of a stretch to get to 15-25mil though, than it is 50mil.